Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

Considering how popular mashups are I hope they do an IP mashup of mazes that might not work as full blown mazes(i.e. Night of the Living Dead, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Black Christmas); preferably movies not produced by Blumhouse though. Might be a dumb idea but it would definitely fit in an uber maze

Considering that a new Purge movie is on its way there's no doubt a maze/zone is under consideration for 2018.
There's no doubt?

I wouldn't go that far.

I guess I do not understand why they do not throw Chucky in as a plan B sometime. They appear to have merch rights or something
I had heard Chucky was a possible replacement for Conjuring. I'm not sure why they didn't decide to go with it. Not that I'm complaining. An original as a replacement is a good sign.

EDIT - Sorry for the double post. I thought the forum would merge automatically. Feel free to fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just really really really happy that Conjuring was not made into a purge house.... I Know they replaced the part in blumhouse with purge but they could have easily made Hive into the purge as well (And just bring happy death day to Blumhouse)

I dont like that purge is becoming the standard for replacing, and I would much prefer chucky became the go to for replacements.

Maybe. Just saying there are certainly other options for a mega house, not to mention 25's megahouse was an original. No reason it can't be one again, however unlikely.
There are potential IPs for a megahouse. Conjuring is definitely one of them. It's availability isn't up to Universal though. That's the catch. They have unfettered access to others already.

I'd love a completely original mega house though. I just think it would be TOO resource intensive for everyone to be worth it when it's not an anniversary year.

I'd love a completely original mega house though. I just think it would be TOO resource intensive for everyone to be worth it when it's not an anniversary year.

I had an idea for one "Tour of Carey, OH" featuring different locations we've seen set in the town, but it'd draw like a wet turd since it's deep in the "lore" weeds.

That's much better suited for 2019. It may take them that long to get all the rights they want.
I mean, Chapter 2 is set for 2019...perfect time to do an uber house based on both parts and promote it.

I had an idea for one "Tour of Carey, OH" featuring different locations we've seen set in the town, but it'd draw like a wet turd since it's deep in the "lore" weeds.

That'd be great. M&M was very tied into past houses, and it was a pretty big success.

I could see that working well, though it would basically be a mash-up house of some wildly different houses. Leave it to Cleaver, the Wyandot Estate, Dr. Agana's offices (if I remember correctly), the Spawning's water treatment plant. The problem is that you can't even really call it a best-of or cult classics house. Most of the Cary houses were met with a resounding meh.

I wonder if AHS will be the uber-house next year.....popular both last year and this year they could do a house with all 7(by next year) seasons. H=Kind of like the Walking Dead best bits from last year.