Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

Brave was a terrible movie. But people like the character. And she's a better role model than other princesses (cause she don't need no man!) And the line to meet her at Magic Kingdom gets long and she has barely any space there... So, I can understand why she'd move to Epcot (just like Anna and Elsa!)

I'd love to see Moana come to MK if they're losing Merida to Epcot.

Tbh Mary Poppins fits the aesthetic of the UK pavilion due to it looking like London and would be the logical choice (Disney needs to hire some Vulcans) Brave is set in 10th Century Scotland which is a long way from Victorian London but hey when has Disney ever really done the most logical thing when putting stuff in.

Tbh Mary Poppins fits the aesthetic of the UK pavilion due to it looking like London and would be the logical choice (Disney needs to hire some Vulcans) Brave is set in 10th Century Scotland which is a long way from Victorian London but hey when has Disney ever really done the most logical thing when putting stuff in.
I think it really came down to Brave/Merida being a Disney Princess. Disney makes bank on the princess line.

Not to mention that Poppins is based on the P.L. Travers books, which means the character could become public domain at any given point and then Disney wouldn't have the type of control that they do with an IP like Brave.

I'll hold out until we see Brave to judge it. For all we know, maybe it'll end up being a very nice, tasteful Scotland expansion beside the U.K. I don't care for the source material but who knows, maybe it'll surprise us.

BRAVE certainly wouldn't be my choice (my Armchair Imagineering pitch has always been a "Great Moments in U.K. Literature" dark ride), and I have no idea what to expect from a "B-ticket." What can we point to in the parks today for reference? Are flats typically considered As or Bs?

As for the Scotland setting, it is interesting that Disney would go ahead with that, given that there's a slight chance that Scotland may not forever be part of the U.K. It's a very small chance, sure, but it's greater than zero, and greater than before Brexit happened.

I wonder how many times they'll have to explain to people that Scotland is part of the United Kingdom?

For now.

They'll have egg on their faces if Scotland do go independant, could still happen depending on how Brexit pans out. Mary would have been a better, safer choice.

But.....

It's all about the merch, bout the merch, not Mary.

For now.

They'll have egg on their faces if Scotland do go independant, could still happen depending on how Brexit pans out. Mary would have been a better, safer choice.

But.....

;)No, not Mary (Queen of Scots). That would be an "off with her head" attraction. :lol:........Oh, you're talking about the prim & proper Mary Poppins, an interactive dark ride where you get to choose your cup of tea flavor and butter/or not on your crumpit. :lol:

Last edited:
So was alot of places!
For now.

But.....

So what you are saying is that the Brave attraction may some day have to secede from the UK pavilion? We going to have Disney's version of Kong "island"

We don't know if this is a ride or yet do we? I suppose B or C ticket could mean another elaborate meet and greet like Enchanted Tales with Belle, or to a lesser extent, Royal Sommerhus?

EDIT: Oh oh oh, I like this idea. How about "Archery Lessons with Merida"?

So happy they didn't choose Mary Poppins. How boring that would be. I wasn't a big fan of the Brave movie, but I love the Little Mermaid ride so if it was something like that it could be pretty cool. My personal choice would have been Alice in Wonderland dark ride.

We don't know if this is a ride or yet do we? I suppose B or C ticket could mean another elaborate meet and greet like Enchanted Tales with Belle, or to a lesser extent, Royal Sommerhus?

EDIT: Oh oh oh, I like this idea. How about "Archery Lessons with Merida"?
It will be a ride from all accounts. A system Disney has used in WDW, but isn't represented in Epcot more specifically.

It will be a ride from all accounts. A system Disney has used in WDW, but isn't represented in Epcot more specifically.
Hmmmm... I like @Disneyhead 's idea. Since they already have several omnimovers (SwN, SSE) those are out. They also have two boat rides (Frozen, 3 cabs). Maybe a version of the Pooh ride from MK, but what to theme the ride vehicles? They could do a family coaster like 7DMT or Goofy, but again, what theme for the cars? I'm thinking trackless ride vehicle is the most logical if it is not a flat ride (carousel, flying bears?).