Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27 House Route/Strategy

I intend to have my first day next weds, will it be a busy day mid week or ?
Early on I think the busy days are inverted since it is a lot of people with Frequent Fear passes. Both Saturdays have been the least busy so far by a noticeable margin, with Fridays being calm until 9ish. Once October swings around the Sats get bad. If it is a school/work night then later it will clear out.

For Wednesday I would guess moderate crowds clearing later into the night. I would just say do what houses you can early and pace yourself so you can stay late and hit more houses once the lines die down.

Houses have been over estimating their wait times this year. Only one time did friends go into a line and find the wait to be longer than advertised (it was for The Fallen).
I’ve had at least 5 instances of wait times being under estimated. Ash vs. Evil Dead, Saw, Dead Water and 2 Times at Shining.

I’ve had at least 5 instances of wait times being under estimated. Ash vs. Evil Dead, Saw, Dead Water and 2 Times at Shining.

I've had a couple overestimated but had one really bad underestimated in The Fallen. Wait showed 20, should've bailed as soon as I got in view of the line. Six full switchbacks, clearly longer than 20 but appeared to have a steady flow. The real giveaway was nearly nobody was joining the line behind me so they probably jumped the wait time up to 50/60 right after I entered. Was 50.

Alright I'm making my first visit next Thursday (10/5). My priorities are The Shining and the originals (would prefer to do those repeatedly instead of hitting other houses--aside from maybe AVED). Been hearing that Scarecrow has very long waits, quite a contrast from that location last year. So that and Shining should be my "hit firsts," correct?

Alright I'm making my first visit next Thursday (10/5). My priorities are The Shining and the originals (would prefer to do those repeatedly instead of hitting other houses--aside from maybe AVED). Been hearing that Scarecrow has very long waits, quite a contrast from that location last year. So that and Shining should be my "hit firsts," correct?

Dead Waters and Fallen right by Shining, so hit all three in a row (preferably from Finns). Then hustle back to Scarecrow--it will be busy, but hopefully not too busy yet. Then knock out Hive and finally AvED--with luck both should still be under 30. Will be a line to revisit your favorite(s), but at least knock them all out once.

So is Finns the best place for S&S then head for everything else or ? As this is my first time I want to try and get as much done, altho I do have more than 1 day but still.

My father and I have Frequent Fear with express, so it really doesn't matter as much to us. But we do have a specific route that we use. We like to go

1. AHS
2. Shinning
3. The Fallen
4. Dead Waters
5. Saw
6. Blumhouse
7. Hive
8. Scarecrow
9. Ash vs Evil Dead

That is always the path that we take. It always seems to let us get every house done during each night. Plus usually by the time we get out of Saw, the Auction is usually going on in The Purge scare zone. So it works out really nicely!

Plus I would like to mention, that we hang out in the Hello Kitty Stay and Scream holding area. It allows us to get AHS done with, before it gets too crowded! Anyways, that's what we do, so I just wanted to share!

~Corey Mathery

So is Finns the best place for S&S then head for everything else or ? As this is my first time I want to try and get as much done, altho I do have more than 1 day but still.

We did not use S&S at all this year. We went four nights, non Express. We only attempted to get through each house on time in three days, so it was an easy slow pace for us.

To me, the best S&S time spent has been when we could get a table at Finns or the 1st seating for Scareactor Dinning (you have to listen for the music to start on your own (at least in the past) as I guess it is not a S&S location.

I liked Finns as a locale, but you could end up in the alley way just sort of hanging.

I think HK is just the sidewalk out front, but it is the only way to see AHS 1st.

I assume you need to get to a location around 4:30 for a 5:45ish start?

I know one day, we got there around gate open, walked right in via the on site guest entrance, and AHS was listed at 35 minutes, so I think I would rather that wait than sitting in the sun for an hour, but it is still a gamble, once Express folks and tour groups start showing up, the regular line slows and grows.

This year, we did not do any houses until it was dark out and I feel that helped me enjoy the details on each walk through, but Ash is the only house I did three times, all others were twice through over four nights.

I’ve been following the app quite a bit over the past few nights as prep work for my trip in 2 weeks. If the app is at least halfway accurate, wait times are insanely low this year. It also seems that the houses in the back (Blumhouse, Scarecrow and Hive) are having much higher wait times than AHS, The Shining and Dead Waters. That’s the exact opposite of what I was expecting going into this year.

Last year I was a Hello Kitty S&S every night because of AHS wait times, but these wait times are making it look like Springfield is the way to go this year.

I would love to hear more input because these 5-20 minute wait times on the app for over half the houses on a Saturday night are really making me scratch my head

I’ve been following the app quite a bit over the past few nights as prep work for my trip in 2 weeks. If the app is at least halfway accurate, wait times are insanely low this year. It also seems that the houses in the back (Blumhouse, Scarecrow and Hive) are having much higher wait times than AHS, The Shining and Dead Waters. That’s the exact opposite of what I was expecting going into this year.

Last year I was a Hello Kitty S&S every night because of AHS wait times, but these wait times are making it look like Springfield is the way to go this year.

I would love to hear more input because these 5-20 minute wait times on the app for over half the houses on a Saturday night are really making me scratch my head
I wouldn’t rely very heavily on the app. It can be way off in either direction more often than it’s correct.

This weekend has been really slow. I wouldn’t expect that to continue next week and beyond.

AHS, Shining and others at the front have seemed to go down a little as the night goes on, but that’s relative to the overall wait times.

I wouldn’t rely very heavily on the app. It can be way off in either direction more often than it’s correct.

This weekend has been really slow. I wouldn’t expect that to continue next week and beyond.

AHS, Shining and others at the front have seemed to go down a little as the night goes on, but that’s relative to the overall wait times.

Gotcha. Last year I went for 3 nights around the same time I’m going this year (Oct 18-20) and it wasn’t that crowded at all. But still this year seems to have much lower wait times compared to similar dates from last year. It’s beem interesting to follow.

Thanks for the reply

Gotcha. Last year I went for 3 nights around the same time I’m going this year (Oct 18-20) and it wasn’t that crowded at all. But still this year seems to have much lower wait times compared to similar dates from last year. It’s beem interesting to follow.

Thanks for the reply

I'm not in Orlando, but the weather down here has been discouraging for outside activities at times. I was just wondering if you look at the Orlando weather at times it looks slow?

I'm not in Orlando, but the weather down here has been discouraging for outside activities at times. I was just wondering if you look at the Orlando weather at times it looks slow?

I haven’t been paying much attention to weather, but I’m sure that has had some impact.

Best bet from experience is to do hello kitty s&s (arrive early enough to be in the left side of the holding zone that lets out first) and hit the AHS as one of the first group of people and then the shining. Then go to dead waters as it is also open early. Next hit ash vs evil dead if you get through the 1st 3 quickly and the front gates have not been open long (skip it and go back if the front gate has been opened for more than 15 mins). Hit hive, then scarecrow, then blumhouse. If you do this right you should be able to hit 6-7 houses in the 1st 90-120 minutes and hit an early show. This allowed me to do 8 houses and a show for multiple nights and be out of the park by 10:30-11. I also rode a few rides in there.

The app was pretty much worthless in planning as crowds come in so fast that you are too late by the time a low wait is posted.

Last edited:
The worst part about the weather this weekend has been the forecast. The actual weather has turned out really nice. I do think it kept people away since it was a 90% chance of rain at times. It was really a best case scenario, bad weather forecast keeps everyone away, then it turns out to be really nice and not very crowded.