(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Have you seen the concept art? It's basically a mis match of space ports from all the movies, and a little forest area similar to Endor. Personally, I think this was the wise way to go. The idea is that you are in a Outpost that is currently housing both the Falcon and the New Order's command ship. It works way better than having multiple mini planets, you can somehow teleport to by walking around the corner. It also allows them to introduce new aliens and other surprises that are exclusive to the park. You obviously cant' have a Hoth land in Florida or California.

Yes, I've seen the concept art. It's the Forbidden Journey method. Just throw everything into one land/ride. I'd have put a land or two in each park myself. Open one or two every year over the course of 5 or so years. With the new movies, they might even be able to do more than that. HP is showing that fans of these series will eat up whatever you give them. They will make multiple trips and throw money at whatever you give them. So give them multiple lands. Make them visit all of the parks. Figure out a way to replicate the success of HE and do inter-park transport. It's a freaking gold mine and they are limiting it to two rides in one park.

And if they can build Antartica at Sea World and have snow year round in Hogsmede, they can build Hoth.

I think this is more likely than a "fight the bad guys" plot
I hope this is the direction they go in, if it's interactive at all. With Gringotts already being a "everything goes wrong"/"running away from bad guys" type ride, I think the accompanying MoM should be something a bit more peaceful, unique, and whimsical.

If it is just interacting with the environment I hope we can accidentally break a prophecy leading to a projection map image falling out.

I would die if they make the access road like an alley and tucked back down that alley you'ld find a dark and dingy pub called The Slaughtered Lamb.
I like it, but how about the Winchester. I think it would better fit thematically and it could be out in the open. It seems like a good place to settle in and grab a few pints.

Reactions: Grits0808
I'd think they could also extend to the MIB extended queue area if they need it. That never gets used for MIB overflow anymore.
Not one comment about my theory of 2 attractions being in MoM?

Curious.
With your track record on Universal, which is strong like Teebin's, we should be like the old Merrill Lynch commercial, only change a word, "When Disneyhead talks, people listen".....My money is on Dave.:thumbsup:...Taking bets now. :)

I like it, but how about the Winchester. I think it would better fit thematically and it could be out in the open. It seems like a good place to settle in and grab a few pints.

1335.gif

Regarding the MoM as a set piece in a theme park, I'd personally like the main hall to be an area you can explore. I think Hogsmeade taught them that guests may not want to ride, but they will want to take the photo of the location and visit them, hence why so much of Diagon is places to explore.

So bearing that in mind, I'd like to see it set up like a "pavilion" with a ride area themed to whatever, hydrolator type entry via floo or telephone booth, leading to the main hall, some visuals of the intricate elevator system, maybe gift shop and employee commissary. Maybe the entry to the ride is the department of mystery area and thus the queue is all of the various bits of that which show up in the books (there's a lot of rooms Harry and friends try before finding the prophecy storage.)

But that version would likely have the "good" Ministry as the set piece for the main hall with the magical sentient beings fountain.

So as an alternate, it could start in the "bad" ministry with the muggle oppression fountain - which would logically allow for things like Umbridge's office, and also the courtroom thingy. Then during the ride, as in the film, the main hall gets destroyed as we defeat the villians and watch the epic battle. Then as we've seen in Fantastic Beasts a bunh of skilled aurors can repair a place pretty quickly, so when we disembark we exit via the "good" main hall of the ministry with the magical being fountain instead of the bad one.

Just my thought, no idea what they'll go for - but I do know more recently rather than starting from a point of "what story do we want to tell?" creatives at UC and WDI start from a sort of "vision board" of things research has told them people are expecting to see or have listed as "must see" "must do" as part of an IP. It tells them which locations and characters are important and guests feel are must-haves. So the above sort of fills out my personal must-haves.

I think it's safe to say most people's must-haves list for MoM includes prophecy storage - the subsequent destruction of it - as well as the main hall, and on a smaller set pieces note.. the veil.

If there’s two attractions with the expansion, then I would assume one of them is some sort of Wizard Duel show. It may be Auror Training, similar to the Jedi Academy, which could be fun if they can incorporate practical effects into it to “plus” the magic effects.

It would be better than “Here’s a stick. Now, hit Darth Vader.”

It’s either something like that, or the guests get to serve as Inquisitors and sentence Death Eaters to Azcaban.

3 new potter rides!? They definitely know how to get potter fans to book vacations.