(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, it does appear that the Wizarding World parks can go beyond the films and include places only mentioned in the books. I would assume they could include scenes not depicted in the movie version of the Dept. of Mysteries. That would thrill book fans as it seems their greatest disappointment was film 5.

So, it does appear that the Wizarding World parks can go beyond the films and include places only mentioned in the books. I would assume they could include scenes not depicted in the movie version of the Dept. of Mysteries. That would thrill book fans as it seems their greatest disappointment was film 5.

Didn't AG appear in one of the 'making of' specials saying that the Three Broomsticks was designed for Hogsmeade before they'd done the production design for the film it first featured in? Given that, it wouldn't be a stretch at all for them to make film-aesthetic matching versions of things which never actually made it to screen. Talk about a draw.

Reactions: Nico and Grits0808
So, just a thought, MiB is completely alone as the last remnant of Expo once FFL and Animal Actors go away. What if MiB IS going away killing two birds with one stone, creating more space for MoM as well as for Nintendo to wrap around Simpsons with a second entrance/exit. Honestly I can't believe it would happen since they can't afford to lose so many attractions at once, but stranger things have happened.

Reactions: tankart150
So, just a thought, MiB is completely alone as the last remnant of Expo once FFL and Animal Actors go away. What if MiB IS going away killing two birds with one stone, creating more space for MoM as well as for Nintendo to wrap around Simpsons with a second entrance/exit. Honestly I can't believe it would happen since they can't afford to lose so many attractions at once, but stranger things have happened.

Yeah, like Disney operating a park with only four attractions.

Could it happen? Possibly, but I would think if they were wise; is to open Forbidden Forest, Bourne (as I don't think that Bond is a good IP for that area) and an expansion of VB to get people away from that side of the park if they are to touch MIB.

Yeah, like Disney operating a park with only four attractions.

Could it happen? Possibly, but I would think if they were wise; is to open Forbidden Forest, Bourne (as I don't think that Bond is a good IP for that area) and an expansion of VB to get people away from that side of the park if they are to touch MIB.
Yeah, I don't think Universal could get away with that..They are given less slack than Disney...I mean there is a small war started over Universal using projectors right now...

I would love to just take out all of the subpar stuff and go to town opening the new stuff like yesterday though haha

Yeah, I don't think Universal could get away with that..They are given less slack than Disney...I mean there is a small war started over Universal using projectors right now...

I would love to just take out all of the subpar stuff and go to town opening the new stuff like yesterday though haha

Not to mention that Disney has decent amount more offerings to do at the resort they can pull from. So while DHS can blow- they can still divert people to DAK (via new offerings and hours), Epcot (via festivals) MK (it's MK) and even Disney Springs. The golf courses, resorts, water parks- the list goes on. It has a lot more luxuries and areas it can use to prop up DHS.
Universal doesn't have as much of a luxury- their parks are bursting at the seems as it is currently.
VB expansion will help, FF will help. But stuff like Kong is where they can really shine- new areas altogether. Nothing they do in the near future will be able to compare to soaking up as many people as Nintendo will. Unfortunately (fortunately for Uni)- the crowds will come with it.

They had seen, but not posted this image.
Screen-Shot-2017-03-22-at-10.12.53-AM.png
So would some sort of show take place in the center with live actors. Also, just a crazy thought, what if this patent was coupled with Dynamic Attractions' Dynamic Motion Theater concept? The audience seating gets flipped to face outward instead of inward.

The fact that the puzzle theater was on the Nintendo plans for Zelda makes me doubt it'll get used for Potter. Obviously they wouldn't have been planning on using it twice in the same park. And I'd say its fairly safe to assume that they have been working on MOM plans longer than they were Nintendo. For the theatre to be in MOM it would mean that both the Nintendo and MOM plans changed significantly. Not impossible of course, but I have my doubts.

If the ride is the trial of Fenrir, My dream is that they build 10-12 department of mysteries escape rooms in the complex.

I know the logistics might be impossible. You'd have to have different difficulty settings with rooms for kids to do and some for adults. Maybe reservations. Start with a few and leave space to add more if they are popular, or convert those to walk throughs if they aren't. But Ideally the puzzles could be set off by your purchased wand.

Worst case scenario, they could just throw some in the hotel ;)

The fact that the puzzle theater was on the Nintendo plans for Zelda makes me doubt it'll get used for Potter. Obviously they wouldn't have been planning on using it twice in the same park. And I'd say its fairly safe to assume that they have been working on MOM plans longer than they were Nintendo. For the theatre to be in MOM it would mean that both the Nintendo and MOM plans changed significantly. Not impossible of course, but I have my doubts.

Didn't DisneyHead directly say that the Puzzle Theater isn't being used for Zelda anymore? I thought he said that.

To be honest, if it is the court-room; that makes sense. The only few questions I would have would be on canon but that I am interested to see if this pans out to be that nevertheless.

If it's the Puzzle Theater (which I doubt), I'd imagine it'll be a Poseidon's Fury like attraction. We'll be on a tour of the Ministry. Go through a few show rooms with effects before sitting down for a "lecture" or something from an Auror. Then Death Eaters will attack and the Puzzle Theater will be the battle.

But I really don't think it'll be the theater.

Reactions: alias8703
Didn't DisneyHead directly say that the Puzzle Theater isn't being used for Zelda anymore? I thought he said that.

Hence the past tense used in my post and discussion about how both plans would have had to have changed.

Watched the movies suggested to me yesterday and having watched I really want nothing more than a classic dark ride through the MoM.

The scenes could be so good that a simple slow moving omnimiver style RV would be just perfect to take it all in. Other than ET uni really doesn't have anything like it.

Can't figure out what to theme the RVs too though, nothing obvious jumped out from the films.

Please uni, save the puzzle theatre thingy for zelda.