Grand Avenue & Muppet Courtyard | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Grand Avenue & Muppet Courtyard

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So... are you going to try and recreate it, given that most elements are there already?

Talking about adding the trolley, I was asking earlier about how the façade on Grand Avenue continues around that sharp right turn. That would be a perfect spot for the trolley to park/be housed on its run from there to TOT. They could even do a trackless trolley given that they are a tripping hazard and costly installation. Just the kinetics of a trolley through there would be awesome.

I’d say it’s a definite maybe. The original is a big help. It really comes down to how bored I am and how much demand I think there is.

Currently at a wedding so expect some drunken posts later on when I’m trying to find my room.

I like the look and location of the Baseline Taphouse- the outdoor seating looks great as well. What I'm curious about is the black walls- are those just covering up landscaping and planning to come down in the next couple days?

Reactions: Joel
I like the look and location of the Baseline Taphouse- the outdoor seating looks great as well. What I'm curious about is the black walls- are those just covering up landscaping and planning to come down in the next couple days?
Do you mean on the left? Yes, still work to be done in those places. The brick wall against Grand Park (muppet area) is still being finished, plus landscape work.

Reactions: Andysol
Do you mean on the left? Yes, still work to be done in those places. The brick wall against Grand Park (muppet area) is still being finished, plus landscape work.

Maybe they should, I don't know... wait a week for it to be done before they open it? :D

The fence around that fountain is absolutely hideous with that bright green color- I haven't seen pics of it in a while- but what an eyesore.

Reactions: Jon84
Fountain is coming back. Was temporarily a planter while plumbing was turned off for construction...

Whether or not Fozzie comes back to the fountain is unknown though.

Maybe they should, I don't know... wait a week for it to be done before they open it? :D

The fence around that fountain is absolutely hideous with that bright green color- I haven't seen pics of it in a while- but what an eyesore.

OK- so I'll answer my own question- which is obvious.
The fencing that is blocked off (the black fence) is where the old pathway used to be- so they obviously couldn't open it all up at once without closing down Muppets as it's a dead end and only one way in/out. So they fenced that off to redo it and make it blend with the rest of Grand Ave. All good!

As for the fountain, that fence around it seems new- so I would assume they are putting it back to the fountain currently. I'd wager that in 2 weeks, all the fences are down, and the area looks really solid and more open than before w/ SOA- maybe even with a working fountain.

Still a dead end- which won't be resolved for over 2 years- but a pretty dead end nonetheless.

Reactions: Joel and Alicia
OK- so I'll answer my own question- which is obvious.
The fencing that is blocked off (the black fence) is where the old pathway used to be- so they obviously couldn't open it all up at once without closing down Muppets as it's a dead end and only one way in/out. So they fenced that off to redo it and make it blend with the rest of Grand Ave. All good!

As for the fountain, that fence around it seems new- so I would assume they are putting it back to the fountain currently. I'd wager that in 2 weeks, all the fences are down, and the area looks really solid and more open than before w/ SOA- maybe even with a working fountain.

Still a dead end- which won't be resolved for over 2 years- but a pretty dead end nonetheless.
I think the short fence around the fountain has already been there about a week... so hopefully should be finished soon.

Reactions: Joel and Andysol
What is that beyond the new service gate that looks like an old Spanish mission? Is that part of the old Star Wars?

This?
grand-avenue-09292017-4.jpg

Thats Tattoine traders

It's a little generic for my tastes, but it looks nice! Really gives a USF NY vibe. Is there going to be some park space included with this? I'm really hoping that with the right lighting package, they can go for an American Waterfront @ DisneySea vibe. That land was my absolute favorite at DisneySea.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
It looks like they made an more ornate and "whimsical" version of the Starbucks.

Oh look, SoS theme-ing. (That's Shiz on Shelves for the uninitiated. "Laziest form of theme application.")

Offerings seem decent, and I like the low-key lightly themed atmosphere of the place.

baseline-tap-house-review-09292017-11.jpg
baseline-tap-house-review-09292017-3.jpg
baseline-tap-house-review-09292017-8.jpg

The fake backstory that it's the old Figueroa Printing Company that printed things for Disney Studios in Burbank is kinda clever, and explains the Disney things hanging in the establishment.

baseline-tap-house-09292017-18.jpg
baseline-tap-house-09292017-8.jpg
baseline-tap-house-09292017-20.jpg

Definitely seems like a step up from the unfinished half-baked studio set concept that was Buy the Book / Writer's Stop.

Reactions: Joel
You mean a "clever" way for the DL fantards within WDI to spooge DLR propoganda all over WDW?

I don't see no EPCOT Center stuff in DCA...
The land is supposed to be themed around Los Angeles. Disneyland stuff would make a lot of sense.

It's ridiculously hipster, but I can see the appeal. Especially if I lived in a place without a bunch of hipster bars around.