(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just because it is loved doesn't mean Universal wont take it away if they need the room for other things, it will suck of course but it is what it is in this day and age of Theme Parks.

Well, attractions are measured in that sense for how they spur visits and their relation to intent to return.

What gets "fan favorites" killed off is that the fans refuse to participate in research.

"Oh, I've done it before..."

That's not how park research works. Each attempt to study you sees you as a unique park guest - which comparing today to last Thursday, you are. So over time as the "fans" say they've done it before they self eliminate until just the once in a lifetime folks are left who can just see MIB as a shooter they don't get from a film they never saw.

Just because it is loved doesn't mean Universal wont take it away if they need the room for other things, it will suck of course but it is what it is in this day and age of Theme Parks.

Yeah. Jaws, King, and BTTF were all loved too. Just assume every ride you love will eventually close or be significantly changed and you will live a happier life

Reactions: alomar
That rule works with relationships too
giphy.gif

This is bs
How can these people be executives when they don't know that fan/repeat visitors gives you more money?!
It's like algebra, $16 vs $16x
Which is more?

This is bs
How can these people be executives when they don't know that fan/repeat visitors gives you more money?!
It's like algebra, $16 vs $16x
Which is more?
I love MIB, but I think you are highly exaggerating it’s effect on visits all based on no signs it’s going anywhere soon.

Reactions: tankart150
To be honest Disney gets away with a simple Wii game and a simple omnimover shooter at cardboard cutouts. Why should Uni invest in upkeep of an expentive AA filled ride with a complex ride system when guests can get their game on at Super Mario World in a few years? Bulldoze the thing! :p;)

Jaws made way for Diagon Alley and as much as I loved Jaws, it made sense and when you look at it it makes even more sense. Universal knows what they are doing if they get rid of MIB, as many have reiterated. Would rather have a good memory of a ride than it fall in to disrepair and suck.

Reactions: Joel and Andysol
To be honest Disney gets away with a simple Wii game and a simple omnimover shooter at cardboard cutouts. Why should Uni invest in upkeep of an expentive AA filled ride with a complex ride system when guests can get their game on at Super Mario World in a few years? Bulldoze the thing! :p;)
I really don't want it replaced by more Harry Potter nonsense
With nostalgia fueling capitalism at the moment, there is hope that Uni will not take a wrong turn...
Plus they can perform a restoration on MIB. They should've done it in 2012!

With nostalgia fueling capitalism at the moment, there is hope that Uni will not take a wrong turn...
It won't, it probably is gonna be more Fast and the Furious nonsense, I'm sure you love that. ;)

The way I see it is that Potter’s popularity is going to start to deminish soon. The last movie came out over 6 years ago and I’m viewing Fantastic Beasts as it’s own separate thing so I see this as the last big hurrah before the popularity of Fantastic Beasts is tested.

They’re going all out and even though I’m not a big fan of Potter, I’m happy they’re doing it now than 10 years from now. Universal know that they’re going to make a fortune from this expansion and bring in a lot of fans.

If you don’t like Potter, that’s fine. You can still enjoy the rides and have fun with them but if you really hate Potter, you still have to appreciate that this expansion is going to money roll the next decade in the resort which will no doubt finance attractions that you might be interested in.

Reactions: Grits0808 and fryoj