Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 114 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yea. Totally like living in a video game you're playing, but as high quality as a Hollywood movie.

Indeed.

To be honest, the Falcon excites me more than I ever have had for this land, due to the fact that it seems like it will be the next evolution of a simulator, giving you the sense of control and power to make choices.

How long would the ride be though? Could the interactivity mess up wait times?
Ride length will always be the same. There are four load stations. And a turntable ensures one cab is ALWAYS loading at all stations at any given time. So the line should always be moving. Slowly, given only 6 per cab. But moving nonetheless.

(It is 6 right?)

How do you people know all this? Was it announced? Will riders be looking out front windows or side windows? What is the concept... I don’t get it.

People sometimes can have knowledge of things, Teebs.

As for the concept; and perhaps it's just me, but this seems awfully similar to this.

universal-patent-harry-potter-floo-powder.jpg

There was also a permit of an Omnimover system that seemed to be on a complete circular track; and that was by Disney altogether. Can't remember where it may be though, but Disney Newscast brought it up in one of their videos to be used for the Falcon attraction.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Here's the patent for the turntable. However, this says nothing about the actual ride vehicle tech, only ways in which they can be loaded and unloaded. Also, it covers several possibilities, but since the MF ride will be like mini simulators, there'll be a lot less of them per turntable, which is far different than the sample images in the patent, (which make it look more like a classic omnimover. )

Patent US20130059670 - Omnitable ride system - Google Patents

IMG_3312.PNG