HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 175 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can anyone confirm how it works for AP holders to use their free tickets for HHN? Like, if I come early in the day to go around the park do I get early entry to HHN or do i have to leave the park and come back in with everyone else? And also if anyone knows if its possible to add a FOL pass to my free ticket?

Thanks all!

The means obviously don't justify the end result, but I'm glad it's gone, too.
I always feel weird about gun violence at Haunts and in horror movies.
Nonetheless, the ending just didn't fit and is a crappy finale to that maze in any shape or form.
It was also crappy when it was at the end of the Purge scarezone I think 2 years back.

This is what I can't stand about Universal now. Their strategy is to make the experience more unpleasant for guests to squeeze every penny. Instead of relieving crowds by opening Potter, make them pay for those Day/night combo tix! Instead of adding Wednesdays to spread out crowds, bunch them up to only peak nights to make us look popular! Instead of going for quality over quantity, let's add another maze and put black walls everywhere! No one will care!

It's really frustrating that they have crowd control solutions right there at their fingertips when they could very easily add more nights and open Potter and let people buy all of the FoL online only. They would actually be more successful but are only blinded by short term solutions. If guests are happier, guests will spend more money. It's that simple.

Potter not being open is 100% a logistics thing. The ride cannot be open for that long. If they keep it open for HHN every night of the event, the attraction would not be ready to be open with the park the next morning. It's like when Disney does 24 hour days and certain attractions like Radiator Springs Racers closes way before the park does, because it needs time to rest.

Also, USH really wanted to do the Death Eater thing Japan does and WB shot that down almost immediately. They were not happy about Japan doing it.

Potter not being open is 100% a logistics thing. The ride cannot be open for that long. If they keep it open for HHN every night of the event, the attraction would not be ready to be open with the park the next morning. It's like when Disney does 24 hour days and certain attractions like Radiator Springs Racers closes way before the park does, because it needs time to rest.

Also, USH really wanted to do the Death Eater thing Japan does and WB shot that down almost immediately. They were not happy about Japan doing it.

I find it funny though, that Osaka is being allowed to continue the Dementor show though.

If I was Universal, I would bring Potter to HHN next year with the Dementor Show from Osaka to the states. That would allow people to have a perk for waiting until they go to HHN to see Potter, as it would have more to offer.

I find it funny though, that Osaka is being allowed to continue the Dementor show though.

If I was Universal, I would bring Potter to HHN next year with the Dementor Show from Osaka to the states. That would allow people to have a perk for waiting until they go to HHN to see Potter, as it would have more to offer.

Probably because it's in Japan and Universal/WB don't have full control over the park since a Japanese company would need to own a controlling portion of the park, so WB might not get to tell them no.

And like I said, Universal tried, and WB gave it a very hard no, and they have final say. And that doesn't change the fact that it would affect the ride's availability for park guests the next day.

That's what I'm afraid of, TBH.. that could lead to budget cuts for 2018..
My same source who confirmed this year's lineup and told me HoB's lineup also told me that this year's budget did get cut because of a clerical error last year that caused them to go $1 million over budget.

They said that they're also already planning to go very big next year (including with the budget) and are planning some form of interactive element (I feel like I've said this before, but eh, whatever).

I'm finally going to this year's event this weekend and I really hope I at least like it enough to want to do everything multiple times. I'm sure I'll like it fine, though. As for whether or not I'll love it, who knows.

Probably because it's in Japan and Universal/WB don't have full control over the park since a Japanese company would need to own a controlling portion of the park, so WB might not get to tell them no.

And like I said, Universal tried, and WB gave it a very hard no, and they have final say. And that doesn't change the fact that it would affect the ride's availability for park guests the next day.
Universal owns 100% of USJ. They purchased 51% in 2015 and the rest either last year or this year.

My same source who confirmed this year's lineup and told me HoB's lineup also told me that this year's budget did get cut because of a clerical error last year that caused them to go $1 million over budget.

They said that they're also already planning to go very big next year (including with the budget) and are planning some form of interactive element (I feel like I've said this before, but eh, whatever).

I'm finally going to this year's event this weekend and I really hope I at least like it enough to want to do everything multiple times. I'm sure I'll like it fine, though. As for whether or not I'll love it, who knows.

That could easily explain why everything was so overblown and elaborate last year (including the facades) and why everything seems so scaled back this year, including the abundance of black walls whereas last year was overflowing with detailed sets and theming out the wazoo..

At the event right now, come say hi if you see me! Red and black flannel, HHN 2016 event shirt and lanyard. Most likely be vlogging

So far I’ve done Saw, AHS, and Ash vs. Evil Dead. Saw has been my favorite so far. Really good scares in there, followed by AHS. I don’t wanna talk about Ash. It was so bad. Worst maze since This is The End.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
Rankings for everything. Full review sometime soon. Probably on my bus ride home tomorrow but...
1. The Shining
2. Titans of Terror
3. Insidious
4. Saw
5. American Horror Story: Roanoke
6. The Horrors of Blumhouse
7. Ash vs. Evil Dead

I’m probably a little biased for Saw because it was my first maze of the night but the cast in there was on fire and I got ALOT of scares. And I never got to see the first iterations of Saw at the event. I didn’t think it was great but I definitely had a better experience there than Ash and AHS and Blumhouse. Blumhouse was the worst experience of the night though. We stood still for a solid two minutes in the Sinister church which really took me out of it

I have heard a report or two that the cast has gotten better in Saw, which probably helps it out a lot, because that was a very weak maze opening weekend. Blumhouse, I don't care what they do with it, it's awful!!!

Reactions: HorrorNightsFan13
Tonight was sold out so the wait times were higher than I’ve been observing in weeks past but that didn’t stop me. Hit everything before midnight and repeated Insidious and The Shining. Tried to hit Saw again, didn’t work. Finally got to see Urban Inferno and Toxic Tunnel though. Tried to repeat Titans but they closed it at 1:30 which is a little upsetting but I’ll hopefully be back closing night!

I have heard a report or two that the cast has gotten better in Saw, which probably helps it out a lot, because that was a very weak maze opening weekend. Blumhouse, I don't care what they do with it, it's awful!!!
The cast was on fire for Saw! I didn’t expect much from that maze as it was nowhere near my most anticipated but I was pleasantly surprised. Although tonight was sold out I still love going this time in the run because the casts have finally gotten their grooves