Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

I was there in 96, the summer it opened and I didn't know this even existed.

I remember going in summer one time. Might have been 96 or 97 or 98. We had to wait outside for it. It was hot and awful. My parents said never again to a summer trip.

I remember hearing La Bamba on loop a lot while waiting too.

I remember going in summer one time. Might have been 96 or 97 or 98. We had to wait outside for it. It was hot and awful. My parents said never again to a summer trip.

I remember hearing La Bamba on loop a lot while waiting too.

That song takes me back to mid 90s Orlando. This would also be on that playlist:

I'm fairly certain I've spent some time in that exterior queue.

I've 100% spent time in the interior queue and seen the videos of surveillance that mix live shots of the queue with prerecorded bits - like someone getting zapped for trying to open one of those fake doors.

I would have loved Tokyo to replace San Francisco because it'd give the park some nice variety while still being cohesive. You'd have Hollywood and Production Central, which make okay sense in Universal Studios, plus three of the world's biggest cities with New York, Tokyo, and London, and then Springfield which is a satiric take on middle American cities. Not that San Francisco breaks this, but it's just another American city. Tokyo would stick to this general theme while giving some variety in architecture, dining, shopping, etc. Besides that, World Expo and KidZone are the only ones that stick out, and those are likely not long for this world anyway. (Although KidZone is being replaced by SNW... a part of me still feels like it stands out like a sore thumb in USF. I give it a pass because they don't have much space, although part of me still wouldn't mind if it's in Park 3 just because of cohesiveness. But that's an aside for another thread.)
I still hope they put a Tokyo front up to hide Nintendo Land just like the London facade hides Potter. It would make for a fun set area fitting in the park and not a bloody pink castle or something sticking out like a sour tumb.

I still hope they put a Tokyo front up to hide Nintendo Land just like the London facade hides Potter. It would make for a fun set area fitting in the park and not a bloody pink castle or something sticking out like a sour tumb.
The castle should be facing the inside of the land. Outside will look like a wall with a warp pipe to enter.

Nintendo is 3rd park.