Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Star Trek wouldn't be a terrible choice for an MIB replacement. Not sure how they would theme it, though.

If they base it off of the reboot trilogy, it could be a Sci Fi City with Star Trek on one side and Metroid to the other side (I don't expect it to have a presnce as anything major, and that it could easily connect to Super Nintendo World).

If they base it off of the reboot trilogy, it could be a Sci Fi City with Star Trek on one side and Metroid to the other side (I don't expect it to have a presnce as anything major, and that it could easily connect to Super Nintendo World).
A small presence for Star Fox and F-Zero wouldn't hurt if that's what they wanted to do.

Going to go out on a limb and say we will never see F-zero at Universal. Really don't think Nintendo or Universal use much more outside of the main properties going in first, Zelda, Kirby, Luigi's mansion, and Pokémon.

Unless if F-Zero gets a new game, I doubt that will happen. As for SF, I think the new game from the last gen cemented that we may not see another Star Fox adventure for a while.
Yup. Good thing I'm not really a fan of those games. Though if they were doing a Sci-Fi City and including Metroid I think a photo-op with Captain Falcon and his car would be sufficient. He is very well known due to Smash Bros. after all.

A Sci-Fi City re-imagining could be interesting.
- Star Trek interactive dark ride
- Pacific Rim screeeeeenz attraction?
- Metroid Alien Encounter spiritual successor

Yes. I was wrong.

Will it still be SNW related, or is that where your Star Trek comment comes in?

In theory, they could actually keep MIB there as it is, and incorporate it into the land without even having to get rid of it. Would you need to make some scenic changes? Yes, but Shrek in Hollywood got scenic changes when Hogsmeade was in construction.

To me, I see this as an example..

In theory, they could actually keep MIB there as it is, and incorporate it into the land without even having to get rid of it. Would you need to make some scenic changes? Yes, but Shrek in Hollywood got scenic changes when Hogsmeade was in construction.
That's a good point, but knowing Comcast they'd want to just start from the ground up with a more relevant/timeless IP like Star Trek. The ride could use an update anyway IMO, and UC may just feel like restarting instead of a major refurb.

Metroid replaces MIB with brand new AAs by Creature Technology :love:

super_metroid__final_boss_sd_by_billysan291-d2zf35e.jpg

LET ME DREAM MY POINTLESS DREAM!!! :cry:

I mean, yeah. That'd be amazing. But something about the idea of next-gen Alien Encounter with a Metroid theme excites to me even more. Scenario: the Federation is recruiting scientists to help out on tests on a captured Metroid. We strap into our "observation seats" or something and watch a Metroid animatronic in the center of the theater... until there's some sort of security breach. The Metroid breaks out of its cell and we even see it latch on to one of the seats in the back of the theater. Soon, all hell breaks loose as Ridley breaks into room, hunting the Metroid. While he's there, he's about to kill us too. Everything's scary, dark, etc. just like alien encounter, until an actress playing Samus Aran bursts in at the end and saves us.

I mean, yeah. That'd be amazing. But something about the idea of next-gen Alien Encounter with a Metroid theme excites to me even more. Scenario: the Federation is recruiting scientists to help out on tests on a captured Metroid. We strap into our "observation seats" or something and watch a Metroid animatronic in the center of the theater... until there's some sort of security breach. The Metroid breaks out of its cell and we even see it latch on to one of the seats in the back of the theater. Soon, all hell breaks loose as Ridley breaks into room, hunting the Metroid. While he's there, he's about to kill us too. Everything's scary, dark, etc. just like alien encounter, until an actress playing Samus Aran bursts in at the end and saves us.
The Metroid wouldn't have to break out at all. Ridley breaking in is already going to make people piss themselves.

Basically, the opening of Super Metroid but there's survivors on the research station (us).

The Metroid wouldn't have to break out at all. Ridley breaking in is already going to make people piss themselves.

Basically, the opening of Super Metroid but there's survivors on the research station (us).
Yep, pretty much. It wouldn't even need to be a huge or high-budget attraction. All we need is one Metroid animatronic and one Ridley animatronic. Metroid may be extremely niche to the general public but I think some sort of smaller implementation like this would work well.

Yep, pretty much. It wouldn't even need to be a huge or high-budget attraction. All we need is one Metroid animatronic and one Ridley animatronic. Metroid may be extremely niche to the general public but I think some sort of smaller implementation like this would work well.

As I recall, Disney still owns the theme parks rights to the Alien franchise, even though it has gotten rid of the Great Movie Ride and Alien: Encounter. I don't know why Disney isn't doing anything about it and they haven't used it properly for years.

As I recall, Disney still owns the theme parks rights to the Alien franchise, even though it has gotten rid of the Great Movie Ride and Alien: Encounter. I don't know why Disney isn't doing anything about it and they haven't used it properly for years.
That's Ripley.

Ridley is the Dragon in the picture I posted above.

The bigger ride could still work as "omg, lets go on the ride with all those huge aliens/monsters we can shoot!!!"

But I digress. Metroid ain't gettin' :poop:...

...EXCEPT FOR METROID PRIME 4 ON THE SWITCH BABEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!!!!! :whoo: