Avengers Campus (DCA) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers Campus (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Last I heard, Universal was working on replacing the cables with a Kula arm on the Iron Legion rs.

Looks like we may truly have a "Theme Park Wars: MARVEL Ed."

Ok, you each have a MARVEL Superhero, a track on the ceiling, and a bazillion $$$$. Go.
Now this is gonna be fun. :popcorn:

Good comparison in terms of sets. I love the idea of the inverted buildings. Similar effect to the busts in HM but on a ridiculous scale. That also will make it feel like you're getting a lot closer to the buildings than you really are.

View attachment 5546
This ride sounds amazing as well as those effects. Could this possibly top Universal’s Spider-Man Ride? They would have a lot to live up to.

I think this is more of a dark ride and not a coaster. If it is a coaster, then it would be a pretty short one.
If i'm not mistaken, the Cap/Avengers ride will still be a coaster. But damn, Spider-Man, Avengers and GOTG:MB. Marvel Land is looking pretty sweet.
Do we know what kind of coaster Cap will be? Is it going to be flying akin to WDW’s Guardians coaster? Or just a basic launch coaster like Rockin’?
Last I heard, Universal was working on replacing the cables with a Kula arm on the Iron Legion rs.

Looks like we may truly have a "Theme Park Wars: MARVEL Ed."

Ok, you each have a MARVEL Superhero, a track on the ceiling, and a bazillion $$$$. Go.
Iron Leigon? Haven’t heard about this? Sorry about the confusion, I just don’t keep up with the Orlando forums so much.

Sorry I sound like a total GP right now, but this is so confusing. Guardians is going to be a coaster but Spider-Man apparently won’t be?

So Guardians will use this system as a coaster but Spiderman will be more like a dark ride? Or maybe Guardians never was going to be a legit coaster?

Sorry I sound like a total GP right now, but this is so confusing. Guardians is going to be a coaster but Spider-Man apparently won’t be?

So Guardians will use this system as a coaster but Spiderman will be more like a dark ride? Or maybe Guardians never was going to be a legit coaster?
Guardians is a legit coaster. It is not using the same ride system as Spider-man in DCA.

Reactions: alias8703
Now I am confused. It seemed like a lot of sites were saying that both GOTG and SM would be getting the swing ride. So which theme is the recently patented ride system going to? Spider-Man would make the most sense.

Over on the GoTG for Epcot thread, it's pretty well discussed that Guardians is a launch coaster. (Apparently there are those who have seen the layout) If any site is saying GoTG is the swing ride, I have no idea why any of them are drawing to that conclusion.

Cap is rumored to be a reskin of Tron

So Spiderman might be the only original attraction in the land?

Reactions: alias8703
I bet they build that Spider-Man ride right next to the X-Wing vs Tie Fighter ride that they patented too.

*cough*

Patents are patents. At the time nobody knew there would be a Star Wars land. Nobody had any reason to suspect it. When it was submitted it was years before Disney bought LucasFilm and simultaneously Lucas was saying he'd never sell the brand and that there would never be an Ep. 7 (8 or 9). There were also a half dozen other patents designed and submitted by the same people around that time (probably blue-sky plans for Shanghai).

We at least have an official confirmation of a Spider-Man attraction coming to DCA, and this ride system (in addition to being mentioned in the patent as a possible use for a Spider-Man themed ride) just happens to fit the character perfectly.

Last edited: