So when will the Kid Zone closures begin? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

So when will the Kid Zone closures begin?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
New episodes of Barney, aka a revival, were rumored to start either very late this year or next year (May be Netflix only) The Barney show at the park is actually s a really good show for toddlers and the backyard playground is pretty awesome for the really young, it's possible Kidzone (Excluding Barney) closes after HHN, which would close later, or a temporary show.

The whole question is what will they offer little kids to do in the studios in the interim while Kid zone is mostly down is still pretty unanswered. The whole reason Kidzone got added in the first place is that Uni was slammed for not having anything for little kids to go to the first few years. Either a temp playground somewhere or a temp show, or something has to happen. just for the capacity (The little tykes have to go somewhere while everyone else is playing with the big rides) IOA's Camp Jurassic/Olive/Suess is awesome, Kidzone is it at studios (Except for Kodos), it needs something else, even if temporary.

My guess the back half of KidZone, excluding Barney/ET/Animal Actors, will close first. Ie. Fivel, Curious George and the Nuthouse Coaster.

Last edited:
New episodes of Barney, aka a revival, were rumored to start either very late this year or next year (May be Netflix only) The Barney show at the park is actually s a really good show for toddlers and the backyard playground is pretty awesome for the really young, it's possible Kidzone (Excluding Barney) closes after HHN, which would close later, or a temporary show.

The whole question is what will they offer little kids to do in the studios in the interim while Kid zone is mostly down is still pretty unanswered. The whole reason Kidzone got added in the first place is that Uni was slammed for not having anything for little kids to go to the first few years. Either a temp playground somewhere or a temp show, or something has to happen. just for the capacity (The little tykes have to go somewhere while everyone else is playing with the big rides) IOA's Camp Jurassic/Olive/Suess is awesome, Kidzone is it at studios (Except for Kodos), it needs something else, even if temporary.

My guess the back half of KidZone, excluding Barney/ET/Animal Actors, will close first. Ie. Fivel, Curious George and the Nuthouse Coaster.
A revival is probably going to happen some day...If I were Universal, I'd hold the rights for a bit...I mean, Magic Schoolbus is getting another go..

Reactions: tankart150
I would say, put a mini carousel where the current HHN stage is and a mini choo-choo train ride over on the New York waterfront. Finally rip up an area of Central Park and install a little fun park jungle-gym playground. All done. Please send check to Teebin for his nifty idea.

:saywhat:
I've said before that I wouldn't mind if they relocated Woody's Nuthouse Coaster to Central Park. It's a fun little ride and adds some energy to the middle if the park seen from the other side.

Heh guys. Quit messing with Central Park.:angry::rant:Don't give UC any ideas. It's nice to have a relaxing getaway in the center of the park.
It's kinda just the walkway linking two designated smoking areas nowadays, but yea I do like the quietness and relaxing background music.

I would say, put a mini carousel where the current HHN stage is and a mini choo-choo train ride over on the New York waterfront. Finally rip up an area of Central Park and install a little fun park jungle-gym playground. All done. Please send check to Teebin for his nifty idea.

:saywhat:
You mean like the ones they used to have in CityWalk?
DSCF6879.jpg

DSCF6878.jpg

Less attractions for Toddlers = Less Toddlers = Way less double strollers = Healthy shins.....Yaa :clap:....;)
Nah, just means there will be nowhere for the strollers to go, the parents will get stressed out and they'll end up bringing their kids into the bars so they can drink their sorrows away. ;)

Reactions: Mad Dog
Yep, exactly like that. It might seem tacky to some,but it would only be temporary. Parents will scoff and yet kids will love it.
Never fails. When my nieces come to visit we take them to Disney, Universal, BGT & SWO and they seem to enjoy SWO & BGT more than the other parks simply because sometimes they just want to ride a ride. That's why the longest waits at Disney are often for all those spinners. Kids like rides that go around in circles like that where they can see what they're getting.

Reactions: Andysol
*Quarterly attendance and profits rise again*

Might as well bring this up now: talking to my Uber driver on my way back to the airport, he asks me what my favorite is, Disney or Universal.

I say I like both, he responds, "Oh really? Most people I take say Universal now. They just say they have more to do and new things."

Granted, that's just a stray Uber driver comment but it does raise an interesting point: we're at a time where Disney is current trying to get its crap back together, and Universal is still on the rise. For many who have never been, there's a heck of a lot to do as they haven't ridden it dozens of times like at Disney. This may all soon change or balance out, of course.

So..

If you were to.. ya know.. split the land down the middle and choose which side to rework first..

That would let you close Fievel, Nuthouse, and George.. while Animal Actors and Barney stay open for a few more months to help with crowds.

Reactions: Mr. EPCOT
So..

If you were to.. ya know.. split the land down the middle and choose which side to rework first..

That would let you close Fievel, Nuthouse, and George.. while Animal Actors and Barney stay open for a few more months to help with crowds.
I think you're right. Animal Actors will likely be very last no matter what order they decide to close the others.