Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

So the expectation now is that the focus of the show might be moving away from Universal's classic films overall and towards the franchises represented in the park today? I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of that idea, but I guess we'll have to see what they come up with.

Personally I don’t know why they bother with this at all. They might as well close at 8 PM and call it a day.
Lol- right?
Not expanding the viewing area at Hogwarts by moving (and rebuilding) hippogriff and using a portion of the DC expansion pad and having a castle projection show there is a pretty glaring mistake.
In my heart, I'm hoping UC asked, but JK declined it. But in my head, I know it's just another blunder by UOR.

I guess because of all of the additions coming.
Or, because of all the subtractions coming before the additions come online.

Which leads me to- any guesses on timeline here? It's gotta be just a few months, or even weeks if it's minor, right?
Although for posterity's-sake, 2019 would be hilarious. Just add it to the pile.

Lol- right?
Not expanding the viewing area at Hogwarts by moving (and rebuilding) hippogriff and using a portion of the DC expansion pad and having a castle projection show there is a pretty glaring mistake.
In my heart, I'm hoping UC asked, but JK declined it. But in my head, I know it's just another blunder by UOR.

IoA has done just fine without a nighttime show for near 20 years. Not sure it's a blunder to build the best possible ride you can.
Although for posterity's-sake, 2019 would be hilarious. Just add it to the pile.

CineSpec played for like 30 nights a year (hyperbole). No one's gonna miss something that barely played as is.

I think this is the one real Disney icon they've yet to crack. They've caught up or surpassed with attractions, lands, food offerings, hotels. Etc, etc. But entertainment, specially a dedicated nighttime show, is something they've never quite got right.

I'm totally on team #NoPyro myself too. Stick to what you can do well.

Personally I don’t know why they bother with this at all. They might as well close at 8 PM and call it a day.
I thought this too slightly. Universal is so Action packed unlike Disney, If I do stay the whole day , I'm not interested in a show especially with not so good viewing areas! Universal wares me down and im only 26 (For a few more days anyway haha).

I saw low lying pyro like in Epectric Ocean could work well, but the show can’t depend on it. The pyro should be in addition to and not supporting the show. As long as UOR beats Ignite, I’ll be happy.

IoA has done just fine without a nighttime show for near 20 years. Not sure it's a blunder to build the best possible ride you can.

Do you just reply to me to be a contrarian to whatever I post? If so, it's annoying and beyond childish.

Neato about IoA doing fine without a nighttime show for near 20 years.
-IoA has done just fine without a new potter coaster for near 20 years.
-IoA has done just fine without a new Kong ride for near 20 years.
Both statements are as asinine as yours.

Come talk to me again when the new Potter Coaster and FF take up the entirety of the 8+ acres that was the DC plot.
Oh- it's not going to? Then there's room for something else while still being able to "build the best possible ride" they can.

Do you just reply to me to be a contrarian to whatever I post? If so, it's annoying and beyond childish.

Neato about IoA doing fine without a nighttime show for 20 years.
-IoA has done just fine without a new potter coaster for 20 years.
-IoA has done just fine without a new Kong ride for 20 years.
Both statements are as asinine as yours.

Come talk to me again when the new Potter Coaster and FF take up the entirety of the 8+ acres that was the DC plot.
Oh- it's not going to? Then there's room for something else while still being able to "build the best possible ride" they can.

No, I just have a different opinion than you do. You're the one that constantly gets your panties in a wad about it.

If anyone brought up "Hey, let's move a ride we already have built for no reason other than to open up viewing for a show that's a few minutes long" in a meeting they would be laughed out of a room. Not to mention Dragon Challenge's area has an elevated portion that could be used for a viewing platform with a simple change of landscaping.

IoA has a lagoon and viewing areas already set up along that lagoon. If they want a nighttime show they can have one there too.

:saywhat: But why would they? IoA has done just fine without a nighttime show for near 20 years.
It has indeed, and it's clear they're in no rush to put a nighttime show there. I'm not the one saying not spending money to rebuild a roller coaster 20 yards to the left is a "blunder" though.