Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

I think a nighttime show would be better at IOA. It has better viewing and everyone around the lagoon is looking at the same thing. You wouldn't have to have multiple screens, balloons or whatever they project images on.
I agree with you. I was being sarcastic ;)

Also- we're about the see one of the biggest Cluster Fs of people in Hogsmeade in one month and 8 days. People will be clamoring and wishing there was more room, for sure.

Well, this is certainly out of nowhere. I'm not sure what to expect. Utilizing properties that have attractions is a smart idea but I just hope it isn't like a twenty minute long UOR converted into a nighttime show. (like how CineSpec is basically the ending scene of GMR converted into a nighttime show) My personal guess for how it'd flow would be:

- Starts with a silly, family friendly section that features Minions, Pets, Seuss, SpongeBob, and Simpsons. (I'd say DreamWorks too, but it's going to have very little park prescience once Shrek 4D closes so who knows.) Projection mapping of the Minions running around the Studios, wacky music playing, etc.
- A more adventurous section that features Transformers, Mummy, F&F, Kong, and Jurassic Park/World. Uses lots of pyro, lasers, and film score.
- Obligatory Harry Potter section. I imagine it'd be similar to the summer nighttime show that USH had but this time as just a section of a larger show.
- End off on the iconic E.T. theme and a couple of references to legacy Universal franchises such as BTTF and Jaws.

Also, they better leave in some space so they can slot in a Nintendo section in a few years.

Well, this is certainly out of nowhere. I'm not sure what to expect. Utilizing properties that have attractions is a smart idea but I just hope it isn't like a twenty minute long UOR converted into a nighttime show.

This might as well be a 2.5 min teaser for their new video :D

Universal Studios is always going to have a tough time producing a show, just based on the way the park is shaped. The lagoon isn't big enough to compete with the Disney shows, nor will they ever have the airspace to shoot off high-altitude pyro. If I were them, I'd move my daily nighttime show over to Islands and keep the Studios as the event park (concerts, HHN, Mardi Gras, Christmas). This would provide balance to both parks and give each its own core function.

My Island nighttime show would use fountains, fire, and some low altitude pyro to retell the story of how the Islands were discovered/created btw.

Universal Studios is always going to have a tough time producing a show, just based on the way the park is shaped. The lagoon isn't big enough to compete with the Disney shows, nor will they ever have the airspace to shoot off high-altitude pyro. If I were them, I'd move my daily nighttime show over to Islands and keep the Studios as the event park (concerts, HHN, Mardi Gras, Christmas). This would provide balance to both parks and give each its own core function.

My Island nighttime show would use fountains, fire, and some low altitude pyro to retell the story of how the Islands were discovered/created btw.
Although Islands has a huge lagoon, it doesn't have areas surrounding the lagoon for people to stand and watch.

I really think Universal should be using the lagoons for smaller shows throughout the day (DCA does something similar) that add ambiance, rather than try and shoehorn a giant nighttime spectacular.

There are two areas for dedicated lagoon show watching in Port of Entry and Marvel
I believe that every island has waterfront areas that are accessible by foot. Though some may provide better viewing areas than others...

Seems like Me Ship, The Olive would be a great viewing spot. Also JP in front of the Discovery Center, though I’m not sure how much frontage there is.

'I'll take "Areas that are lagoon show ready" for 1000, Alex.'

atpwmw.png

Count me among those that are cautiously optimistic about the new show (oh, and I definitely hope there WILL be pyrotechnic effects. We don't need another Rivers of Light).

I also look forward to a new nighttime show at Islands of Adventure. If Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure can have more than two nighttime shows (even though they are located right across from each other) so can Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. I expect Islands of Adventure's nighttime show to have even more fountains, though. We'll see what happens.

What is all this talk of a nighttime show it IOA? There are no plans that I know of to put on a nighttime show at IOA. Perhaps this new show at US is hitting many of us as a bit lackluster?
It makes more practical sense to do a show at IOA because the lagoon is better suited for it. With USF's long narrow lagoon there's no spot where you can easily see the whole lagoon so every time they do a show there it has to essentially be duplicated about 3 times through the lagoon.

I agree that IOA has a great lagoon but it wasn't designed for night time show. The spots in each island to view the lagoon won't accommodate the guests that need to see the show. US lagoon has far more viewing areas for a show. Yeah it's long but it's able allow people to congregate to see it. I love the IOA lagoon areas myself and frequent those areas to get a break from people and noise. Last time I was there (a day ago) I was just thinking about a nighttime show there and realized how small the spaces would be. IOA lagoon would be a nice lagoon for daytime show though.