Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Landscaping

Well, it is boring on here tonight, so I thought i would begin posting some of my favorite theme park plants. In some cases it took me some time and research to discover their names.

This first one is Clerodendron speciosissimum
NhCANOm.jpg

I love how it pops in this picture against the all green.
LlTer1L.jpg

I assume a lot of folks around here have never experienced a hurricane. For me, the worst I experienced was some 12 years ago with Wilma. When you have steel shutters covering all the windows, you just hear sounds all night/day...anyway, the sounds of trees snapping in half as just crazy sounds...then the trees that rip out of the ground...well, the roots tend to take things like sidewalks, streets, whatever they have grown under....down here, many streets still have tree debris waiting to find its way to a chipper...anyway, this is a pic from RPR:

201709_hi_IMG_1920 by Peter Bierman, on Flickr

37591187691_694b909ab1_c.jpg

It’s interesting to me where they use rebar reinforced concrete and where they do not. I suppose rebar is mostly used in areas that will be trafficked by heavy machinery and trucks.

Here is one of the staples of Orlando’s theme park jungle plants. It’s common name is Lady Palm but most nurseries refer to it by its scientific name: Rhapis excelsa. It is clumping and does what bamboo does but at a far lower height.

3438ebb332b391ea107abcd7a0a1ed1a.jpg

Here it is screening parts of the Spinosaurus (under jaw)

VtQEy2O.jpg