Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

There's no way you can fit a large roller coaster and a show the size of water world in the entrance of the Florida. Rocket is in the middle of the park. And the terminator theater isn't very large. So I disagree with you.

USH doesn't have the luxury of space, and USJ is it's own species. Not to mention, USJ has Rip Ride Rockit actually closer to the front of the park than one would think.

If you have things too similar to one another, it may cause an offsetting balance; and that you need to counter audiences as they enter the park. The T2 Replacement should keep what T2 was, allowing it to be an off-balance purposefully.

USH doesn't have the luxury of space, and USJ is it's own species. Not to mention, USJ has Rip Ride Rockit actually closer to the front of the park than one would think.

If you have things too similar to one another, it may cause an offsetting balance; and that you need to counter audiences as they enter the park. The T2 Replacement should keep what T2 was, allowing it to be an off-balance purposefully.
To be honest I would of never even thought about comparing Florida to the other parks. You brought that up. But, I understand the argument. Rocket isn't a good example. That out of place coaster crosses to the city walk, passed the entrance, production central, and New York. Its a disaster. But, I like it lol

I do agree that the attraction should be different. I think the idea of Sing is different enough. But, it is similar because it's an animated film. I just don't believe Jason B is the smartest IP to use. It's not popular enough at this point. The other rumors don't make sense at all. But, I'll be happy with whatever Universal chooses. T2 was dated.

To be honest I would of never even thought about comparing Florida to the other parks. You brought that up. But, I understand the argument. Rocket isn't a good example. That out of place coaster crosses to the city walk, passed the entrance, production central, and New York. Its a disaster. But, I like it lol

I do agree that the attraction should be different. I think the idea of Sing is different enough. But, it is similar because it's an animated film. I just don't believe Jason B is the smartest IP to use. It's not popular enough at this point. The other rumors don't make sense at all. But, I'll be happy with whatever Universal chooses. T2 was dated.

To be honest, I think they are going with Bond or Bourne (if Bond doesn't pan out) as it would allow them to bring a high action oriented show that can suit a teen/young adult market.

Bond would be the better choice of IP, but Bourne would have to be a reserve.

Any idea why Universal hasn't announced the replacement yet? I'm surprised honestly. Still no official Nintendo announcement either. I really thought they would announce the terminator replacement to build some hype for the dying Hollywood area.

Any idea why Universal hasn't announced the replacement yet? I'm surprised honestly. Still no official Nintendo announcement either. I really thought they would announce the terminator replacement to build some hype for the dying Hollywood area.

There was going to be an announcement if I am not mistaken, but Irma came in and they decided not to make the announcement for T2 but in the process of not giving it fanfare.

As for Nintendo, I don't believe they will make any announcement of it now, as it sounds like it may be for 2021. Meanwhile, I would expect closure announcements more than a SNW announcement.

Universal is pretty slow making announcements. Heck, they don't generally even give a solid opening date on a new attraction until it's nearly ready to open.

Makes sense. Most of the crowd going into the park goes straight down Production Central. Just a small smattering of people walks towards Hollywood.

Man, I knew it, I've been doing this park wrong this whole time! We enter and head up Hollywood...we'll, that is every time now that Hello Kitty moved in, but I always headed that way anyway...then one of the parade float tends to come out, my daughter usually has time to meet all the characters that stop at the end of the routine for a meet and great...then Homer comes out...then I see that band lugging all their equipment over there to the front corner...then there is the one that always seems to change...Marilyn and the secret service guy I guess, or Lucy, sometimes MiB agents...

I sort of have enjoyed watching Hollywood Blvd come to life after rope drop!

Man, I knew it, I've been doing this park wrong this whole time! We enter and head up Hollywood...we'll, that is every time now that Hello Kitty moved in, but I always headed that way anyway...then one of the parade float tends to come out, my daughter usually has time to meet all the characters that stop at the end of the routine for a meet and great...then Homer comes out...then I see that band lugging all their equipment over there to the front corner...then there is the one that always seems to change...Marilyn and the secret service guy I guess, or Lucy, sometimes MiB agents...

I sort of have enjoyed watching Hollywood Blvd come to life after rope drop!
Actually, we usually enter the park the same way. I like walking down the street with that cool Hollywood music playing, and the sight lines are so much better than Production Central. And, there's absolutely no crowd. Our first attraction is usually ET since it always puts a smile on our faces.

It honestly blows my mind that ET is still standing. I'm aware that good old Spielberg doesn't want it taken down. Lol

Do you guys think there's any truth to the Star Trek rumor? I'm personally not a Star Trek fan.

I would think it’d be a TWD attraction, since Hollywood has one, as well as because of how successful (monetarily at least) it was at HHN.

Universal stated multiple times that it's going to be based on a high energy Universal IP. TWD is owned by AMC Networks, and Universal Studios Hollywood already license it as a maze (which is not as good as the Universal House of Horror due to the space on the building).

It honestly blows my mind that ET is still standing. I'm aware that good old Spielberg doesn't want it taken down. Lol

Do you guys think there's any truth to the Star Trek rumor? I'm personally not a Star Trek fan.

I don't think there's any credibility about Star Trek coming to Universal Orlando. They have to ask Paramount/CBS permission to license it. which could be a pain in the ass, as Star Trek attraction had existed in the past at a Universal theme park. With Universal's owned IP, they don't have to share money with anyone but its own.

^I’m trying to think of which Universal IPs haven’t been used yet or aren’t currently under construction besides Secret Life of Pets (which is literally Toy Story note for note, just with pets). I can’t think of anything.

Actually, we usually enter the park the same way. I like walking down the street with that cool Hollywood music playing, and the sight lines are so much better than Production Central. And, there's absolutely no crowd. Our first attraction is usually ET since it always puts a smile on our faces.

I really enjoy ET first thing in the AM. We tend to just explore the queue for a while, seldom have anyone else come in, but let them pass...so many times with just the three of us on a bike...man, I recall my first visit to USO, ET's waits were well over two hours (anyone know if the bikes were ever smaller?), but the park did not have a lot back then, I think Jaws was closed already when I first went, Kong was new and sometimes didn't work, but it did work on that day...Earthquake was cool and Ghostbusters...Hitchcock, but I was young and not a big film buff, dug seeing the Bates Motel on the way to the first Hard Rock I ever saw though...that bridge to the parking lot was cool...heck, the trip before last was the first time I saw where they moved the piece of the Berlin Wall to...

Hey guys! This is my very first post on this site! I've been a fan of this site for years and today I finally decided to join the forums! My favorite theme park of all time is Islands of Adventure and I'm a die hard Spiderman and Star Wars fan! I'm 27 and a Florida native. Anyway, enough about me lol I personally believe that the attraction replacing T2 is SING. Why? It just fits. It's a Universal franchise. It's upbeat. It's near DM and SLOP(hopefully). Music and Hollywood are a good mix. And the film was very successful. Yes, I'm aware that it's not LIVE action. But, maybe they will incorporate the audience to sing with the characters. Maybe something similar to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor at MK. I really don't see Bomd or Star Trek coming because there Universal franchises. As for Jason B I think it's not the smartest idea but it can work. What are you u guys mostly leaning towards? For me it's Sing. No question. I would be shocked if it's anything else. That's just my two cents.

Welcome to the forums!

Universal is weird with announcing projects. They still fear that if it's announced too early guests will put off a trip.

I really enjoy ET first thing in the AM. We tend to just explore the queue for a while, seldom have anyone else come in, but let them pass...so many times with just the three of us on a bike...man, I recall my first visit to USO, ET's waits were well over two hours (anyone know if the bikes were ever smaller?), but the park did not have a lot back then, I think Jaws was closed already when I first went, Kong was new and sometimes didn't work, but it did work on that day...Earthquake was cool and Ghostbusters...Hitchcock, but I was young and not a big film buff, dug seeing the Bates Motel on the way to the first Hard Rock I ever saw though...that bridge to the parking lot was cool...heck, the trip before last was the first time I saw where they moved the piece of the Berlin Wall to...
Guess what we do. We usually have Express, but we skip the express queue, use the regular queue and enjoy it's ambiance, and let everyone pass us up, especially if Botanicus is working. :thumbsup::)