HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 176 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Tonight was sold out so the wait times were higher than I’ve been observing in weeks past but that didn’t stop me. Hit everything before midnight and repeated Insidious and The Shining. Tried to hit Saw again, didn’t work. Finally got to see Urban Inferno and Toxic Tunnel though. Tried to repeat Titans but they closed it at 1:30 which is a little upsetting but I’ll hopefully be back closing night!

Can you share your plan of attack? I'll be going next Sunday and am still trying to figure out the best way to see everything. Thanks!

Why the hell did they close at 1:30?!?!?! I would've been so pissed if that was last on my gameplan and I thought I had 30 minutes to spare to get in line before park closing.
I was pretty upset. I didn’t bother to ask why I just went over there and they turned me away

Can you share your plan of attack? I'll be going next Sunday and am still trying to figure out the best way to see everything. Thanks!
My gameplan was to do Early Entry and head down to the Metro Set mazes in this order
Saw
American Horror Story
Ash vs. Evil Dead (Ash vs. Black Walls)
Then I went to the lower lot
Insidious
The Shining
To the upper lot
Titans of Terror Tram
Titans of Terror
Horrors of Blumhouse
Finished everything by 11:30 and was able to squeeze in a repeat for Insidious and The Shining

Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, except Ash and the tram. That was just embarrassing. I'm pretty sure Ash had black walls for a good minute or two when I went. Toxic Tunnel was also closed down for me due to someone getting hurt or something like that so everyone had to walk through a normal lit tunnel with no actors. The Shining and Roanoke were probably my favorite this year but not Krampus level or hell any 2016 level maze. I'd give this year a C, I really do wish the kicked back on the black walls because it broke the flow especially in Insidious.

I was at HHN when I was asked to give my email address for a survey. The survey was later sent to my email.

It was interesting, because while they did address about half the issues we discuss here, half weren't brought up at all, and the other half were things I've never seen mentioned before.

I did add on my own that I personally would be interested in taking daytime tours of the mazes, so their construction and detail could be better appreciated. I'd even pay for that. At many of Knott's special events for haunt, they allow people to wander a maze or two, and it's really amazing to see the work that goes into them. Always wished HHN would offer similar.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
LOL no, mazes don't "brake down" it's usually if not always because of an injury that has occurred in maze.

Arg I miss the DAY (singular) when HHN would do AP exclusives

Orlando has had circumstances to where they had to stop a maze at a time due to either a bad interaction between a guest and a scare-actor, or vomitting (that is from what I've gathered to be more common).

I would assume that Hollywood would be having similar circumstances just as much as Orlando.

I did add on my own that I personally would be interested in taking daytime tours of the mazes, so their construction and detail could be better appreciated. I'd even pay for that. At many of Knott's special events for haunt, they allow people to wander a maze or two, and it's really amazing to see the work that goes into them. Always wished HHN would offer similar.

Funny enough, Orlando has something similar with Unmasking The Horror Tours; and that I am actually surprised that nothing like that came into this year.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Alex, have you ever attended an HHN event on either coasts? Just curious

EDIT: This question sounds really mean in my mind and I do NOT mean it in a mean way

Last edited:
^I'm actually going to Orlando's HHN for my first time this weekend! While I'm a veteran of ours, never been to theirs. Very anxious to see how it compares. Doing the RIP tour to make sure we don't miss anything. Although it's costing us a fortune, haha

And I just saw they have a daytime/behind the scenes tour as well. I'm really, really surprised they don't do that here. No matter what anyone may think of Murdy, you can't argue his dedication to detail, and if it weren't for going to some of his ScareLA/Midsummer presentations, I would've missed a lot of very cool details. (My favorite: Hollywood Harry's vest was full of past tram tour guide name tags though the years, implying he'd killed them and taken their tag as a badge of pride/memento.) It really needs to be appreciated on a greater scale.