Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's surprising they don't have one of these things on it:
clearance-2.jpg

I know everyone thinks this land was a waste of space, but what if Toy Story Midway Mania was built as part of the expansion, instead of it being there first? (sorry if my phrasing is bad) Say TSMM wasn't built until TSL was. Would it still be a waste of land and IP?

I think this is a very valid point to be made.

I love TSMM and I think the Slinky coaster will deliver. For people who have never visited before, I think they will enjoy the land as a whole but I think everybody here knows that this land should be so much better than what we're getting.

Reactions: twebber55
I think the whole Toy Story concept makes for a cheap lookin land. Known objects at large scale. It's the reason we think the All Stars are cheap.

Yep. Awful, was at DLP last week and didn't even set foot in toy story playland even though I walked past the entrances numerous times. Even the Buzz and tacky theming out front was enough to make me cringe.

Reactions: Andysol and Joel
I'll ride the coaster....once.

Same for the Alien whip ride. Then I'll most likely never set foot in the land again.

I mean, the other entrance to SW:GE has a bar. This one has a vicious assault to ones eyes and sensibilities.

I'm staying slightly optimistic about the coaster but time will tell.

I'll ride the coaster....once.

Same for the Alien whip ride. Then I'll most likely never set foot in the land again.

I mean, the other entrance to SW:GE has a bar. This one has a vicious assault to ones eyes and sensibilities.

I just don't see either ride as having repeat drive. 7DMT is short but I do enjoy it. I wish it was longer but I would ride it a few times a day, depending on line length. These two rides? No, thank you.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I just don't see either ride as having repeat drive. 7DMT is short but I do enjoy it. I wish it was longer but I would ride it a few times a day, depending on line length. These two rides? No, thank you.
this is going to be a better ride than mine train.

Maters is good fun at DCA so I see no reason why Alien won't be. Nothing you'll instantly get back in line for, but it's something fun to do when the bigger rides have long lines.

I'm staying slightly optimistic about the coaster but time will tell.

Top left slab of concrete is new in that first pic. Looks like Stroller parking or a M&G area.

I feel the land needed one more flat to round it out.
I’ve said that the second they were announced. Obviously first choice would be several Pixar IPs- but if it had to be Toy story only, Even the terrible army man drop and RC Racers would’ve been fine. Sight lines might be an issue but they could work around it with the room.
You’d have a high capacity E with TSMM
You’d have a low/moderate capacity C and D with ASS and SDD
You’d have a low capacity B and C with Army man and RC Racer
Those flats are very inexpensive. They built the entirety of Paris- rides, theming and all for $78 mil.

But “5 rides” would sound significantly better for that many acres- and small kids could spend hours there waiting in line for those attractions. Keep the rugrats confiscated to that area.