Jaws Revival? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Jaws Revival?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The only classic Universal attraction I can see them bringing back is Back to the Future, just because I think it's both timeless and very easy to convert into several types of attractions. Meanwhile, I don't expect Jaws to EVER come back in its own ride, and if E.T. ever leaves, he'll be gone for good.

You would have to have Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd reprising their roles in the 2015 standards, then you would have to explain how 2015 turned out. Besides, BTTF is nothing without the two people, and it's an old franchise that isn't relevant in the movie industry nowadays anymore (unless there are talks about bringing it back).

You would have to have Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd reprising their roles in the 2015 standards, then you would have to explain how 2015 turned out. Besides, BTTF is nothing without the two people, and it's an old franchise that isn't relevant in the movie industry nowadays anymore (unless there are talks about bringing it back).

There are many ways to represent Back to the Future that don't involve the story/plot of the movies. Physical sets, animatronics, fire, explosions, etc. The only thing that is a must is a real live version of the car. And its a time machine, so you can go to any time period you want, so the whole 2015 thing really doesn't matter.

That being said, I'm also of the idea that the only way this happens is as ONE SCENE of part of the Universal great movie ride. And that would be fine with me. The Universal great movie ride would be the perfect way to preserve past attractions that no longer exist, but could now exist again in the fan's minds. To me its a no-brainer and would be a big hit. I really hope we get it some day.

That being said, I'm also of the idea that the only way this happens is as ONE SCENE of part of the Universal great movie ride. And that would be fine with me. The Universal great movie ride would be the perfect way to preserve past attractions that no longer exist, but could now exist again in the fan's minds. To me its a no-brainer and would be a big hit. I really hope we get it some day.

My armchair pitch for a Great Universal Movie Ride would involve the DeLorean as our ride vehicle, with Doc Brown basically being our guide on the journey into the movies. BTTF would get a dedicated scene in the ride, for sure, but there'd be a BTTF element with us throughout.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
My armchair pitch for a Great Universal Movie Ride would involve the DeLorean as our ride vehicle, with Doc Brown basically being our guide on the journey into the movies. BTTF would get a dedicated scene in the ride, for sure, but there'd be a BTTF element with us throughout.

That would be perfect in my eyes.

Reactions: belloq87
In a perfect world, there would be room for a lot of these old favorites, maybe as part of a third park on the property as a sort of working museum. Of course, that's not remotely practical. That said, I'd like USF to do something more in acknowledging and honoring what used to be there besides the throwaway props from those rides littered throughout at random points.

Reactions: tankart150