T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As far as I understand, a lot of money and resources are actually being placed into DWT at USH. I see no way that Kung Fu Panda gets replaced that fast.

What's your opinion on the new seat Trolls rumor? Even I'm surprised with this one. I kept saying it would be a SING attraction. I guess this is close enough.

What's your opinion on the new seat Trolls rumor? Even I'm surprised with this one. I kept saying it would be a SING attraction. I guess this is close enough.

As far of if it's a rumor; this came from a Fox Business article that talked more on the gameplan of the IP going forward, and that in-turn; with the future for the IP.

Trolls Everywhere: NBCUniversal Aims to Use Parent Comcast's Reach to Spawn a Franchise | Fox Business

As for if this is the T2 Replacement, let me put it this way.

They explicitly said Live-Action, and that multiple people that have high credibility here on the Forums have mentioned of Bond or Bourne as the two most likely IP's to replace it. And that if anything, Bourne is going to be the Safety IP, if a deal can not be reached with the rights holder of the Bond brand, and if it doesn't go to Universals hands; the production company that is going to get the future film rights; then I would imagine Bourne would be saved for the attraction.

That though, is merely a guess. Outside of the T2 Replacement, who say's it has to be a 4D attraction? To be perfectly blunt, I can see Trollseum be more of an exhibit, with it being more similar to Coraline to Kubo: A Lakia Experience (which premiered at USH last year with critical success) than I would see of a 4D attraction at Hollywood. And that I can see it being of the evolution of the Trolls IP, from the beginning of it's run to the DreamWorks film.

Keep in mind, this is mainly a guess on my part for Trollseum, and that I have no true insider knowledge on what is with Trollseum.

That though, is merely a guess. Outside of the T2 Replacement, who say's it has to be a 4D attraction? To be perfectly blunt, I can see Trollseum be more of an exhibit, with it being more similar to Coraline to Kubo: A Lakia Experience (which premiered at USH last year with critical success) than I would see of a 4D attraction at Hollywood. And that I can see it being of the evolution of the Trolls IP, from the beginning of it's run to the DreamWorks film.

Keep in mind, this is mainly a guess on my part for Trollseum, and that I have no true insider knowledge on what is with Trollseum.
I have my doubts about that. No parent is going to care about a Trolls exhibit and the target audience for Trolls wouldn't care about an exhibit either. Laika makes sense for something like that considering the biggest fans of those films are likely teenagers, adults, and animation fans. Trolls, being mostly aimed at young children, wouldn't fit that profile at all imo.

Also, on Trollseum: I expect it to be something along the lines of the traveling HTTYD show or those traveling shows you'll see for kids series like Sesame Street or Disney Junior. I doubt it'll be a theme park attraction.

I have my doubts about that. No parent is going to care about a Trolls exhibit and the target audience for Trolls wouldn't care about an exhibit either. Laika makes sense for something like that considering the biggest fans of those films are likely teenagers, adults, and animation fans. Trolls, being mostly aimed at young children, wouldn't fit that profile at all imo.

You would be surprised on how well Coraline to Kubo actually was received, as it was even extended for Universal Hollywood and has begun touring at certain spots.

I do agree that it's probably a Touring children show, whether it'd be something on Disney On Ice, is a question. That said, I do not believe that this is T2's replacement, at all.

USF literally announced that it was a UNIVERSAL property that was getting an attraction, so based on that FACT... no, it's not going to be Bond. Bourne maybe.
Or, you know. That was PR speak that doesn't exactly mean much. Didn't Universal also deny that Skull Island is Skull Island during construction, even after people could clearly see what the facades for Skull Island were for?

One thing that I find unusual is that everyone keeps saying that Universal still doesn't know what's replacing T2. They literally gave us details. Not just any details. They clearly stated stated that it's "live action/high energy" and a "universal franchise." Back in 2011, Universal stated that Jaws was closing. All they said is that it would be replaced by an exciting new experience. That's it. We have confirmed news from Universal themselves of the details about this upcoming attractions. Why would Universal intentionally close a popular show without securing the license for an IP like Bond? Now I'm sure the Disney announcements pushed them to close DC and T2 much quicker. But, I'm pretty confident they have a replacement all set with all those small details that some are ignoring.

Reactions: tankart150
For all intents and purposes, a Bourne stunt/screen show is interchangeable with a Bond stunt/screen show. That’s why there’s “secure the IP talk.” The theater itself will get a complete renovation/upgrade over the next few months. That’s gives them time to determine which international spy thriller they’re writing a script for.

If Universal gets distribution rights for Bond, then it becomes a “Universal franchise” to the public in the same way Pixar “was Disney” before Disney bought it. If they can’t get Bond, then Bourne.

I haven’t tried confirming any of this direct with my sources, but too many others (with more connections than me) are all leaning this direction.

One thing that I find unusual is that everyone keeps saying that Universal still doesn't know what's replacing T2. They literally gave us details. Not just any details. They clearly stated stated that it's "live action/high energy" and a "universal franchise." Back in 2011, Universal stated that Jaws was closing. All they said is that it would be replaced by an exciting new experience. That's it. We have confirmed news from Universal themselves of the details about this upcoming attractions. Why would Universal intentionally close a popular show without securing the license for an IP like Bond? Now I'm sure the Disney announcements pushed them to close DC and T2 much quicker. But, I'm pretty confident they have a replacement all set with all those small details that some are ignoring.

Back in 2011 before Jaws even closed everyone knew it was Diagon Alley with images even being leaked online. People knew Kong was coming before Universal announced it. Same with Fallon, F&F, Transformers (though there was a short time some people thought it was a haunt or some kind of red herring), etc... but generally IU and its insiders/sources seem to have a good idea of what is coming to Universal, even when Universal hasn't officially announced anything. If they say it's Bond or Bourne, then I'd say it's incredibly likely that it's Bond or Bourne.

Or, you know. That was PR speak that doesn't exactly mean much. Didn't Universal also deny that Skull Island is Skull Island during construction, even after people could clearly see what the facades for Skull Island were for?
That's wayyyyy different. We have - in writing - a press release from Uni that tells us it will be a Universal property. If it's anything other, one will have to question what a "Universal" property is.

Personally, I believe it's going to be Bourne.