Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 195 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If there's a heat effect in it I'll be somewhat impressed. Fire effect and I'll applaud. That's how low my expectations are. I'll be excited if there's a neat effect.

I think we all would've liked something fast. Something exciting and tangible. Whether Test Track tech or something new, it could've been great.

I fear even general audiences will be let down, because everyone's gonna expect something that actually goes fast. Oh well.

We got Mario Kart on the horizon, so no need to dwell on the past... Which is where Universal will be leaving the screenz attractions for awhile after this. The past.

Beijing will still have to probably deal with it on a similar way, and that I will feel bad for them. But; as you said, you are right when it comes to this.

After Drupercharged (calling it that now on) and B or B, we seem have Secret Life; Forbidden Forest; Ministry of Magic; and Super Nintendo World, which should be a huge plethora of attractions that has little to no screens at all, and that I can't be more excited for it.

Drupercharged will probably have the same faults as I do for the Hollywood version. Not great, but not horrendous (unless if they do something that makes the humor worse than it is in Hollywood).

Reactions: Alicia
You guys are already praising Mario Kart. The attraction can disappointment as well. Never judge a book by its cover people. That's all I'm saying. As for inside sources. They haven't been on the ride either.

You guys are already praising Mario Kart. The attraction can disappointment as well. Never judge a book by its cover people. That's all I'm saying. As for inside sources. They haven't been on the ride either.

Haha! Allow myself to quote... myself... *

Hang around for a bit, and you'll begin to understand why IU forum users (forum-ers?) do that. There are some very, very informed people on here, who hint as much as they can but cannot reveal everything in order to protect their sources.

You might think this is a "wait and see" situation but by all, very informed, accounts it is not. We know exactly what this is going to be, thanks to these insiders.

* i seriously have been waiting about 10 years on multiple forums to use this gem! :dance:

Haha! Allow myself to quote... myself... *

* i seriously have been waiting about 10 years on multiple forums to use this gem! :dance:

I feel like something needs to be added onto for the subject of SNW, and to an extent, Supercharged.

We've had a lot of people here on the forums, especially those who have knowledge give hints here or there, or in some cases; coming out DOA on what they are saying. SNW, has been that in many ways. And that he current consensus seems to be, that Mario Kart will be an industrial game changer, the same way FJ was.

And that's coming from sources that have been highly reliable multiple times in the past, and present. I am curious to see if UC can live up to hype, especially when you consider that Nintendo is a company that in the past is hell-bent on wanting to keep it close to their hands.

Back to F&F, that has been the case with this, but with sources seeming to indicate a negative side for this attraction. And when you think about it, it makes sense (as much as I hate to say that), but @Skold got that covered rather nicely.

All I can really say is that Kong was to be the "best ride ever" and gringotts was to be the "best ride ever" and Fallon was to be the "worst ride ever". I don't have high hopes for F&F either, but the track record of insiders is not exactly flawless on how good the rides end up being.

I believe most here, we themed entertainment snobs, believe that thousands of guests will love this attraction and eat it right up. I think the queue alone might be the highlight of many guest’s visit.

We geeks, on the other hand, know that it is a copy of quasi copy. This and the projected image nature of it leave us rolling our eyes. Too, word has it that at least a few within UC are mortified that it is taking up such valuable space.

We geeks, on the other hand, know that it is a copy of quasi copy. This and the projected image nature of it leave us rolling our eyes. Too, word has it that at least a few within UC are mortified that it is taking up such valuable space.
I wouldn't say I'm mortified...Just curious as to why they can't just do an indoor coaster with some nice theming and some Musion...Not everything needs to cost $200 million to make guests happy

I wouldn't say I'm mortified...Just curious as to why they can't just do an indoor coaster with some nice theming and some Musion...Not everything needs to cost $200 million to make guests happy
They were told to build this and build this they did. Pick your battles....

They were told to build this and build this they did. Pick your battles....
I'm curious how the conversation went...Was it "Build a clone of the tram tour F&F section" or "Build a F&F ride in Orlando"...That would certainly help direct my anger better at someone :fist:

I think BriMan said, in a previous post, that UC was aware there were issues due to low scores in Hollywood, and pondered whether to continue in the same vein or start anew. They chose to basically stay the course...Not sure if my memory is completely correct, but I think that was the gist of it.

Yeah, I was gonna mention that UC doesnt have the final say of what actually happens. Executives want F&F, and if they can make 2 rides with the same exact system and be able to market the Furious IP, they will see that as the wise choice.
You can't argue with the box office and in some minds that translates to demand. Probably be OK but not going to draw like HP despite the numbers.

I think BriMan said, in a previous post, that UC was aware there were issues due to low scores in Hollywood, and pondered whether to continue in he same vein or start anew. They chose to basically stay the course...Not sure if my memory is completely correct, but I think that was the gist of it.

I think F&F was already in the works before Kong: Skull Island opened, but people seemed to be a lot more positive about that ride before opening (and even after. Not sure if it's still as positive now but I like it.) I wonder if that played a factor in deciding to bring it over to Studios, thinking it would play out the same way.

I think F&F was already in the works before Kong: Skull Island opened, but people seemed to be a lot more positive about that ride before opening (and even after. Not sure if it's still as positive now but I like it.) I wonder if that played a factor in deciding to bring it over to Studios, thinking it would play out the same way.

If they did that, they would've had to be hearing the positive things coming from the testing period; as Michelle Rodriguez accidentally mentioned Supercharged for Orlando AND Beijing; if I am not mistaken at the opening event for Hollywood. It didn't seem like a matter of if.

Reactions: DK745
If they did that, they would've had to be hearing the positive things coming from the testing period; as Michelle Rodriguez accidentally mentioned Supercharged for Orlando AND Beijing; if I am not mistaken at the opening event for Hollywood. It didn't seem like a matter of if.

Well Spielberg also mentioned Transformers for Orlando at some point but I thought that it wasn't really in the plans until a little later when an opportunity came up and they jumped.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I've been reading a lot of hate regarding this upcoming attraction. I can understand if your not excited for the IP attached to it. But, I'm a strong believer that you can't judge an attraction until you've experienced it first hand. So until I've ridden the ride I won't make a judgment. Also, I think we should just be happy that it's a Universal franchise. I'm aware that it's based on the attraction in Hollywood. But, there going to be completely different experiences. So I have hope. I thought Fallon was a terrible idea. But, the exterior is a major upgrade compared to Twister and the ride and queue is entertaining. That's my personal opinion.

Can't judge a book by its cover. You haven't experienced the ride yet. Give it a chance first.

Totally appreciate the optimism and 100% agree that rides need to be experienced in person before being fully judged.

However... we know unlike Kong this is largely a 1:1 clone of Hollywood. The ride itself, not the queue. So I have personally already mostly experienced this ride (and I'm sure several others here have as well).

It's not good. In fact, it's bordering on a hot mess. The queue might be nice, but the ride I already experienced is not...

It's also in principle the last thing USF needed for its lineup, so from multiple fronts it was a poor call that has nothing to do with the IP itself.

This seems like a huge assumption. Do we even know what the ride vehicles are yet? Multi level track? Banked track? Anything about it?
All signs point to the ride vehicles being large, slow-moving behemoths. Like Kong.

The track looks to be a flat, simple loop. Like Kong.