Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

Horror Make-Up is the last of the how-movies-are-made attractions left. Fans of the park since 1990 like myself are gonna give ya some pushback on getting rid of it.

Plus, they probably have great HUGE plans for Dreamworks properties in the parks coming down the line.

Also, the Penguins of Madagascar already meet and greet across the street from the Horror Make Up. (And Shrek/Donkey around the corner and Po next door of course.) It's not like they don't have Dreamworks meet and greets. I get your concept for a unified land, but I think one built from the ground up would be better suited to the properties.

Horror Make-Up is the last of the how-movies-are-made attractions left. Fans of the park since 1990 like myself are gonna give ya some pushback on getting rid of it.

Plus, they probably have great HUGE plans for Dreamworks properties in the parks coming down the line.

Also, the Penguins of Madagascar already meet and greet across the street from the Horror Make Up. (And Shrek/Donkey around the corner and Po next door of course.) It's not like they don't have Dreamworks meet and greets. I get your concept for a unified land, but I think one built from the ground up would be better suited to the properties.

The fact that Universal has meet and greets with the Penguins near Horror Make Show proves my point even further. That's what sells today. I never said they shouldn't make a Dreamworks area in another park. I said having some form of precense of Dreamworks in USF would help. I have nostalgia with classic universal just like everyone else. But, I like change and I want universal to succeed. I saw your video about rides coming to Universal. You stated yourself that by having a SLOP would make an illuminations area. So my Dreamworks area is not out of left field.

The fact that Universal has meet and greets with the Penguins near Horror Make Show proves my point even further. That's what sells today. I never said they shouldn't make a Dreamworks area in another park. I said having some form of precense of Dreamworks in USF would help. I have nostalgia with classic universal just like everyone else. But, I like change and I want universal to succeed. I saw your video about rides coming to Universal. You stated yourself that by having a SLOP would make an illuminations area. So my Dreamworks area is not out of left field.
There are honestly so many other places around the resort that need to b updated..(Toon Lagoon, Fear Factor area, Production Central, an empty plot of land down Universal Blvd.)...The Hollywood area is nice and themed well...Plus HMUS is in such a small plot of land that it really is insiginificant

Why not save Dreamworks for the fourth park so they can fully flesh out the environments of the films?

...Horror stuff just doesn't do well except during the fall season. Mummy is the only exception but that's only because it's a coaster. Universal should leave the horror stuff during Halloween horror nights. There successful with that at least. Why do you think house of horrors closed in USH? It was so dated.

You are debating the logistics and ethics of two completely different parks. Not to mention, USH still has something similar to House of Horrors; and it's having low GSAT's.

House of Horrors, was on prime property for the park to invest and change, to make it more thematically cohesive and more well kept in a thematic transition. DreamWorks Theater in Hollywood, seems to be that. Not to mention, you are dismissing multiple individuals that in the past, have had insanely good track records in what they say.

And to mention something, if you invade your front half of the park to be all on one perspective, to then throw that for completely different themes and actions on several different attractions; it will be alienating for the audience and in turn, adding confusion to why those family IP's were there.

I do expect elements from DWT to come to Bond/Bourne, but that does not mean it is going to be DreamWorks Theater. Nor do I think they would be dumb to contain all of the family IP's at one corner of the park.

There are honestly so many other places around the resort that need to b updated..(Toon Lagoon, Fear Factor area, Production Central, an empty plot of land down Universal Blvd.)...The Hollywood area is nice and themed well...Plus HMUS is in such a small plot of land that it really is insiginificant

Why not save Dreamworks for the fourth park so they can fully flesh out the environments of the films?

I actually do agree that there are other areas that desperately need updating. I never said Universal SHOULD make a Dreamworks area in Hollywood. I just said it as an idea that was worth throwing out there.

I can use the same argument with you from an earlier post from this same thread. You were comparing USF theme park entrance to other Studio theme park entrances around the world. Universal tends to clone and repeat things to other parks. So for me to compare what there doing to both American parks is validated.

I can use the same argument with you from an earlier post from this same thread. You were comparing USF theme park entrance to other Studio theme park entrances around the world. Universal tends to clone and repeat things to other parks. So for me to compare what there doing to both American parks is validated.
Be sure to use the "Edit" link on your last post to add more text to it rather than posting a new message right after your last one (if you're still the last person to have posted in the thread that is.) Keeps the forums neat and clean.

Puss in Boots has a M&G across from the Shrek & Donkey one too.

Puss in Boots has a M&G across from the Shrek & Donkey one too.
OMG I totally forgot they added him! Need to meet him. My favorite DW character! Loved his standalone film.

It's nice that they've been adding more characters in the meantime while planning how else to use the IPs in the parks.

It was less than a couple years ago that Busch Gardens had the Madagascar rights and had a Penguins stage show. They're still selling leftover branded merchandise on clearance at BGT as of last week.

My point being, Universal hasn't had the full rights for very long. I'm sure they're dreaming up all kinds of cool things to bring us.

Just remembered we do have a new Macy's Holiday Parade float coming soon too:
IMG_3415.JPG

OMG I totally forgot they added him! Need to meet him. My favorite DW character! Loved his standalone film.

It's nice that they've been adding more characters in the meantime while planning how else to use the IPs in the parks.

It was less than a couple years ago that Busch Gardens had the Madagascar rights and had a Penguins stage show. They're still selling leftover branded merchandise on clearance at BGT as of last week.

My point being, Universal hasn't had the full rights for very long. I'm sure they're dreaming up all kinds of cool things to bring us.

Just remembered we do have a new Macy's Holiday Parade float coming soon too:
View attachment 5591
Madagascar themed pool at Dreamworks Dry & Tame hotel....maybe....

Nah. I just can't comprehend why a company like them would green-light a Bourne attraction in the year 2017. Comcast loves using profitable IPs. Bourne is the exact opposite of that in every way.

Seems the Bond stuff has been around forever. My guess would go something like this:

So much stuff bringing worked on, but they need something now. They have this action/spy type concept sitting on the coffee table. If they can’t get Bond, dress it as Bourne (I think theme parks have a way of bringing attention to an IP that could even start a 2nd life).

I have no clue what they will open, just saying I could envision how/why they would use Bourne.

Isn't that Bond rumor still around due to the artwork from Goddard that was once made for a stunt show for Universal?
007McQuarrie_Logo_web1-1024x637.gif

A video game park should be gate number 4 and Dreamworks could come to Kidzone :)
It would be way too niche outside of Nintendo and maybe a character like Pac-Man. Plus no one's going to build "Call of Duty Land" or "Grand Theft Auto Land" which are two of the biggest gaming series. Most of the other gaming icons outside Nintendo just wouldn't translate well.