Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

So when will the Kid Zone closures begin?

I would say, put a mini carousel where the current HHN stage is and a mini choo-choo train ride over on the New York waterfront. Finally rip up an area of Central Park and install a little fun park jungle-gym playground. All done. Please send check to Teebin for his nifty idea.

They have some options. Central Park is one area, and that could certainly have a temporary playground (ala Flower and Garden at Epcot). They could do a “Street Fair”thing in NY, off the parade route, of course. I’d love to see a mini Ferris Wheel, and maybe one of those portable spinning coasters that seem to pop up at a lot of smaller parks (larger, three helix model: https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mo=13616). They could use one of the sound stages, and put in some kind of temporary kid-friendly show in there. Or use the parking lot behind the sound stages, as a temporary KidZone (current HHN lines between sound stages and Hogwarts Express). All I’m saying is, there are options.

I've said before that I wouldn't mind if they relocated Woody's Nuthouse Coaster to Central Park. It's a fun little ride and adds some energy to the middle if the park seen from the other side.

I wish they’d put it near where the Sprung tents are now. I guess it won’t happen, since they built that Coke Freestyle building, but that would have been my suggestion for it, as a new Krustyland attraction (Poochy Coaster?)

So... does anyone else think putting a small off the Lagoon path of Central Park would be a good idea? Something like a small stage (back to the water) with bench seating up the knoll. It would be a good spot for those KidZone revues they do, or any other streetainment they do.

So... does anyone else think putting a small off the Lagoon path of Central Park would be a good idea? Something like a small stage (back to the water) with bench seating up the knoll. It would be a good spot for those KidZone revues they do, or any other streetainment they do.
No. Don't take my Central Park quiet relaxing ambiance away. :mad: :angry::rant:See, it brings the rage on. :)....Take thee strollers to Disney. :lol:

I honestly don't think Universal should license Barney or any other of the stuff that is very unappealing to teenagers and adults, especially when it wants to appeal the whole demographics who wants the whole entire cutting edge technology of fun. It's just a waste of additional money due to the fact Barney is an external IP. Maybe in Japan or Singapore where they care about the stuff, but not here in America. Once they move into the new Super Nintendo World area into the Kidzone area, the sooner the better they don't waste money on an IP that isn't appealing to teenagers and adults nor as popular as others.

With HHN's end coming closer and closer, any more rumored closure dates? I am hoping to make a final decision by Wednesday.

At this point I'd expect it after the Christmas Holiday events are over. (Unless things have changed again, which is very possible) Expect very little notice when it does happen though. This entire kidzone closure rumor is based on speculation though based on relatively old info that has a high chance to be altered/changed.

Worst case go visit guest services and explain the situation in a friendly way, they are likely to give you something to compensate. (Especially if the notice is really short)

Last edited: