Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

I'm finally going next week either Sat or Sun and I'm really excited!

How has the weather been like lately? The forecast says around 84 those days. That should be hot enough with the humidity right?

I'm finally going next week either Sat or Sun and I'm really excited!

How has the weather been like lately? The forecast says around 84 those days. That should be hot enough with the humidity right?
Morning might be a little cool but a couple of hikes up the mountain should warm you up. Afternoon will be toasty. Great weather for a park.

I've scoured a few pages of this thread for some recent pictures or news of progress of landscaping, final touches, etc...

Are the original food items back on the menu? Are TapuTapu issues fixed? How's landscaping look? What about the slow river cave? I'm so disappointed that this isn't what we thought, but I wonder if some things have been fixed.

I've scoured a few pages of this thread for some recent pictures or news of progress of landscaping, final touches, etc...

Are the original food items back on the menu? Are TapuTapu issues fixed? How's landscaping look? What about the slow river cave? I'm so disappointed that this isn't what we thought, but I wonder if some things have been fixed.

Tapu Tapu was fixed for me because Express Pass is now sold :)

Both Voyage to the Center of the Earth and Lost River of the Pharoahs are awesome attractions...exactly the kind of water rides I expect from Universal and Disney...yet neither one has ever come close to building slides like those.

The size of the park, the variety of attractions, and those two rides probably make Water World Colorado my number one waterpark.

The reason you don't see these rides in Orlando is one big reason: Size. That one ride would take up the entirety of the VB expansion plot, where they probably want to add at least 2-3 more slides.

TapuTapu works wonderfully. I can't rave about it enough. The cave is a cave. The food, IMO, is the best "traditional" quick service I've had in Orlando.

I really can't rave about Volcano Bay enough. I know the first few months were rough, but it's far and away the best Water Park in Orlando, IMO.

Is this a recent thing? When I was there the other week the expansion plot was flat as a pancake and looked ready for construction.

I believe it was @Nick C. who saw it?

EDIT: yup

Before I forget, at VB now, just did Kala & Nui... there was clear earth moving going on in the expansion plot from the stairs. Could mean nothing, but it could be the beginning of something too....

The reason you don't see these rides in Orlando is one big reason: Size. That one ride would take up the entirety of the VB expansion plot, where they probably want to add at least 2-3 more slides.
I know this is a big reason why it isn't done anywhere else...but Disney has plenty of room to work with, and in the case of Volcano Bay, these slides are lower to the ground and more terrain-following. They could build slide complexes around it and on top of it in some cases....

That being said, I'd much rather see stuff like this show up in a whole new waterpark on the south universal property...take the waterpark in an entirely different direction from VB.

I know this is a big reason why it isn't done anywhere else...but Disney has plenty of room to work with, and in the case of Volcano Bay, these slides are lower to the ground and more terrain-following. They could build slide complexes around it and on top of it in some cases....

That being said, I'd much rather see stuff like this show up in a whole new waterpark on the south universal property...take the waterpark in an entirely different direction from VB.
You mean like a "Water Theme Park"?