T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It would be way too niche outside of Nintendo and maybe a character like Pac-Man. Plus no one's going to build "Call of Duty Land" or "Grand Theft Auto Land" which are two of the biggest gaming series. Most of the other gaming icons outside Nintendo just wouldn't translate well.

Call of Duty slow boat ride confirmed, relax while the bullets fly across :)

You've clearly never had Spectrum
I've had them since the Bright House days. Their customer service is awful and I lag in online games like Black ops 2. Then the tech shows up. I ask him to check or replace the cable line running from the ground to the house. He says, "it's already good". And we've had like, 5 techs already?!

Call of Duty slow boat ride confirmed, relax while the bullets fly across :)
Halo ride like MIB
Sonic the Hedgehog Green Hill Zone launch coaster with track themed and blended into environment :)
Honestly that's why Disney would've been better off with Nintendo. They have a lot of video game properties new and old that would translate well to the theme park world(TRON, Wreck it Ralph, Kingdom Hearts, Toontown Online, etc.)
Imagine the first ride in the world where guests are actually encouraged to bring their smart phones with them on the ride. Throwing pies through the use of AR to destroy animatronic cogs through fog and simulated explosions :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had them since the Bright House days. Their customer service is awful and I lag in online games like Black ops 2. Then the tech shows up. I ask him to check or replace the cable line running from the ground to the house. He says, "it's already good". And we've had like, 5 techs already?!

Yeah, I've had them tell me the line between the house and the hub down the street is bad and they are going to fix it. Never do. Come back next time, ask about it, they say it shows that its been replaced. Then show me where they dug up the yard and explain why the cable is still old cable. Says he will have to have someone check on that. Never does.

Reactions: tankart150
Hey guys this just a hypothetical question. I know this won't happen. Just asking for fun since my imagination likes to run wild. But, is the current T2 space big enough for a tackles dark ride?

Big enough, but it's an awkward shaped building with small elevation change, so it would require the building to be remodeled.

Yeah, I've had them tell me the line between the house and the hub down the street is bad and they are going to fix it. Never do. Come back next time, ask about it, they say it shows that its been replaced. Then show me where they dug up the yard and explain why the cable is still old cable. Says he will have to have someone check on that. Never does.
We're lucky, a few months ago they changed to cables around here, put in massive optic fiber cables. All by all, I have not experienced much trouble with Spectrum Internet.

Reactions: tankart150
I'm a business man. I know what sells. Horror Make Show does not sell. Out of the 20 plus years I've been going to Universal I've only gone to that show once. That should tell you something right there. Shows are not universals strong suit. A meet and greet with Dreamworks characters will have more people in that area than horror make up show would ever dreamed of having. Also, horror make up show is not great by any means of the imagination. It's old and outdated. Horror stuff just doesn't do well except during the fall season. Mummy is the only exception but that's only because it's a coaster. Universal should leave the horror stuff during Halloween horror nights. There successful with that at least. Why do you think house of horrors closed in USH? It was so dated.

I personally love the horror make up show. I understand you make not like it, which is fine that's an opinion. But as a business man you should know not to make assumptions without statistical evidence to help make an informed decision. But I do think transforming Hollywood to a Dreamworks area is a good idea, yes. Personally there are too many fake cities in USF that after a while they all just blend together. Hello Kitty can stay, make some of the facades into actual shops expand do not just replace.

But getting rid of the horror make ups show imo would require for another show to take its place not a M&G. Universal's M&Gs really have no pull and instead of a funny show and cool waiting area you'd replace it with a smile and a picture. M&G's for the most part have no draw except for youngsters so it would be changing an show geared at older age for a 5 minute M&G.

I think the main issue with Universal's shows is they never change. This might be one of the reasons you never watched it again. Plus in that show a big part of it is how the audience member reacts.So if a lame member is picked it kills one of the funniest aspects of the show. But besides the audience members reactions for the most part Horror Make Up is line by line the same exact show that's been open forever. This is true with Sinbad and T2 etc. This I believe will also be a problem with whatever new show opens up where T2 was.

Show's nowadays simply go A-B-C-D and inside those sequences you can make some small variations based on current events and add new jokes. What they should have is more of a tree A-B1 or B2 ->C1-C2 or C3 etc This would allow the shows to remain fresh. Obviously the big effects would stay the same but stuff like the fighting can change. When over ten years later you know the zombie monster in Sinbad will be kicked then swept since nothing changed it gets rid of any element of surprise and destroys immersion.

Oh really... a huge presence in what park?

z8iHnsL.gif