Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

The very Best thing about the Cinemagic show was Morgan Freeman's narration. Hopefully they get him to narrate the new show before another fake news story of his death gets circulated.
Yes! This combined with music from BTTF and E.T. made this show great. While I'm sure they will improve the show in the technical aspects, I have serious doubts it will be anything as great as that combination.

When I was there last month the projectors are "meh". So much of the film is black/dark backgrounds- and to project from that far a dark image, it all comes out washed out/grey. The film needs updated more than the projectors (which also need updated, of course). Film wil likely focus on brighter images/colors and less blacks; as has been the trend everywhere else.

I was just watching Ken Burns Civil War documentary last night w/ Freeman doing parts of the narration. David Attenborough is the only one arguably better.

David McCullough is pretty good, too.

They're working overtime on this. They know that F&F won't be conductive to drawing ppl into what will be a slightly harpooned park in 2018. Give ppl a reason to come back at night.

But it better be good... do BTTF while Chris Lloyd is still alive
I'm really rooting for them to knock this out of the park...let's hope they do it...The other shows they've had weren't bad by any means, but they were just clip shows

From the TM Newsletter this week:
D5Tyumq.jpg

I think it will be a mistake if they keep referring back to the old show. Barely anyone stayed for the cinematic spectacular which was anything but spectacular. They need to up their game A LOT if they want to compete with Disney.

Disney realized they were missing out on money by not staying open later and having shops and eateries open, so they push for fantastic night shows to keep everyone in the park and then everyone stays inside eating and buying more souvenirs.

At Universal after 7Pm (when I was at Disney and Uni this year late Aug, early Sept) everything starts to close. Most of the food places are already shut down, which is a time most people grab dinner. So you either leave the park for City Walk or hold in the hunger. But after eating and walking, Universal might be open for another hour or less. Forget about IOA, I feel like their nighttime schedule is following grandpa's bedtime. On the dot, you'll have most of the shop's close and the guests all leaving. While at Disney the rides just shut down at closing time and the shops are still open late giving the day a much more extended time. This makes the Disney parks feel more like an all day thing.

If Universal wants to compete they REALLY need to not only have a great night time, but they need to keep everything open later. Plus Disney's giant connected stores really allow for people to wander around and not feel cramped. Uni needs to look into replicating some of these advantages Disney has over them.

I think it will be a mistake if they keep referring back to the old show. Barely anyone stayed for the cinematic spectacular which was anything but spectacular. They need to up their game A LOT if they want to compete with Disney.

Disney realized they were missing out on money by not staying open later and having shops and eateries open, so they push for fantastic night shows to keep everyone in the park and then everyone stays inside eating and buying more souvenirs.

At Universal after 7Pm (when I was at Disney and Uni this year late Aug, early Sept) everything starts to close. Most of the food places are already shut down, which is a time most people grab dinner. So you either leave the park for City Walk or hold in the hunger. But after eating and walking, Universal might be open for another hour or less. Forget about IOA, I feel like their nighttime schedule is following grandpa's bedtime. On the dot, you'll have most of the shop's close and the guests all leaving. While at Disney the rides just shut down at closing time and the shops are still open late giving the day a much more extended time. This makes the Disney parks feel more like an all day thing.

If Universal wants to compete they REALLY need to not only have a great night time, but they need to keep everything open later. Plus Disney's giant connected stores really allow for people to wander around and not feel cramped. Uni needs to look into replicating some of these advantages Disney has over them.

Agree, however there's a reason Uni can't do this: hotel rooms. Disney has the advantage of having more hotel rooms onsite which means that guests rely on Disney's transportation system without having too worry about getting to their hotel room late with a stroller. Once Uni has more hotel rooms on-site, than we will see more late closings.

Agree, however there's a reason Uni can't do this: hotel rooms. Disney has the advantage of having more hotel rooms onsite which means that guests rely on Disney's transportation system without having too worry about getting to their hotel room late with a stroller. Once Uni has more hotel rooms on-site, than we will see more late closings.

Well I hope that is the only logistical reason for the lack of late night openings. Hopefully with the hotels opening in the south property that should meet whatever threshold that would make it profitable for the parks to stay open late. That was supposed to be VB's big draw for it to be a late night water park. This never really materialized. Yet again it's problem which was hyped, was a great late night show which is non-existent.

Universal does not have a great track record for shows especially for late night ones, which is probably why I'm not very confident in Universal's ability to change their stripes and make a great show. It's why we believe that Universal may just make some Cine Spec update and believe the show is on a new level. Even smaller parks like SeaWorld destroy Universal on its nightly show offerings.