Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

To be fair, Kong was always going to rely on screens, but it was going to be bolstered by having a strong supporting cast of AA's. That changed and we got what we go.

SLoP has had some changes, but the ride we will get is not screen-reliant.

2 scenarios that would have been nice
1) Use screens as backdrops up until the 360 scene...AA's up front
2) Do an Indiana Jones type ride with lots of sets and AA's..

I do know Universal wanted to bring the 360 scene to Orlando...and what we got was significantly better than just a 360 scene...If this was 2008 Universal they would have given us an outdoor covered queue and the 360 scene and called it a day..

Now whether or not the 360 scene was needed or not in Orlando is debatable...But you can always argue that we definitely got the plussed version of Kong...and we are getting the plussed version of F&F

Wait, I just defended F&F....someone kill me

2 scenarios that would have been nice
1) Use screens as backdrops up until the 360 scene...AA's up front
2) Do an Indiana Jones type ride with lots of sets and AA's..

I do know Universal wanted to bring the 360 scene to Orlando...and what we got was significantly better than just a 360 scene...If this was 2008 Universal they would have given us an outdoor covered queue and the 360 scene and called it a day..

Now whether or not the 360 scene was needed or not in Orlando is debatable...But you can always argue that we definitely got the plussed version of Kong...and we are getting the plussed version of F&F

Wait, I just defended F&F....someone kill me
I think - money. They built a nice building

Yep, a

nd that was with the rockwork, AAs and ride vehicles. This will not be near that. I may be wrong but 17 mil for that building would be high in the non-theme park world
Hmmm I do know FJ cost $131 million; Mummy cost around $40 million; and even HRRR cost $45 million...So I figured Kong landed somewhere at the higher end of that...Could be mistaken though

Hmmm I do know FJ cost $131 million; Mummy cost around $40 million; and even HRRR cost $45 million...So I figured Kong landed somewhere at the higher end of that...Could be mistaken though
About 150 is what I heard.

Don't know what F&F will end up but Much less to build less rock and less AAs and Less RVs.

About 150 is what I heard.

Don't know what F&F will end up but Much less to build less rock and less AAs and Less RVs.
I was trying to clarify where your $17 million came from

If I remember correctly, Teebin said Kong was in the vicinity of $110 million to $130 million.
Just saw this, that's what I thought

At the very least, we should be getting more for what is being spent

I was trying to clarify where your $17 million came from

Just saw this, that's what I thought

At the very least, we should be getting more for what is being spent
17 mil for a building, they spend more for what is inside. We all know theme park spending is obscene

Just watched Fast 8, was as usual a fun movie, popped the BR version in (I watched the 4K one) and there is an advert for the ride on the beginning load up with the trailers This is the UK version not sure if other versions have it as well though I would guess so)
Good marketing move.

From everything I've read, heard, seen... the day this soft opens (much earlier in the year than Kong did) is going to be a snarky one. I can picture the jokes now. Virtual Line will be welcome on this attraction for sure, will minimize impact and make the GP totally fine with it. But us fans will probably point to it as a meme for years to come.

From everything I've read, heard, seen... the day this soft opens (much earlier in the year than Kong did) is going to be a snarky one. I can picture the jokes now. Virtual Line will be welcome on this attraction for sure, will minimize impact and make the GP totally fine with it. But us fans will probably point to it as a meme for years to come.

To be fair it seems that way on here already.

So I finally got to ride Kong (for the first time) the other day. After having done the tram tour in Hollywood then the plussed version of Kong here I was pleasantly surprised at how effective it was and a great re-purposing of the core of the ride.

I think this will be very similar. A smart addition to the park that will add a new attraction with a lot more appeal to the public than the attraction it replaced. The return on investment will be great with Universal smartly re-purposing and plussing an existing attraction rather than developing something completely new. Could they have done something better, yes, but for a LOT more money and with the limited space they have this was the smart thing to do. I was pleasantly surprised by Kong's sense of speed created and can see that working well for F&F as well.

Personally I don't give a rat's ass about F&F. I've never seen any of the movies, but millions of people have and seem to love them. This is one more (relevant) attraction that has help to bring the park up to date as well as offering new experiences that will keep guests coming back. Just like Fallon, just like Transformers, just like Minions. They have a huge new audience coming to Universal who never used to until Potter, and now they are trying to give them more reasons to come back.