Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

I really really really really hope that Universal never closes this attraction. :( This is my favorite ride in the ENTIRE resort. When I think universal I never think Harry Potter, Kong, Hulk, and old school classic universal rides. I think of Revenge of the Mummy! Losing this ride would be a HUGE blow to me personally. In my opinion I see MIB(mostly because it's a licensed IP that's losing popularity like T2) and ET(extremely dated but I know Spielberg wants to keep it) are leaving before mummy. How many years do you think Mummy has for this world?

I really really really really hope that Universal never closes this attraction. :( This is my favorite ride in the ENTIRE resort. When I think universal I never think Harry Potter, Kong, Hulk, and old school classic universal rides. I think of Revenge of the Mummy! Losing this ride would be a HUGE blow to me personally. In my opinion I see MIB(mostly because it's a licensed IP that's losing popularity like T2) and ET(extremely dated but I know Spielberg wants to keep it) are leaving before mummy. How many years do you think Mummy has for this world?

I'm with you on loving this ride. It's easily my favorite in Studios.

As for number of years, I don't believe we have any reason to think it's in any immediate danger of going away. Universal's got so much on its plate for the next several years with the two theme parks it already has, to say nothing of the next theme park it will eventually be building.

Safe forever? Likely not. Safe for a good while? I would say so.

I'm with you on loving this ride. It's easily my favorite in Studios.

As for number of years, I don't believe we have any reason to think it's in any immediate danger of going away. Universal's got so much on its plate for the next several years with the two theme parks it already has, to say nothing of the next theme park it will eventually be building.

Safe forever? Likely not. Safe for a good while? I would say so.
I'm usually a big fan of change. But, this is the one ride that made me a big fan of Universal Studios! I know it's going to be replaced someday because the movie is outdated and rebooted with another film that didn't do well. But, I agree that the ride has a lot of life in it yet because Comcast is so busy with the resort. I think the ride has another strong 10 years? Do you agree? Or to long or short?

But don't worry...they're building a brand new version of Mummy based on Singapore's version in Lost Continent in place of Sindbad

There is a two-story operations building behind Sindbad that could be annexed for future park expansion. I’m picturing more of a replacement for Poseidon, as a boat ride that follows up and over the service road to that area for some bigger show scenes. Kinda like a Pirates/Maelstrom level ride.

But that said, I really don’t see that (or Revenge of the Mummy moving) happening.

Wait I don't think Mummy's closing?
If they want to retheme it they can do Back to the Future, with the Hill Valley Courthouse Exterior, slight retrack for the cars to reach 88 mph, and the fake ending with Biff.
But if it ain't broke, don't fix. Who cares if the new mummy movie flopped. It didn't need to be remade. The ride is amazing even with Brendan Fraser. All the ride needs is sometlc and cleanup, and restoring the turntable scene :)

I think the reason people love the Mummy so much is because its one of the few rides left that still feel like something different than what you can get at home. Its got everything....coaster, fire, animatronics, dark ride elements, special effects....and its not screen reliant. Honestly, if we are cloning things, let's clone the heck out of the Mummy at least 5 more times around the resort.

I think the reason people love the Mummy so much is because its one of the few rides left that still feel like something different than what you can get at home. Its got everything....coaster, fire, animatronics, dark ride elements, special effects....and its not screen reliant. Honestly, if we are cloning things, let's clone the heck out of the Mummy at least 5 more times around the resort.
You are correct sir

Last edited:
The Mummy is one of those attractions that grows on me. It's better with repeat rides. Plus the queue is so good, I often forgo my Hotel Express to experience it through Stand By, as long as the line's not too long.