Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 236 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Don't get me wrong, I like a good queue. But I'd much rather the good stuff be on the actual ride. I really hate when people defend a bad ride by saying it has a good queue.
Exactly.

A good/great queue is expected these days. But the ride can't become secondary.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Yeah, I’m late to the party, I know, but I just rode Fallon for the first time on Wednesday. I hit that first thing when I arrived at the park thinking, “might as well get this over with.”

First off, the queue does look really, REALLY nice. I love how it fits the NY aesthetic. It felt like I wasn’t in a theme park being upstairs. They were rushing crowds through so I didn’t get the chance to look in the lobby on the first floor. However, this does continue what I like to call, the “Universal syndrome” where the queue is better than the ride itself.

The ride itself was.....not terrible. I didn’t hate it, but I would be totally fine with never riding it again. The humor relied heavily on how ridiculous the whole experience was and was kind of funny in some parts. Also, the motion was smooth, but maybe a little too smooth. It was at the point to where it wasn’t quite “thrilling” and felt more comparable to something like Honey I Shrunk the Audience with a little more motion range. This is coming from a rider who sat on the far left side in the middle row. I was pleased with how the screen covered my entire peripheral most of the time, making me buy the experience more.

Overall, definitely not the best ride Uni has ever done, but not the worst (It’s either Shrek or Supercharged). It’s more fun than I expected it to be, but this will get old fast. Not exactly ecstatic about this likely coming to my neck of the woods in LA.

Universal must be sweating hoping nothing involving Jimmy Fallon comes out right about now. Not saying it will or he is guilty of anything because he most likely isn't, just pointing out to the fact I found it incredibly risky to base an attraction on a real-life, active person in show business. One thing and boom, the whole concept of the ride changes. Say he gets an DUI or something, that would not look good for them. I just found it risky.

Universal must be sweating hoping nothing involving Jimmy Fallon comes out right about now. Not saying it will or he is guilty of anything because he most likely isn't, just pointing out to the fact I found it incredibly risky to base an attraction on a real-life, active person in show business. One thing and boom, the whole concept of the ride changes. Say he gets an DUI or something, that would not look good for them. I just found it risky.

I would imagine that Jimmy and/or his people are smart enough to know that Jimmy shouldn't drive. I am not saying I know anything about him, but from anything I have heard, he seems to be good people, just too much a frat/party/Animal House wind down type person who likes to be the life of the party. I also hear he is very into his family.

Kind of sucks in our world that Comedians seem to be the most troubles folks out there...

I would imagine that Jimmy and/or his people are smart enough to know that Jimmy shouldn't drive. I am not saying I know anything about him, but from anything I have heard, he seems to be good people, just too much a frat/party/Animal House wind down type person who likes to be the life of the party. I also hear he is very into his family.

Kind of sucks in our world that Comedians seem to be the most troubles folks out there...
Anything can happen really. Look at plenty of famous professional sports players, movie actors etc, who have millions but still end up getting DUIs. Im sure Jimmy is fine, I was just pointing it out more on Uni's end. Incredible risk.

If you think that's risky, think about F&F, which features all of the current main cast.

Reactions: fryoj
If you think that's risky, think about F&F, which features all of the current main cast.
True but thats more a movie with actors. One single actor doesnt define the movie/ride as a whole. Im sure editing out someone would be simple. Jimmy on the other hand is a whole ride/concept devoted to him. Everything based on him, his show, his characters, his panda. I dont know just the way I feel. Like look at Louis CK. Hes being replaced in SLOP2 but that wont hurt the movie or the incoming ride.

Reactions: Clive
True but thats more a movie with actors. One single actor doesnt define the movie/ride as a whole. Im sure editing out someone would be simple. Jimmy on the other hand is a whole ride/concept devoted to him. Everything based on him, his show, his characters, his panda. I dont know just the way I feel. Like look at Louis CK. Hes being replaced in SLOP2 but that wont hurt the movie or the incoming ride.

So if it comes out the Vin Diesel is a child molester or some other terrible thing, you thing they will keep making F&F movies?

The list of comedian suicides & issues goes pretty far back. It often seems the laughter/joke facade is hiding lots of personal demons.

Well, Disney was happy to reshow Cap EO after MJ's death although there were a ton of reports and "coming to a agreements by paying off victims" things happening when he was alive....

well, child stars whose parents exploit them... that is even more tragic than comedians...sadly (most likely just reputation w/o merit...I do not know)...for WDW, I imagine it was easier to show EO after MJ's passing than it would have been during his last few years...

Anything can happen really. Look at plenty of famous professional sports players, movie actors etc, who have millions but still end up getting DUIs. Im sure Jimmy is fine, I was just pointing it out more on Uni's end. Incredible risk.

Well it does seem that when Jimmy drives he ends up on the moon so maybe it is best he stay off the roads..........:lol:

So if it comes out the Vin Diesel is a child molester or some other terrible thing, you thing they will keep making F&F movies?
Maybe not now because there are 10 or so movies, but if it happened back in the beginning, uhhh yea absolutely they would. They would just kill off his character and move on. You think they will let that stop them from making millions?! No way.