Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

The GP loves Horror Make Up.

Don’t know if that’s true, but it’s kinda the mission statement for the original USF Park, and something I always label as a “Must-Do” for first-time guests. The show has such a different tone or humor to anything at Disney, plus jabs at tourists and Disney itself, in a way Disney would never do back these days.

Sure, we have gotten Shrek, Simpsons, and more that parody Disney, but HMU (and Disaster, but that’s gone) went the extra mile. They really sold the freewheeling, improv aspect that dared to push the boundary of family-friendly. It also makes it repeatable for APs (to the point of audience members spoiling the punchlines to the jokes). That to me, is what USF is all about: subverting the Disney tropes and image. It’s very on-brand for Universal, but that in-your-face 90’s attitude is slowly leaving the resort as attractions get replaced.

z8iHnsL.gif

Hotel in the wet and wild car park plot it is then. Is it?

Alright, I started asking questions. No one would tell me specifics on what's coming, but I got some insight on why it's taking so long. Basically, there's some necessary work going on backstage to better support the new show. That possibly includes an expanded armory.

So, unless they're adding heavy munitions to a Dreamworks film or the Barton Bellas start blowing stuff up, it's a live-action stunt show.

Alright, I started asking questions. No one would tell me specifics on what's coming, but I got some insight on why it's taking so long. Basically, there's some necessary work going on backstage to better support the new show. That possibly includes an expanded armory.

So, unless they're adding heavy munitions to a Dreamworks film or the Barton Bellas start blowing stuff up, it's a live-action stunt show.

Actually, in Pitch Perfect 3, they do. :lol:

giphy.gif