Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

There is a two-story operations building behind Sindbad that could be annexed for future park expansion. I’m picturing more of a replacement for Poseidon, as a boat ride that follows up and over the service road to that area for some bigger show scenes. Kinda like a Pirates/Maelstrom level ride.

But that said, I really don’t see that (or Revenge of the Mummy moving) happening.
I was kidding.

If Mummy leaves, it's not going to be rebuilt anywhere else.

I had no idea that Mummy had a production tour. The MIB equivalent tour is my favorite part of the ride. I love that there's a secret part of the ride just for theme park fans "in the know"

I'm feeling cynical lately, but I'm not ready for Universal to shut down Mummy or MIB. They haven't lately proved that they're capable of building these kinds of classic rides that don't end up being screens + novel ride system. MIB and Mummy have such charm because it feels more visceral than the screen-heavy rides.

The ride is very inconsistent. Sometimes it slow, other times it's fast. I rode it during horror nights and I literally thought the ride was going to get stuck of how slow it was going. And there were two entire rows empty. This ride is good but really outdated, and it's starting to smell in the archeological dig set type room. This ride is amazing but needs refurbishments. I don't really think anyone really cares what the rides about, it's just good. I wouldn't recommend taking it out.

Wait, Trolls trolling Trolls rumors, I love the humor some folks around here have.

I love this coaster, but the entire ride really should be built with a better budget/redone with lessons learned or something.

I guess that is why I would not mind seeing this one change someday.

This may be an unpopular opinion but I think if this ride were to ever get a bit of a redo, I'd... genericize it, a bit. As in, remove most of the direct story references to the Mummy movies. Instead just keep the same tone, atmosphere, etc. of the ride, but make it into a timeless, standalone story instead of plugging in a super old film series that's already been unsuccessfully rebooted. I feel like the attraction could stand the test of time and appeal to more people if they went this route, IMO. But I know it'll never happen since everything has to be IPs at UOR.

This may be an unpopular opinion but I think if this ride were to ever get a bit of a redo, I'd... genericize it, a bit. As in, remove most of the direct story references to the Mummy movies. Instead just keep the same tone, atmosphere, etc. of the ride, but make it into a timeless, standalone story instead of plugging in a super old film series that's already been unsuccessfully rebooted. I feel like the attraction could stand the test of time and appeal to more people if they went this route, IMO. But I know it'll never happen since everything has to be IPs at UOR.
I would love to see it get a classic monsters overlay honestly..Each scene is a different Monster movie..We could finally get that Monster ride we've always wanted haha

So I wrote earlier about my worry about this attraction closing in the future. People are all commenting that this attraction won't be closing anytime soon. I 100% agree. There has been some solid ideas of a possible replacement. I love the Monster ride idea and a few others. I personally wish King Kong could of returned to its former home. But, we all know that won't be happening ever again. Anyway, what are some other good replacement ideas that can fit in New York?

Also, USF now lacks water rides. Is it possible to build some sort of water ride in that soundstage? Let me know.

So I wrote earlier about my worry about this attraction closing in the future. People are all commenting that this attraction won't be closing anytime soon. I 100% agree. There has been some solid ideas of a possible replacement. I love the Monster ride idea and a few others. I personally wish King Kong could of returned to its former home. But, we all know that won't be happening ever again. Anyway, what are some other good replacement ideas that can fit in New York?

Also, USF now lacks water rides. Is it possible to build some sort of water ride in that soundstage? Let me know.

I have no inside knowledge, but I feel Mummy really needs work, so I would (at some point) expect a redo or a replacement.

Now, for the sound stages, i’m Just not sure they would ever drop them or make a ride out of any of them. I know filming and such has moved to GA for a lot of production, but I do wonder if FL still has the ton of commercial (as in making commercials) that it once had....but they still seem to rent space out or us it themselves (ride models or something)...I think i’ve heard a school uses one...I think wrestling comes and goes...I know they moved Nick Studios out from being a part of the park to being a part of City Walk for BMG, but for the others, it is kind of a barrier between gates and truly backstage so to say...plus, it is not like they’ve used the Studios expansion plot behind MIB yet nor has IOA used it Seuss expansion plot yet....so i just imagine they would build there before considering closing a sound stage.

Just my opinion though!