Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure Farewell Tour

Caught the 12:30 show tonight, second time i've seen the show so far. I laughed out loud during the How Far I'll Go parody when she sang something like "i'm a girl, you're a boy and there's apartments behind meeee" :lol:

I must've missed that the first time I saw it. I love how it pokes fun at the apartments built on the land Uni sold back when they needed money to build Potter (that was why right?).
She actually calls out the apartments by name, the line is "Bell Apartments behind me". Also last show of the night is almost always one of the best, especially if you've already seen the show once or twice. They let loose a little and do some extra ad-libbing.

She actually calls out the apartments by name, the line is "Bell Apartments behind me". Also last show of the night is almost always one of the best, especially if you've already seen the show once or twice. They let loose a little and do some extra ad-libbing.
The audience is the best, too. All the hardcores.

Sextail was really working the crowd in that show which I attributed to it being a pretty engaged audience, not something he normally does. It was great.

Yeah my last B&T was a Sunday 12:30 show and it was.... buzzard. Besides having the b show Sean Spicer it was amazing.

I was thinking, couldnt uni just stop borrowing so much from Saturday night live and ACTUALLY make a SNL halloween live show? Or create some kind of version of the show for the park? There would be able to keep the dancing and the pop culture jokes but having the snl name would bring a lot of people in.

I was thinking, couldnt uni just stop borrowing so much from Saturday night live and ACTUALLY make a SNL halloween live show? Or create some kind of version of the show for the park? There would be able to keep the dancing and the pop culture jokes but having the snl name would bring a lot of people in.

I imagine if Lorne Michaels heard about this year's show, he'd react about as well as Disney did in 2006.

So theoretically yes. But I don't see the powers that run SNL agreeing to it even if it's in-house. And as of November 6, HHN is out of the business of doing parody shows.

And as of November 6, HHN is out of the business of doing parody shows.
This! I know we can debate why they are cancelling B&T, but they've clearly had issues with this type of show. There’s no way they’re going to just start another similar show with parodies and offensive stuff. Even if B&T somehow returns in the future I think it would be a different type of show.

I just hope Uni has something to add next year for capacity.

If they did, they would've added it 10 years ago. I'm sure they didn't hire Brian Bushwood, and The Enigma, and Robosaurus, and a faux RHPS company with the hope that all of them would draw mediocre crowds. For whatever reason, B&T and arguably Jack are the only shows to click with the HHN audience.

I could see them going with 3-4 small shows next year instead of replacing B&T. It could help draw in the same numbers with a more diverse offering.

Or maybe they’ll move AoV to FFL, if they think it could pull in the same numbers.

I imagine if Lorne Michaels heard about this year's show, he'd react about as well as Disney did in 2006.

So theoretically yes. But I don't see the powers that run SNL agreeing to it even if it's in-house. And as of November 6, HHN is out of the business of doing parody shows.

it always amazes me that uni risks it by doing this show and amazes me that none of the companies/ movies/ celebrities being parodied never find out ( except disney)
The show gets thousands of views every week, you would think someone would tweet them about it.

This! I know we can debate why they are cancelling B&T, but they've clearly had issues with this type of show. There’s no way they’re going to just start another similar show with parodies and offensive stuff. Even if B&T somehow returns in the future I think it would be a different type of show.

I would be happy if the dance numbers were the only thing that came back lol.
Those are always my favorite parts of the show every year.

Specially when they have the actors come out as different singers. So i do hope whatever comes back would be as fun as those dance numbers.
I couldnt care less about the parodies and about the movie references but im going to miss those endings so much

it always amazes me that uni risks it by doing this show and amazes me that none of the companies/ movies/ celebrities being parodied never find out ( except disney)
The show gets thousands of views every week, you would think someone would tweet them about it.

Specially when they have the actors come out as different singers. So i do hope whatever comes back would be as fun as those dance numbers.
I couldnt care less about the parodies and about the movie references but im going to miss those endings so much
Yeah I would be happy with that as well if it ever happened. Of course I was a fan of Bill & Ted before the show, so anything with them would make me happy. The funny thing is that’s essentially what the show was originally. They added the pop culture references and offensive stuff over time as it evolved.

Hey, how about just music and dance? Some sort of Weird Al type musical dance show....like the ‘do you wanna eat a snow cone’...it could still be parades, but in song, it might not offend....

I mean, does anyone ever listen to the lyrics people like Neil Diamond or whoever have had commercial success with??

What’s that tune Cracking Rose or something....think about what he is singing about...what is she? A store bought women...what material crackles?