HHN Drink Changes | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Drink Changes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
about banning kids at HHN, heres the thing,
On facebook I have seen that same subject brought up at different groups and the same thing always happens, Very angry parents will come in and start to argue and start to attack people suggesting the banning of kids. Parents will say that you have no right to tell them how to raise their kids, to get off your high horse and that their kids have seen horror movies since they were babies lol.

People will argue back and forth and the parents will get angrier and their posts longer and longer. to the point that they start to talk about boycotting and protesting at universal if they ever ban their 4 year old from entering the park.
There is a very vocal, very proactive group of parents that would probably riot if their kids cant visit the event. I am really sure Universal would both hate this kind of thing go viral and would probably hate the backlash from it.

Obviously people are free to do whatever they want and I AM also aware that there are small kids that can handle the event. I have seen very young kids walking around and they are fine. I don't have an opinion on whether kids should be banned or not.
I just find it funny and interesting than when the opinion that kids don't belong at HHN you have this hardcore horror fans or HHN fans that will raise hell if that happened.
OR also people that come from other states that have to bring their kid with them also get furious because if the kid cannot go to HHN the parents cannot go either, even if the kid is like 3

I had one of those this year at HHN enjoying a drink at the Simpsons stay and scream area, I in no way look underage. Asked for ID showed him my UK drivers license, he goes that isn't a US drivers license I will have to take that, um no you wont as its a UK license as it clearly states on it, fortunately he had an older partner who basically told him to stop being a dick as it was obvious I was of age and my license just from a different country.

Ughh this doesn't sound good. We fly over for our fourth HHN year in a row on Sunday. I was looking forward to it and have even brought a newbie with me after telling him good and relaxed the atmosphere is there. After reading on sites about drink options being cut back now this it sounds like its going to be a bit dull.

Me and my girlfriend went 5 nights this year, we travelled from the UK so I drunk pretty much every night we were at the event , some nights more than others and not once did we have any issues with any security, police or bar tenders.

There were times when she wasn't drinking that I'd hand her my drink to hold while I went to the restrooms or fumbled in my pockets and we had no one come over to us at any point.

Also I had my passport for ID, because at HHN25 they wouldn't accept my drivers license due to it being slightly snapped, however my girlfriend used her UK drivers license this year and didn't have any issues.

I feel like there's not a lot problems compared to the amount of alcohol and the size of the event, at least less than you expect compared to similar events with alcohol. I honestly expect more than there is every time we come, and we always come back feeling like people are making some of the stories up or exaggerating, but as someone mentioned people are more likely to complain than to compliment a chilled event.

Only one issue we did come across was one Scottish girl was very rowdy, pushing the queue fences in line for scarecrow and lots of shouting. But security were watching her and sent someone in the maze after them, and before us to keep an eye.

Edit: Also apart from it being more tedious to get mixed drinks, like vodka lemonade etc. It was not any more difficult to drink, or get a bit loosey goosey, we did Springfield stay and scream and just sat at duffs every time, was great. (Which btw do have vodka and other spirits/liquor)

People are not going to post about how easy and relaxed their time was so we get reports of over zealous security. Takes a special mindset to work that job.
I will say, I found it odd that ALL of the "Bar" tents had no lines. Literally, walk up and get a drink.

And why do all the ladies go to the restroom at Fallon? It had a line out the door and down the sidewalk while the ones by Beverly Hills Boulangerie and Mummy were empty?

Ughh this doesn't sound good. We fly over for our fourth HHN year in a row on Sunday. I was looking forward to it and have even brought a newbie with me after telling him good and relaxed the atmosphere is there. After reading on sites about drink options being cut back now this it sounds like its going to be a bit dull.

FWIW I had perfectly fine experiences chilling at Moes and Duff my whole visit. Sounds like things change weekend to weekend so no reason to freak out.

Reactions: Horrornightsste
I agree but still doesn’t excuse how that cop acted.
That and the several reports of the same actions by security in the past. Does seem to be a pattern here. I do understand their paranoia over any minor drinking or being encouraged to drink by others in their party. Saw this play out at Finn's last year, one of the tables by the bandstand. The table was cleared and did not see where the people were taken.

That and the several reports of the same actions by security in the past. Does seem to be a pattern here. I do understand their paranoia over any minor drinking or being encouraged to drink by others in their party. Saw this play out at Finn's last year, one of the tables by the bandstand. The table was cleared and did not see where the people were taken.
"And something Terrible happens";)

Reactions: Joel and Disneyhead
I will say, I found it odd that ALL of the "Bar" tents had no lines. Literally, walk up and get a drink.

And why do all the ladies go to the restroom at Fallon? It had a line out the door and down the sidewalk while the ones by Beverly Hills Boulangerie and Mummy were empty?

I’ve always assumed it is because all of the soundstages are up there. I always ask my wife why she starts heading that way when she needs to go, never get a good answer....but I keep trying to tell her that she has been visiting this event long enough to know that those are the last rest rooms she wants to use at HHN!

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm almost positive that had I not been with 2 ladies that looked possibly underage, there wouldn't have been any issues.

So the girls with u had their ids....

But, what would have happened if they were underage???

Specially because the cop said you were "Lucky"

You'll be fine. If you're all 21 you don't have to worry about anything, as everyone says you may have to travel further to get a mixed drink but our group of 15 people we're all decently drunk the entire night. I also had wine stains down my entire shirt and never once got bothered. It seems like Dave just had bad luck mixed with his daughter/friend looking underage and Jerky McJerkface security/cops.

EDIT: I'll also add that I was equally worried before hand, but I quickly forgot this was even an issue

EDIT EDIT: the wine stains down my shirt weren't my fault, I was taking a sip of wine while walking and SOME TINY KID AT HHN ran right into me.. spilled some on his head by accident. luckily the parents realized it wasn't my fault and disciplined the kid for running into me.

Last edited:
FWIW I had perfectly fine experiences chilling at Moes and Duff my whole visit. Sounds like things change weekend to weekend so no reason to freak out.

You'll be fine. If you're all 21 you don't have to worry about anything, as everyone says you may have to travel further to get a mixed drink but our group of 15 people we're all decently drunk the entire night. I also had wine stains down my entire shirt and never once got bothered. It seems like Dave just had bad luck mixed with his daughter/friend looking underage and brown eye security/cops.

EDIT: I'll also add that I was equally worried before hand, but I quickly forgot this was even an issue

EDIT EDIT: the wine stains down my shirt weren't my fault, I was taking a sip of wine while walking and SOME TINY KID AT HHN ran right into me.. spilled some on his head by accident. luckily the parents realized it wasn't my fault and disciplined the kid for running into me.

Ah good seems they are just clamping down on the way some people over do it. To be fair we are all in our 30s but I in particular get challenged every time I buy a drink in the states. I guessed they just do it with everyone. I'll just keep my passport or DL on me. Can't wait to get there now. Sunday night bring on the mixed drinks that taste like crap but you still just have to buy them!