Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When it pops up in Orlando Weekly...

Orlando Weekly is going to quote a random nobody, who was just going along with another poster's joke whom you didn't chide, saying that the uni/dis negotiations resulted in Dis having to pay Uni to use GotG, but you think they won't quote a moderator of the most connected Uni board on the internet saying the ride is budgeted at $900M?

K

Maybe some folks need to be reminded that they're not the PR department for a major theme park and no one is paying them to spin things or do damage control.

Unless they are, in that case it calls for some disclosures.

Reactions: fryoj
The budget I heard (from about a year ago) was FY 20 was $450 million for GOTG with an additional $300 million the same FY for other projects in EPCOT including Coco for Mexico and the Main Entrance plus other stuff.

The budget I heard (from about a year ago) was FY 20 was $450 million for GOTG with an additional $300 million the same FY for other projects in EPCOT including Coco for Mexico and the Main Entrance plus other stuff.

Even at that price, it had better instantly become the greatest ride on the planet the moment it opens. Nothing else could justify that insane expenditure.

Reactions: alias8703
Even at that price, it had better instantly become the greatest ride on the planet the moment it opens. Nothing else could justify that insane expenditure.

Well the good news is that it's only a little bit of Epcot's budget. Seriously, AK and DHS were built using Epcot's expansion budget at their relative timeframes.

Maybe it will be a throwback to old Epcot and be a lengthy attraction. The $900M includes a full-length feature film they're shooting for it :p

No way can the ride itself be $900M. Must include other stuff like most people here are saying.

Reactions: alias8703
Only a small sign goes probably for 1 M. Disney is crazy bad in containing costs except when its paying their castmembers.

True.

Isn't M:S the current reigning champ for most expensive ride at 300 million?

And isn't Guardian's expansion building bigger than all of M:S?

Even at 450 mil that's insane for a coaster unless that includes paying Chris Pratt to ride with everyone as Star Lord.

Even at 450 mil that's insane for a coaster unless that includes paying Chris Pratt to ride with everyone as Star Lord.

I'm sure things like this will be included in their contracts for movies when they're filmed.

This is the nice thing about a parent company owning the IP in theme park world. It also shows the difficulties when Universal would want to use actors from the MCU in MSHI.

And to pay for it, every remaining square inch of World Showcase will become a Food & Wine booth to be kept open all year-round.

The $900 million is correct, but it is not just for GotG. It is for GotG, Brave, MS Restaurant, Coco, and the Entrance Resort. Rat was lumped in with MMRRR and MK Theater.
I can't wait for the $300 a day tickets too

Epcot is getting DisneySea'ed?
I got DisneySea'ed during spring break once...I was experimenting a bit during college...gotta find yourself you know