Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometime before DA I believe I outlined my own imagination of what could replace DD, and because the idea I came up with was based on the Dragon Challenge theming and coaster elements that people wanted to see in Gringotts, the design became an unintentional prequel/sequel to FJ.
Essentially, my idea was based on the hope they could cram as much as possible into the DD space, adding a second alley to Hogmeade looping right from the seating area and remerging at the end of the town as it opens to the stage and the path to Hogwarts. From there I saw fitting a forbidden forest ride and pushing into the far upper corner a new DC the size of Hulk. the queue buildings would be disguised as mountainous rockwork.
Essentially, the ride itself would use the drop-track mechanic with a show area based on the dragon arena from the forth film mixed with the stadium covering from the World Cup, (the rock-work could have a fake miniature exterior arena atop the mountain) The cars of the coaster are the stadium seats which rotate into position, but not before Dumbledore introduces the challenge and the dragon through a dark gateway in the arena wall. The handlers loose control, fire shoots out, and it breaks from it's chain. The Horntail disappears into the dark and flies out above via the silhouette projection effect through the arena-covering tent. It could even be torn by the Horntail. Dumbledore casts a spell which sends the track with the cars crashing down through the 'wooden stage,' each car spins to face left as the Horntail AA crashes through the arena before spinning right and launching to 'escape' into the ride. I imagined a second forbidden forest ride which would be a slow dark ride using the thestral carts or the flying car, with a forest queue which gets denser before transitioning into an artificial forest interior.
I may be asking for too much out of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andysol
What if it was to start off in a building, with the use of drop tracks, rotating, like Gringotts, with the use of animatronics, as well as screens like Forbidden Journey, then “blasts outside” into the forbidden Forrest, with the use of outside animatronics. I’m not too knowledgeable on Harry Potter, can’t get into it, unless I’m at Universal Orlando!

It depends on what they intend to do on the ride system, I would think.

I would think the Angelia would be the most likely, as it has the most possibilities. But that's just me.

The idea has a lot of potential. It would be unique if the car actually had a roof in terms of how you would perceive the coaster itself. The main issue would be how close it is to a roller coaster. Is it going to be several trains made of Angelias which would ruin the illusion for everybody not in the front car or do you go for something similar to Mummy?

If Doc Brown can create an 8 seat DeLorean then I'm sure a little magic can create a 12 seat Angelia. A 5 second video in the queue explains how everybody is able to fit inside.

The more I think about this, the more I like it. A roof on the car can create total immersion from the ceiling if it all takes place within a show building.

hp wide.jpg

Last edited:
The books had multiple instances of cars with magically expanded seating so it is absolutely a possibility, both in authenticity and in the fact that it's just an effect of necessity within a park attraction.
I’m gonna need the car to pull up and then extend right in front of me. I want collapsible cars :p

Seriously though- I wonder if they could make it look like it expands with an optical illusion a la 9 3/4. That would be pretty badass and going that “extra mile”. That’d blow people’s minds just before getting on the ride.

Last edited:
It could finally be the "broomstick ride" everyone goes to the park asking to ride. Like you straddle a broomstick and away you go.

Oo, air bladders so you can feel the broomstick breathing? Haptics so you can feel it.. umm.. what it is a broomstick does?
Do broomsticks breath?

I’m gonna need the car to pull up and then extend right in front of me. I want collapsible cars :p

Seriously though- I wonder if they could make it look like it expands with an optical illusion a la 9 3/4. That would be pretty badass and going that “extra mile”. That’d blow people’s minds just before getting on the ride.

They could show a lifesize animated shot of the car pulling up and the screen would end at a post. The ride vehicle could then appear at the same time on the other side of the post and would look as if it were extending as the car in the screen slowly disappeared.

Reactions: Andysol
I'm honestly surprised that they still haven't fully removed dragon challenge. The ice coaster is still fully visible. I guess taking out two coasters is very time consuming.

I'm honestly surprised that they still haven't fully removed dragon challenge. The ice coaster is still fully visible. I guess taking out two coasters is very time consuming.

The whole coaster is not "fully visible" and if you went a few pages back you'd see this image.

ac4263ba-fb8d-4746-802a-baa25ce545bd-jpeg.5542

The whole coaster is not "fully visible" and if you went a few pages back you'd see this image.

ac4263ba-fb8d-4746-802a-baa25ce545bd-jpeg.5542
When was that photo taken?

So what's going to happen with the dragon challenge que building? Are they going to retheme it again or demolish it?

Status
Not open for further replies.