The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 961 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I do have to wonder if WB Tour adding the Yule Ball to their tour this holiday means the Yule ball may be coming to Orlando. It seems that when they announced their Forbidden Forest attraction for the Tour a few weeks later we got ours.

Nighttime lights in USH was about 5 min, this could be slightly longer but not much since it will be shown multiple times per night.

I could be wrong about this, but I'm under the circumstance that this may be similar to how Waterworld sets up, or at-least as far as I was told in the past for Hollywood. And considering that both of the coasts are going to probably have the same show, I am curious to see how things are handled for each side for reasons varied of both version.

I could be wrong about this, but I'm under the circumstance that this may be similar to how Waterworld sets up, or at-least as far as I was told in the past for Hollywood. And considering that both of the coasts are going to probably have the same show, I am curious to see how things are handled for each side for reasons varied of both version.

Have we figured out what the deal is with the JP dock area?

New show viewing area? Return of the boats?

The scale just looks awkward and wrong in the pics, but i guess when the support is revealed it could make sense - we shall see.

That owlry is way outta scale.

For a normal owl, yes, I’d say it’s out of scale. But looking at “not Hedwig” here- it just might be to scale. He’s huge.

hp-jpg.5589

So odd that that tower isn’t themed but THIS one is:
Probably because of a certain expansion in that area? :shrug:

The green one isn't themed because it is in JP, not Hogsmeade. And either A: They're gonna block it with new trees from view of the path, B: They think it looks like cool dinosaur tracking equipment this way, or C: They don't care about JP the way they do about HP.

So odd that that tower isn’t themed but THIS one is:
Probably because of a certain expansion in that area? :shrug:

The green one isn't themed because it is in JP, not Hogsmeade. And either A: They're gonna block it with new trees from view of the path, B: They think it looks like cool dinosaur tracking equipment this way, or C: They don't care about JP the way they do about HP.

Or it could be that they are waiting to get the projector installed and are going to remove the railing then use the brackets to support the covering. I cannot believe it will be left like this #workinprogress

The whole setup is just bizarre.. the eye bolts at the top of the projector cases.. the chain railing.. that was designed to be on the side of the projectors and their air units.. for some reason?

I really don't get it. I mean, I get the idea that is that someone could work on that platform without being tethered because of the chains... but why? Why not just have the tether and call it a day?

The whole setup is just bizarre.. the eye bolts at the top of the projector cases.. the chain railing.. that was designed to be on the side of the projectors and their air units.. for some reason?

I really don't get it. I mean, I get the idea that is that someone could work on that platform without being tethered because of the chains... but why? Why not just have the tether and call it a day?

I think permanent elevated platforms for serviceable equipment have to have some sort of railings/or fall protection. Or at least they did the last time I dealt with it. I'm surprised they allow chains and not make them be solid, but I don't deal with that enough to know the ins and outs. My assumption on this deal is that they have to have the chains and tethers.

Chains/rail/barrier or tether but not both.

There's also "administrative fall protection" which is flags and drawn lines near edges of roofs and such - but universal has a policy of not using it and instead using either a barrier or a fall prevention or fall arrest.

Tethers make it so you cant physically get to the edge to fall. Worst case scenario your legs dangle over.

On Forbidden Journey the ride ops attach via belts to tethers that attach to a cable system so they can walk around. They then have to build barrier so guests can exit the vehicles. When the barriers are up, the belts come off (because it's hard to move in them.)

For the areas where they can't just be on a catwalk or scenery to reach a vehicle, they roll platforms on stairs into place. Same belt, but once you pass a certain stair you attach to the tether point. You then build the barrier around the ride vehicle. It has the same two-chain design. It's chain because vehicle positions aren't perfect so the whole platform is an outer ring of pole slots. You place poles to fit the vehicle overlap. You then adjust the chains to reasonable lengths. Reasonable small gaps are acceptable, anything at/over a foot you have to block - usually by putting a tethered TM in the spot. Odd vehicle positions cause this.

So, all those company rules... I don't get why it's chains.. there's no reason that platform would have variable setups.

But I did recall that the poles actually hang. So maybe once all the equipment is installed those poles and chains completely break down and aren't visible until they're actively being used.

Reactions: awhen and 12th Man