Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

We're talking about a company that spent $260 million on The Little Mermaid ride in NFL. $450 million for an entirely new ride system and the Disney standard of theming is not out of line.

We're talking about a company that spent $260 million on The Little Mermaid ride in NFL. $450 million for an entirely new ride system and the Disney standard of theming is not out of line.

tumblr_miw1tbempe1rlid8ro1_250.gif

Hold up, Entrance Resort? Does that mean the entrance for Epcot is getting DisneySea'ed?

You might be more on the nose than we know.

They cant put it on the Energy side specifically because of Guardians and the land it takes up.

They've been working on "something" backstage behind and adjacent to Seas for a few months and no one (in our realm) knows what they're doing. If they built over the bus loop or adjacent to it, that'd be an interesting place to access the park.

Also, just for funsies, for whatever reason WDI designed signage/directionals for the Skyliner for Epcot's front entrance. If it will ever be used, as in the Skyliner was possibly going to go there or may in the future, dunno.

You might be more on the nose than we know.

They cant put it on the Energy side specifically because of Guardians and the land it takes up.

They've been working on "something" backstage behind and adjacent to Seas for a few months and no one (in our realm) knows what they're doing. If they built over the bus loop or adjacent to it, that'd be an interesting place to access the park.

Also, just for funsies, for whatever reason WDI designed signage/directionals for the Skyliner for Epcot's front entrance. If it will ever be used, as in the Skyliner was possibly going to go there or may in the future, dunno.
The resort is going over by the bus loop. That's why there's work going on behind Seas. I posted about this not too long ago.

Does entrance resort refer to the innoventions area and buildings?

Oops, I guess not. But isn’t that area of the park being rebuilt too? What budget will that fall under?

You can see how close Epcot's parking lot is to being at capacity.

And then this giant space for the new ride building - Energy is already a big building.

Also, that it takes up the spot that would be Epcot's parking lot expansion.

They've got to have plans to add a garage to Epcot. There's no way it can handle a post-Star Wars, Guardians open, Food and Wine Friday/Saturday without reaching capacity. The park is currently running in the mid 50's for slower food wine fri's and saturdays - and as you can see they almost have run out of parking.

And I mention post-Star Wars because they use Epcot as primary overflow parking for DHS. Maybe with the new entrance at DHS they'll start using Wide World of Sports.

You can see how close Epcot's parking lot is to being at capacity.

And then this giant space for the new ride building - Energy is already a big building.

Also, that it takes up the spot that would be Epcot's parking lot expansion.

They've got to have plans to add a garage to Epcot. There's no way it can handle a post-Star Wars, Guardians open, Food and Wine Friday/Saturday without reaching capacity. The park is currently running in the mid 50's for slower food wine fri's and saturdays - and as you can see they almost have run out of parking.

And I mention post-Star Wars because they use Epcot as primary overflow parking for DHS. Maybe with the new entrance at DHS they'll start using Wide World of Sports.
I think that they're doing a parking lot expansion at WWoS currently, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them use that lot as overflow in the future.

Maybe the hope is also that the Skyliner gets people to leave their cars at AoA, Pop, and Caribbean.
They will be running bus transport to and from those resorts far less often once the system goes on-line so they definitely want people to take the Skyliner as their primary mode of transport to Epcot and DHS if you're at those resorts.

My understanding is that land clearing is for relocating drainage/backstage areas and the show building will be closer to UoE than Bio indicates.
Yea I replied to that tweet last night saying the same thing. It was pretty clear in the permits. You can even see where they’re digging up the ground for a new drainage pond on the back half of the cleared land in the pics.

Found some answers:

This project reconfigures existing L-403 Canal to provide a more contiguous area for possible future changes to parking capacity and back of house areas within Walt Disney World's EPCOT Center property in Orange County. Additionally, two dry retention areas will be constructed to provide water quality treatment and attenuation for areas where future construction is planned.

So it's definitely going to add parking. Which makes a lot of sense when you look at the plan itself (side note: this site prep is scheduled to be done by Dec 31 2017.)

energyplan1.jpg

Yay for visuals!

Now my doodles on it, Blue is the building and connection to Energy, Purple is CM in-berm parking, and Green is Guest parking - possibly a dedicated Cast lot during non-peak periods.

energyplan1_LI.jpg

The $900 million is correct, but it is not just for GotG. It is for GotG, Brave, MS Restaurant, Coco, and the Entrance Resort. Rat was lumped in with MMRRR and MK Theater.

Is the Coco thing a confirmed thing? I don't remember hearing about it before?