Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

I personally think it's perfect that there's zero music in the FoP queue. The emotional aspect of the ride relies heavily on the score and I like that it's pent up until we start flying. I just think it's extremely well thought out.

The WWOHP was built after most of the movies were already out....maybe Disney struck gold???

These kids were either not born or just babies when the first movie came out. It's been that long and we still have 3 more years to go until the first sequel...

But if the land is winning kids over then that's good. Maybe it will get them to see the sequels.

are the banshees still hard to obtain?
I think they haven't been selling out anymore. They raised the price and seem to have steady shipments coming in. They might be out of a certain color pattern for a day or two, but haven't run completely out in awhile.

Also, your question reminded me of this Family Guy quote:

Is unobtainium very easy to obtain? - Peter Griffin

LOL...

Well based on Fastpass availability, I'd say Pandora is still extremely popular with most guests.

I'd expect long lines for FOP until at least GESW opens, and maybe even after that. First, it's a new WDW attraction, as Nick C. said.. Second, it has pretty low capacity. WDW Magic Insiders are saying it's only 1100 to 1300 per hour with all four theaters running. And considerably less when one or more theaters are down.

I'd expect long lines for FOP until at least GESW opens, and maybe even after that. First, it's a new WDW attraction, as Nick C. said.. Second, it has pretty low capacity. WDW Magic Insiders are saying it's only 1100 to 1300 per hour with all four theaters running. And considerably less when one or more theaters are down.

It's pretty indefensible to have designed an attraction from scratch - one meant to be a major headliner and draw - with capacity like that. It should have been double that number.

Seriously? I thought that it was supposed to be up around 2,000+PPH? That's terrible capacity for a new ride that is expected to be highly popular.
With the exception of Mermaid, just about all of Disney's newer attractions were fairly low capacity. One reason the popular Soarin & Toy Story Mania needed new additions....On the other side of the coin, Universal, with way less on site hotel guests, have built new attractions that have pretty high capacity, with the exception of Despicable Me which was a retrofit of an existing low capacity attraction. Transformers, FJ, Gringotts, HE, Race Through NY, Kong and probably F&F, all very high capacities.

It's pretty indefensible to have designed an attraction from scratch - one meant to be a major headliner and draw - with capacity like that. It should have been double that number.

It probably wasn't designed that low. I'm guessing that they grossly misjudged the load times on the seats and that has reduced capacity a great deal.

Personally I'd rather they stick to their original plans and make something amazing, then only being concerned with capacity. This is large attraction, and I'm sure adding more screens would have thrown the budget out the window.