Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In the world of good coasters nothing in Orlando is high at all. Magnum at Cedar Point which has been around 10-15 years? is just over 200 ft. I HOPE that one day our parks here will pony up and put in a coaster with some real height. Of course though land space is the concern here I suppose!

In the world of good coasters nothing in Orlando is high at all. Magnum at Cedar Point which has been around 10-15 years? is just over 200 ft. I HOPE that one day our parks here will pony up and put in a coaster with some real height. Of course though land space is the concern here I suppose!

I think Sheikra is 200 feet, 90 degrees... but I could be wrong. Chickened out of that one too. Actually I didn't chicken out... you can't chicken out of something you never had any intentions to do. :lol:

Be careful what you wish for, Six Flags over Florida may become a reality. :lol: Of course, they'd be forced to add quality family rides, nonlazy employees, and REAL THEMING as well if they want to even stand a chance in Orlando.

Be careful what you wish for, Six Flags over Florida may become a reality. :lol: Of course, they'd be forced to add quality family rides, nonlazy employees, and REAL THEMING as well if they want to even stand a chance in Orlando.

They could always come get the rides and stuff that have been rotting out here in New Orleans since Katrina and move it to Orlando, since they have absolutely no intention of ever fixing it up and it's just becoming blighted property now. :mad: Of course, I'm sure if you tell that to the wrong person then they think that that's actually a good idea.

They could always come get the rides and stuff that have been rotting out here in New Orleans since Katrina and move it to Orlando, since they have absolutely no intention of ever fixing it up and it's just becoming blighted property now. :mad: Of course, I'm sure if you tell that to the wrong person then they think that that's actually a good idea.
Actually they can't. There is a order from a Judge preventing Six Flags to remove anything else from the property...but there actually were a few developers that have approached the city about reopening an amusement park.

But anyway, as much as I enjoy a good coaster they have those all over the country. What I LOVE about the Orlando parks are the stories behind them. They're TRUE theme parks. I don't have to have a hyper coaster in Orlando to enjoy those parks.

florida has air restrictions on some things that go over 200 ft and rides are one of them that could be a resaon why some rides aren't as tall as you would think that's why everest is 199 ft. but it is stupid how the building can tall but not the roller coaster but that's florida law

In Florida you can build things over the 200' mark, however if you do you have to put warning lights on the highest point. this is why our theme parks generally avoid this...plus I think US is too small to have a coaster much taller HRRR will be

In Florida you can build things over the 200' mark, however if you do you have to put warning lights on the highest point. this is why our theme parks generally avoid this...plus I think US is too small to have a coaster much taller HRRR will be

Agreed. HRRR already dominates the UO skyline in a way that is almost overpowering. Anything taller than that would probably seem a bit out of place.

I agree, with the post above. With everyone complaining about how this is destroying the Universal skyline and being an eyesore, bigger may not be what everyone wants to see. Although exciting bigger can sometimes tear a hole in theming.

I just walked in the door from Universal today. I talked to a construction manager and he informed me that they will be testing the ride today starting at around 7pm. So, if anyone wants to go out and take pics or video, it would be awesome. I'm uploading pics from today as I type this.

EDIT: Construction pics from 5/23/09

DSCN0974.jpg

DSCN0976.jpg

DSCN0977.jpg

DSCN0979.jpg

DSCN0980.jpg

DSCN0981.jpg

DSCN0982.jpg

DSCN0983.jpg

DSCN0983.jpg

DSCN0985.jpg

DSCN0986.jpg