(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
All the talk about a walk through attraction makes me wonder if Universal could do something unique and build a walk through attraction in its own right that would be perfectly acceptable for families to walk through and then at the end, you have the choice to go on an extreme ride or just exit.

All the talk about a walk through attraction makes me wonder if Universal could do something unique and build a walk through attraction in its own right that would be perfectly acceptable for families to walk through and then at the end, you have the choice to go on an extreme ride or just exit.

They definitely won't build an "extreme" ride for Potter. FJ is as intense as you'll get, I'd wager

Reactions: Scott W.
I really believe there will be a walkthrough for this in the queue, just like the other 2, it will be a highly themed detailed walkthough and then you can choose to exit or go on the ride, I really can't imagine "just" a walkthough though.

With the scope of MOM, could this be a good use for the power mack? Sweeping through the multi storied offices, around statues, paper planes flying inbetween cars, could be really cool, tamer, but funn

Reactions: agentj and Scott W.

What if they used the FF plot for a huge walk through, like at Leavesden. Then using MIB plot for the ride building?

They definitely won't build an "extreme" ride for Potter. FJ is as intense as you'll get, I'd wager

FJ is one of these bizarre rides that people could find more intense than any coaster. Wrong thread but I'd love to see the Potter coaster be on the same sort of level as Cheetah Chase without the inversion.

I think Potter has the ability to create a mentally thrilling ride just as much as a physical one. It's the IP that keeps on giving.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I meant like brining the lagoon show back. Also readjusting the nightly close from 7 to 9pm most nights - pullin an Epcot, as it were.
As I said on another thread....According to their website, IOA is open until 9 or 10 most nights in late April, which is long after an early Easter & Spring Breaks. May is not on the schedule yet. Generally they close 6 or 7 most nights in April after the Easter holiday. My guess is that they're starting the non Holiday Harry Potter show in March (or earlier) and keeping it going after that.

Hopefully it keeps IOA open more often after dark. To me that's actually more important than a projection show on FJ (though I welcome it with open arms). If you don't go to the parks during peak or holiday times, you get a daylight IOA only. Maybe late April lateIOA closings will be a trend. I guess I'll find out when I go in May.

Reactions: JoeCamel
They are promoting a new Christmas product that should have been in the parks years ago. They know Harry Potter is Popular, but since this is the first year they are adding a Harry Potter Christmas event tied to what they normally do (Grinchmas, Macy's Parade), yeah, there will be crowds. The timing of this is incredible.

FWIW a lot of work goes into such events. Event temporary decorations have to go through WB approvals and be engineered to withstand hurricane strength winds.

Reactions: Grits0808
I was scanning the universal site for Christmas showtimes, and noticed that Fear Factor Live is back on the Schedule for the Thursday the 16th (1pm is the first show).

Fear Factor Live
Nov 5 – Nov 15: No Shows
Nov 16 – Nov 17: 1 pm, 2:30 pm, 5 pm
Nov 18: 1 pm, 2:30 pm, 5 pm, 6:30 pm

source: Universal Orlando

They have Grinchmas and Mannheim Steamroller up on there for the 18th, but no mention of the castle projection show (Which is the time I really wanted to find)

Last edited:
Fear Factor Live is back on the Schedule for the Thursday the 16th (1pm is the first show).

Funny you say that, as I was the one to mention that FFL was slated to return on the sixteenth at post 407. ;)

That said, Summer Aiello (wife of Michael Aiello and as an actor of a few Universal Orlando show's if I am not mistaken) has retweeted what ORLParkPass said from Twitter.

Might well be some big crowd expectations. The other day ,I was checking the usually dead times at the beginning of Dec., and hotel room choices were disappearing quick.

I was trying to look at some rates. I seldom go during busy times, but I was wondering if there were dates in early JAN I could go...it appears to be too early for discount rates or maybe they don’t offer any.

Anyway, I was surprised at the rates after the new year...maybe they figure they could have another HHN type thing were the crowds still come after the new year for one last look or something?

Maybe it is just typically busy as FL can sometimes be a break from winter around then.

I do not know, I just know it seems harder to find good times to visit an on site hotel.

If they're bringing FFL back, this seems to negate the stories that Universal originally wanted the space shut down even before Bill & Ted. Unless now they figure, why not just wait until after the holiday rush.

If they're bringing FFL back, this seems to negate the stories that Universal originally wanted the space shut down even before Bill & Ted. Unless now they figure, why not just wait until after the holiday rush.
This is my biggest problem with this rumor from the very beginning is the connection with B&T. If this were something originating from inside sources it would have come to the surface all on it's own. Instead the day of the announcement this somewhat logical assumption was put forth as some sort of solid rumor. Meanwhile everyone I've asked associated with the show still adamantly claims it's got two more years. Even when asked about this rumor they just laugh at it.

I mean I don't really know either way, just saying the timing definitely throws some doubt on it for me.

I was trying to look at some rates. I seldom go during busy times, but I was wondering if there were dates in early JAN I could go...it appears to be too early for discount rates or maybe they don’t offer any.

Anyway, I was surprised at the rates after the new year...maybe they figure they could have another HHN type thing were the crowds still come after the new year for one last look or something?

Maybe it is just typically busy as FL can sometimes be a break from winter around then.

I do not know, I just know it seems harder to find good times to visit an on site hotel.
Last year WDW & Universal stayed busy for about 1 0-14 days after New Years day. There's just not much slow time anymore it seems. Some of that, used to be huge in the past, summer vacation crowd, seems to have dissipated into other seasons of the year, especially around minor holidays. And with all the hotel rooms Universal built they probably get the Disney effect with a captive audience...I've also noticed that it appears both WDW & Universal are having pretty good October & November attendance again this year. The Touring Plans crowd calendar, though it's just an "indicator" of attendance (crowd feel) but not a true attendance number, has been showing both park systems meeting or exceeding crowd projections for just about every day.