2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This parade is not replacing SSP so i'm not sure what your point is. It's simply an updated version of the Macy's Holiday Parade, now with new floats and more Universal IPs. It will run the same route that the Holiday parade has run for years now.

Just pointing out that SSP biggest complaint is its lack of length and that this one, although the floats will be similar to SSP, will not fall into the same trap. This parade should be able to put up a fight against a disney parade when its all said and done.

Just pointing out that SSP biggest complaint is its lack of length and that this one, although the floats will be similar to SSP, will not fall into the same trap. This parade should be able to put up a fight against a disney parade when its all said and done.
Sort of...?

I mean the new floats look impressive, but a good half the parade is still just Macy's balloons.

Not to mention that it's a seasonal parade and SSP actually does a run right before this one kicks off, meaning that the similarities will be even more glaring.

I am looking forward to seeing it, though.

I think everyone is missing the point. This is a completely new parade from top to bottom. The only thing that is similar to years past is it has balloons in it which were a fan favorite. But this is not the Macy's parade. Again, this is not the Macy's parade. This is a new offering that has been treated very differently than years past.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think everyone is missing the point. This is a completely new parade from top to bottom. The only thing that is similar to years past is it has balloons in it which were a fan favorite. But this is not the Macy's parade. Again, this is not the Macy's parade. This is a new offering that has been treated very differently than years past.
It's more similar than you realize.

Not saying there's anything wrong with it, but it doesn't stand out much from the prior iteration other than there being more characters.

It's more similar than you realize.

Not saying there's anything wrong with it, but it doesn't stand out much from the prior iteration other than there being more characters.
Universal has literally spent millions of dollars on this new parade and created 15 brand new floats and all new balloons. To discount it as similar ignores the massive investment that has been made.

So I have a question? Does the parade get longer after Thanksgiving, when Macy’s sends down their balloons? Or does Universal have everything they already need now for the parade - and the Macy’s stuff that’s sent down are just the ones that are placed out in the park as decoration: Garfield, Scooby, Grover, etc?

Edit: I ask because the parade name still says “Featuring Macy’s.”

Reactions: Andysol
Universal has literally spent millions of dollars on this new parade and created 15 brand new floats and all new balloons. To discount it as similar ignores that a massive investment that has been made.
I'm not discounting anything. It's a nice parade, certainly better than it's predecessor. It's just very familiar. A nice, needed upgrade though.

You're honestly just going to have to trust I know what I'm talking about on this. You can see for yourself next Saturday.

EDIT: I want to make clear that this parade is far superior than it's predecessor and the floats are beautiful and plentiful. I just don't think it's something to get worked up about... You and I are much closer in where we stand than you think.

Reactions: Nico
So I have a question? Does the parade get longer after Thanksgiving, when Macy’s sends down their balloons? Or does Universal have everything they already need now for the parade - and the Macy’s stuff that’s sent down are just the ones that are placed out in the park as decoration: Garfield, Scooby, Grover, etc?

Universal no longer has to wait for Macy's. Apparently they have bought their own balloons. This allows them to open the Holiday offerings earlier which was the goal of this project. My guess is there are still a few years on the contract with Macy's so the words "featuring Macy's" is just put in there to satisfy that contract. Once the contract is up I bet they drop the name.

Reactions: Alicia

Universal has their own Macy's balloons now, they won't need to be sent down anymore.

Macy's staff will still be on-site for the run. Go volunteer for the parade to balloon handle and you will notice them all around, taking proper care of the balloons.

Just in case there was any doubt, they are using the new parade building for the Holiday Parade. The old one still houses Superstar, as the second new parade building is not finished yet.

I do think this will be an impressive parade and a vast improvement over the predecessor, it's just not something that gets me overly excited. While the parade is certainly more float heavy now and longer, it's still just a parade to me (parade's don't excite me much). A nice one at that though.

Any word on daily times for the parade and Potter show? I may be going a single, two park day for the holidays with family next month, and I want to have at least an approximate plan for our day.

Any word on daily times for the parade and Potter show? I may be going a single, two park day for the holidays with family next month, and I want to have at least an approximate plan for our day.
Here's the schedule for Saturday, November 18th:

Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure

• The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley:
Show times for Celestina Warbeck and the Banshees are 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm, 5:00pm, 6:00pm, 7:00pm
• The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade:
Show times for the Frog Choir are 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, 4:00pm
“The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts” – ongoing from dusk until park close​

• Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
Show times are 10:45am, 11:45am, 12:45pm, 1:45pm, 3:30pm, 4:30pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm​

• Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s at Universal Studios Florida
Parade kicks off at 5 p.m.​

• Mannheim Steamroller Concert at Universal Studios Florida
Performance begins at 7 p.m. at the Music Plaza Stage​

I'll be going into the parks for a few hours tomorrow, gonna try staying until the evening so I can see the Christmas lighting. It looks beautiful.