What Games Are You Playing? | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

What Games Are You Playing?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, I got Uncharted yesterday and have been playing it since. I didn't really understand all the hype from the demo (where I was just pissed off at my constant dying), but the game is most certainly excellent. I'm particularly impressed by the graphics, and besides a few little flaws I've seen here and there, the scenery's beautiful-possibly among the best I've seen this console generation so far. I've also been playing COD4 as usual lately, with M16 Marksman III (and the Desert Eagle that will come from my levelling up thanks to this) about a dozen or so kills away.

I played Halo 3 with my brother online for a bit, which was quite fun. Strangely enough, just about every match was quite easy, with our team getting victory. The exception is what ended up as a 2-on-2 Rockets match, which will intense/epic still ended with our loss.

I'm keeping up at Rock Band 2, Call of Duty 4 (when the PS3 can connect), and Uncharted, which the save file says I'm at 75%. For my next gaming purchase, I'm going to get (if I can convince my parents, we know how this goes) Mass Effect.

My cousin lent to us the 360 RPG motherlode: Mass Effect, Fable 2, and Fallout 3. I'll start with Mass Effect, even though the character I created yesterday looks terrible. :lol:

I downloaded the Halo 3 Mythic map pack, and The Pitt for Fallout 3. I was extremely happy with Mythic, and think it's a great addition to a great game. The Pitt though, I was thoroughly disappointed. You can't really explore the city (something I was really looking forward to), and there's really only one quest. No side quests, just the simple main quest (which was ridiculously easy). Trogs are basically feral ghouls (let's get creative guys), and the only good things that I could find with the DLC was that A, you get a kick-ass new weapon, and B, you get to steal a baby. That's. About. It.

I highly don't recommend D/L'ing The Pitt, but Broken Steel looks promising.

Of the games I mentioned getting from my cousin, it turns out that my brother had been a naughty-naughty :nono: :lol: and took Fallout 3 without our cousin's wanting. Therefore, no Fallout (and no hard feelings, either), and from what I saw my brother play (and what little I DID play) it seemed fun but something I would have to play from the beginning (I used my brother's character). Now, on to the other 360 games. Mass Effect is quite good, it looks like it's shifting gears now (in a good way). Fable II seems good and I really love the art style and soundtrack, but all I've done is try my hand at bartending and forging-why can't real life be this easy when it comes to making money? :'(

So my brother bought Fallout 3 from my cousin and that problem's solved. Don't kill me, but I don't see what makes it such an amazing game. All the ingredients are there and I thought that the beginning parts in the Vault were actually pretty neat, it was missing that little something that makes it really, really good.

On another note, I'm borrowing Call of Duty: World at War for an indefinite period of time from my friend-he doesn't play much besides Rock Band and Guitar Hero, so that's fine with him. I am as usual having internet troubles on the PS3, so that means I have to wait until I can download both the system update AND the game update that gives me Nazi Zombies and Makin Day (and will, together, allow me to play online). :bang:

So my brother bought Fallout 3 from my cousin and that problem's solved. Don't kill me, but I don't see what makes it such an amazing game. All the ingredients are there and I thought that the beginning parts in the Vault were actually pretty neat, it was missing that little something that makes it really, really good.

I won't kill you for saying that, I'll just pretend you never typed it how about that. I don't know how you found any major faults with that game, from the moment I stepped out of the vault I was enticed and from there the character paths just took me to an alternate reality where Super Humans existed, Ghouls guarded Pennsylvania Avenue, slavers traded people, vampires lived in metros and DC was alot more interesting. All I can say is I'm ready to hit Vegas now. :thumbs:

I won't kill you for saying that, I'll just pretend you never typed it how about that. I don't know how you found any major faults with that game, from the moment I stepped out of the vault I was enticed and from there the character paths just took me to an alternate reality where Super Humans existed, Ghouls guarded Pennsylvania Avenue, slavers traded people, vampires lived in metros and DC was alot more interesting. All I can say is I'm ready to hit Vegas now. :thumbs:

I donn't hate the game, and I don't think there's any major faults either. It's just that there's some intangible thing about it missing for me personally. If I gave it some time, it might sink in.

About Fallout 3, I actually got tired of it. I played it for the longest time and then I just got bored of it, but I guess I should expect that with any game that you beat 5 or 6 times. Right now, I'm playing Resident Evil 5 and Prototype.