Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is asbestos, why did it take so long to find it? Seems like it should've been found a couple refurbs ago.

Either way, they need to make a Muppets show and just be done with it. Regardless of political affiliation, I personally think nobody wants to pay crazy theme park ticket prices to have to think about politics in any way.
Nobody says, "Let's go to Magic Kingdom to see Hall of Presidents". It's just something you run into along the way. The prior show with Obama was hardly all that political - the only modern politics was Obama speaking and a moment showing Bush speaking after 9/11 in the video montage.

A Muppets show is the lazy way out and would completely ruin the theme of the area. The mini-show outside the theatre is a;ready pushing the theme limits for the lands, a full blown show would ruin it.

Nobody says, "Let's go to Magic Kingdom to see Hall of Presidents". It's just something you run into along the way.

That'll change when they put Trump in. If his AA doesn't have a cellphone in his hand, that'll be a missed opportunity.

Last edited:
Looked to see if this person is reliable, but from what it seems; he has posted little tidbits in the past about things in particular that I am just going to plop it here (as the HOP thread closed).

From Repentant Orc, HoP is getting reconfigured from scratch, and a Heavy IP will take it over.

Looked to see if this person is reliable, but from what it seems; he has posted little tidbits in the past about things in particular that I am just going to plop it here (as the HOP thread closed).

From Repentant Orc, HoP is getting reconfigured from scratch, and a Heavy IP will take it over.

From what i've seen, that person normally just repeats things that are being talked about on Magic or something like that. I haven't really look much over there in the past few months so I wouldn't know much. I'm a little rusty on Disney rumors.

That's my nightmare scenario.

Yeah, I really don't want them turn this into an IP-based attraction, with some history sprinkled in. This sounds like a Muppets show if it's true.

The Muppets would be a better fit than any other conceivable Disney IP, but I still would hate to see that. Disney's REALLY overthinking things if it's true.

Yeah, I really don't want them turn this into an IP-based attraction, with some history sprinkled in. This sounds like a Muppets show if it's true.

My thought's exactly went to that Muppets show right outside of HoP being a replacement in the possibility.

The Hollywood Bowl show seemed to be a hit, and that I thought people responded to the show currently in MK rather well. If they do a replacement for HoP that's an IP, I can see them bring that Muppet's show into the theater.

That said, I would think that if they wanted to just do something simple, why not just have a form of Great Moments with Washington as opposed to Lincoln?

WDWMagic is reporting that The Hall of Presidents will reopen before Christmas (yes, of this year) and that President Trump will indeed have a speaking role when the doors reopen.

I think they will be fine if they play the "just for historical purposes" card, and no mention of politics.
That's the route I expect them to take. Maybe make mention of Trump's AA and how advanced it is, but I expect them to stick to the history card for the most part.

I’m here right now. Asked a Cast Member out front. His exact words: “We’re hoping by end of the year.”

So no different than what Disney's been saying. But certainly not anything definite yet.

0845C9BD-1261-461E-BECB-8FCF038702EB.jpeg

A9C5765C-3DAE-4299-809E-A9663FED4C33.jpeg

After this they really need to design a new show to put in the space. One that doesn't elicit boo's from half the audience toward the end of the show.

After this they really need to design a new show to put in the space. One that doesn't elicit boo's from half the audience toward the end of the show.

Naw, it should stay. Toughen up buttercups. Disney would probably create some sort of disturbance during the show to have an excuse to shut it down. #conspiracy

What happened to seeing something you disagree with and keeping it to yourself, especially at a theme park.

Last edited:
From what i've seen, that person normally just repeats things that are being talked about on Magic or something like that. I haven't really look much over there in the past few months so I wouldn't know much. I'm a little rusty on Disney rumors.

Tardy to the party, but a decade plus ago, Another Voice was THE source for Disney rumors. Think like The Spirit or HateToFly in their heydays. Among other things, first one to call closing of Pleasure Island, 6 months before announcement. Don't know him personally, but gather he still has contacts in TWDC, just doesn't really care about theme parks much anymore. There's a definite shelf life to being a theme park expert, but that's a topic for another thread.

In short, I wouldn't dismiss his rumor out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.