Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Springfield is great and I'm sure it's a money maker $$$. Don't touch it!! I would be open to a new ride as long as the humor is as good or better than the current attraction including all the preshows.

I'd honestly be okay if they kept the film and just rebuilt the simulators to be as smooth as Fallon, but I get that with USF still having a bit of a screen problem, that'd probably be a bad idea. Plus, am I the only one who can't imagine AAs of the Simpsons at all? I feel like those designs to lend themselves very well to AAs.

How do you know that a fully AA building would fit in the Shrek 4d building? Can it really?

Allegedly Shrek will be replaced by the Secret Life of Pets dark ride, so we’ll see!

I'd honestly be okay if they kept the film and just rebuilt the simulators to be as smooth as Fallon, but I get that with USF still having a bit of a screen problem, that'd probably be a bad idea. Plus, am I the only one who can't imagine AAs of the Simpsons at all? I feel like those designs to lend themselves very well to AAs.

I’d be fine with that too. The film is hilarious, the simulators are just so bad

How do you know that a fully AA building would fit in the Shrek 4d building? Can it really?
The floor plan dimensions for SLoP easily fit into an area the size of Shrek, if it ends up on that plot of land. SLoP is designed for a two story above ground building (possibly a basement for Hollywood version overflow queue).

Springfield nuclear reactor dark ride confirmed! :lol:
I know this is off topic but I totally agree that they need to rebuild Simpson’s to a multi-level dark ride. The 30 yr old ride is due for a replacement imo.

This is great and all, but we lose 5 attractions to gain 3. I just don't like the idea of seemingly losing attractions in the count. Transformers and The HE have been the only attractions added if im not mistaking,, in recent years. Look at kidzone however you must but those 5 things we are for sure losing just gave that part of the park more versatility (no matter how dated lol )

Fallon, but I guess that is not a gain, but I think more visit it than Twister. There is Kang, especially if we are talking young....I also think some of this new things have a younger start age than what was around in the past.

I mean, when my daughter was shorter/younger...if we did not want to get wet, IOA did not have a lot to offer. We would do JP, but not the other two. There was Spidey, but she was not tall enough for Doom.

My wife does not like to spin, so old profile Cat in the Hat meant us leaving my wife somewhere or just not bothering...one fish two fish is fun, but low capacity/long waits...we’ve done both trolley tracks, I think it would be ok as one longer ride than two short, but the line wait is already too long.

Anyhow, it meant most of our time at the Studios, then, with Transformers, it did not seem as important to run by IoA just to ride Spidey.

I think Nintendo changes the Studios to true family fun for all...save that folks think HRRR goes upside down.

Do you think there’s going to be enough lag time between Japan’s opening and the stateside opening for major modifications based on guest feedback?
Probably not. Maybe in basic operations stuff they learn, but I’m guessing the MK ride’s gonna be an exact clone.

Unless the AR doesn’t work. Then I could see it opening here without it, and Japan dropping it. I wonder if there a backup plan just in case.

Probably not. Maybe in basic operations stuff they learn, but I’m guessing the MK ride’s gonna be an exact clone.

Unless the AR doesn’t work. Then I could see it opening here without it, and Japan dropping it. I wonder if there a backup plan just in case.
Probably buying sea world for the turtle shells. I kid. Don’t call PETA.

Pokémon and Mario in the same park is a mistake imo. They’re Nintendo’s biggest franchises so it would make more sense to split them up across different parks to further incentivize a multi day/multi park ticket. There will be people coming to this that have never been to Universal before. Why keep all of them in one park?

Mario in USF
Zelda in IoA
Pokémon in Site B

Because Site B could realistically not show up until a decade from now. At best, 6 years. I would wager they have enough anchor IPs like LoTR at Side B- so no need to have Pokemon be an anchor when they can capitalize on it now.

It is ironic that both the Pokemon rumor and LoTR rumor (both from @Disneyhead) came out simultaneously. I don't see that as being a coincidence.

Yeah Simpsons ride need to go for an AA filled dark ride through Springfield. It's what should have went there to begin with.

Move it to Toon Lagoon and take over Dudley... please! Simpsons boat ride ftw. :)

To make another list of what seems to be on the possible outcome of SNW at this state, and if I make mistakes; feel free to correct me.

• Super Nintendo World seems to be possibly opening by 2022, as per what @Disneyhead pointed out.
  • KZ (Barney, Curious George, Woody Woodpecker, Fivel), the KZ Parade Building (Venue used for Halloween Horror Nights and other various events), and possibly including the MIB Expansion plot and the land inhabiting the Men in Black showbuilding, total acre size in a guess = 20.65
  • May of been pushed to 2022 to allow SNW to open alongside it's 1.5 element of the MIB plot and MIB Expansion Plot.
  • @GAcoaster pointed out that ET may be counting it's days once again..
It would be wise to take account that it isn't impossible to rule out that they may be able to relocate the MIB Sprung Tent (used for HoBH/Chance) and Sprung 1 and 2 to new locations within this, which could reduce the size of the expansion plot by possibly one to two acres, depending on what they do.

As for attractions, three seems to be the most talked about.

• Mario Kart - SNW's Mega E-Ticket, using highly advanced technology in the project itself that would be groundbreaking, was apart of original pitch.
  • Donkey Kong - The most known of the project in a way, Boom Coaster, track very similar to the steeplechase track that is seen from S&S at IAAPA this year. Ride Car attached on the side, allowing the ride to replicate elements from the mine cart levels from the DK franchise. Was apart of the original pitch.
  • Yoshi - Next Gen Omnimover, seems to be on a lower capacity but goes around the area of SNW, and I think @Joe may of mentioned something about the ride car being animatronic but I am not willing to say that with confidence. Not in the original pitch
Not to mention, from what it seems like; D23 has seemed to wake Universal up from it's slumber, including expanding the footprint of SNW in Orlando to be including Men in Black and the Expansion plot right next to it, as a response to Galaxy's Edge from WDI.

What seems to be a somewhat possibility for that added land possibly including Pokemon into the mix. Pokemon, had a previous role in the original pitch, along with Zelda and Kirby, but was in more of a smaller role, similar to Zelda and Kirby in a way. And from what it seems, Zelda may be getting saved for Gate III as a headliner.

As far as my mind can reach, that's what has been read here so-far in regards to Super Nintendo World in Orlando, which seems to be the biggest out of the three.

I am very sure that I got some things wrong, so if people tell me and show where, I will make sure to edit things out to make it more streamlined.

What in hell does that mean??? We can have movies at home too, does that mean you’re going to do away with movies at the theme parks?

Foolishness
Naw, they were implying that the critical difference between VR/AR and a theme park is the physical presence. VR/AR can't substitute for actual physical presence in an immersive experience.