Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 218 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Boy, talk about false advertising. It's one thing to make dramatic innuendo, but this isn't even close to a representation. If it's going to be a middlin to weak attraction, better not to send expectations into the stratosphere. It'll just make it worse.

I can't believe Universal would advertise something that wildly unrealistic. It's not like them.
3539f3d5e576299461e8fb4be1bb54a0--nerd-humor-universal-studios.jpg

Well, at least it WAS a boat, the shark DID chomp on it (in the original ride) and there was fire. There's a difference between exaggerating and being outright deceptive.

Well the ride will have a video of a car screeching tires and revving it's engine, so the video is more accurate than the Jaws pic.

Reactions: Legacy
I can't believe Universal would advertise something that wildly unrealistic. It's not like them.

The difference is any reasonable person knows a shark eating a boat is an exaggeration. A car going fast isn't. The ads for this ride are puffery.

The difference is any reasonable person knows a shark eating a boat is an exaggeration. A car going fast isn't. The ads for this ride are puffery.
And the Jaws ad isn’t?

Before I went on Jaws (as a kid), I was terrified. TERR. I. FIED. I thought Jaws would be the size of a semi-truck with a mouth big enough to swallow me whole. Because that’s exactly what that image presents.

Turns out he was a fraction of the advertised size.

I can get being perturbed by the F&F advertising, but let’s not start saying themepark advertising in the past was accurate. Remember the Earthquake snippet with guests running through the disaster as it happened?

And the Jaws ad isn’t?

Before I went on Jaws (as a kid), I was terrified. TERR. I. FIED. I thought Jaws would be the size of a semi-truck with a mouth big enough to swallow me whole. Because that’s exactly what that image presents.

Turns out he was a fraction of the advertised size.

I can get being perturbed by the F&F advertising, but let’s not start saying themepark advertising in the past was accurate. Remember the Earthquake snippet with guests running through the disaster as it happened?

Remember when Universal said the mummies were gonna jump on your ride vehicle?

A lot of guests do cry false for how USH advertises their Studio Tour additions as new standalone rides. I hope we don't fall into the same trap.

A lot of guests do cry false for how USH advertises their Studio Tour additions as new standalone rides. I hope we don't fall into the same trap.
There’s a legit difference though. Hollywood advertises additions to an already existing ride as a wholly new, independent ride. Orlando doesn’t have that sort of chicanery going on. F&F is an independent attraction here. It has speeding cars. I mean, that’s what they’re advertising.

It’s not like they’re calling an effects display where you stand the whole time “Ride It Out.” THAT’S deceptive.

Reactions: Mr. EPCOT
There’s a legit difference though. Hollywood advertises additions to an already existing ride as a wholly new, independent ride. Orlando doesn’t have that sort of chicanery going on. F&F is an independent attraction here. It has speeding cars. I mean, that’s what they’re advertising.

It’s not like they’re calling an effects display where you stand the whole time “Ride It Out.” THAT’S deceptive.

See, a lot of people came off of that saying the same thing, but I always got the storm-related play on words. The GP though...