2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not likely the Japanese script will follow. The culture in Japan - because of the importance of the group over the individual - is a “talking head” formart. Even when watching news stories you have hosts and guest celebs doing what equates to a YouTube reaction video. It tells the audience how they are supposed to feel.

So in live shows where they don’t want blatantly out of character 3rd party smoking distance reflective commentary they instead put in this sort of banter.

It doesn’t translate to the states and the strong sense of the individual.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Has anyone heard or seen the "holiday themed food" at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter yet?

Besides Hot Butterbeer have you heard of any other new options for the season popping up yet? I'm sure they're going to make a big reveal tomorrow night for media, but figured some must have started to show up in the lands by now already.

Keep me posted!

Has anyone heard or seen the "holiday themed food" at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter yet?

Besides Hot Butterbeer have you heard of any other new options for the season popping up yet? I'm sure they're going to make a big reveal tomorrow night for media, but figured some must have started to show up in the lands by now already.

Keep me posted!
Sounds like your Banshee is hungry. ;):)

Sounds like your Banshee is hungry. ;):)
She's got some stingbats in the freezer to heat up while I'm gone. I'm just trying to pre-prepare for an article I'm writing after the event tomorrow.

Keep your eyes peeled y'all. If we don't see anything by then I'll post what I see at the event tomorrow night.

Reactions: tielo and Mad Dog
I recall folks here asking about snow. I have not seen anything mentioned here, but I got my UOAP mailer yesterday and it mentions snow for the parade (as well as Grinchmas).

Anyway, I do not think the old parade route had snow did it?

I recall folks here asking about snow. I have not seen anything mentioned here, but I got my UOAP mailer yesterday and it mentions snow for the parade (as well as Grinchmas).

Anyway, I do not think the old parade route had snow did it?
The old parade had confetti if i'm not mistaken. I know it definitely didn't have snow.

Reactions: Alicia
Yes snow for parade. So far, as far as I can tell, it's a no snow for Potter lands.

From today's blog post about parade:

Also new to the parade this year is the musical score—and Santa will be making it snow throughout the parade.

There's fog machines set up on the roofs of Diagon so... :shrug:

And to clarify, I asked people who would recognize such machines easily and they said they weren't snow, bubbles, etc.. just fog.

There's fog machines set up on the roofs of Diagon so... :shrug:

And to clarify, I asked people who would recognize such machines easily and they said they weren't snow, bubbles, etc.. just fog.

Well, it is London. So, fog makes sense I guess.

As a Floridian, I think I will feel cold just seeing fog along with the holiday look. I’m starting to get excited for next week! Maybe they will keep the streets watered downed to make it look like a cold/damp night...warm butter beer...fire whiskey...‘‘tis the season

As a Floridian, I think I will feel cold just seeing fog along with the holiday look. I’m starting to get excited for next week! Maybe they will keep the streets watered downed to make it look like a cold/damp night...warm butter beer...fire whiskey...‘‘tis the season

Same here! I can't wait to see all of it put together, this is going to be an awesome year!

Reactions: Frank Drackman
Nah. Those are most fighters foggers that are permanently in the building.

The ones I’m questioning are entertainment ones in their little go-cases hanging out on the roofline. Particularly Carkitt Market.
Maybe just waiting to be stored post HHN....or perhaps for the new nighttime show

So I'm not sure if this is the right thread, my apologies if not.

Has anyone been to one of the recent Eve events Universal hosts on New Years Eve? I've been trying to find information online but there doesn't seem to be a lot out there, maybe just looking in the wrong places. lol.

How was the overall event? Worth the price? Would you go back? Trying to make plans and, having never been on NYE before, not sure if the event is worth it.