Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Two rides will be just fine for this. Just like with Potter, it's supposed to be more about the immersive experience than RIDEZ!RIDEZ!RIDEZ!!!

The rides are a fraction of the overall attraction- it's the exploring the surroundings that will pay for those rides with food and merch sales, photo ops, etc. Or, at least that's what Disney is hoping. I see merchandise being a home run, but the food is a big question mark for me. I'm sure (like with Pandora) they'll create something unique and tasty to eat, but I doubt it will be able to reach the "must have" status of the Potter stuff. No long lines at "blue milk" carts because it's something everyone wants to try since they saw it in the movie.

They'll need all that "empty space" to hold guests and for them to explore while they wait to ride, just like in Potter.

They're legit not allowed though...

I'm not gonna be the dick who reports anyone, but if anyone chooses to do so they can press to have them fired. If Disney is presented with the evidence and doesn't pursue it the union will go after them for any termination related to backstage photos.

Well the people I know that signed it were explicitly told by upper management that they were allowed to take pictures and post them.

With the relaunch of ST today, a new ending was revealed, previewing the new land. And that it seems that it is in the NT, along with the planet being named Batuu.

Have they said it's going to be in the movies? If that's true, it kinda throws the mishmash generic planet thing out the window. maybe they've come to their senses and are planning on recreating some of the classic planets.

Have they said it's going to be in the movies? If that's true, it kinda throws the mishmash generic planet thing out the window. maybe they've come to their senses and are planning on recreating some of the classic planets.

Batuu, is the land for Galaxies Edge. And that it seems to be more of an endbit after the Crait scene.

Also apparent, ST got a new opening, along with what seems to be three new transmissions from Rey, Poe, and Maz. So unless if something changed, they seem to be wanting to stick with the Legacy trilogy (that's what I call the new trilogy altogether).

Making the current experience set entirely within the new trilogy lends credibility to the story where we’ll be able to choose new trilogy or classic new adventure Star Tours. They didn’t just add in Crait like they did Jakku. Gotta give them credit.

Here we think they’re gonna close this ride soon and they keep updating it. Be a shame to lose it now that they’re finally keeping up with it though.

Batuu, is the land for Galaxies Edge. And that it seems to be more of an endbit after the Crait scene.

Also apparent, ST got a new opening, along with what seems to be three new transmissions from Rey, Poe, and Maz. So unless if something changed, they seem to be wanting to stick with the Legacy trilogy (that's what I call the new trilogy altogether).

When you said it was in the "NT" I assumed you meant Batuu was going to be in the New Trilogy movies.

Making the current experience set entirely within the new trilogy lends credibility to the story where we’ll be able to choose new trilogy or classic new adventure Star Tours. They didn’t just add in Crait like they did Jakku. Gotta give them credit.

Here we think they’re gonna close this ride soon and they keep updating it. Be a shame to lose it now that they’re finally keeping up with it though.
Martin recently said early 2021 at the earliest.

Martin recently said early 2021 at the earliest.

That makes sense. Christmas 2019 is going to be batshit crazy, so a lot of people will avoid it and plan on Christmas 2020 to see the SW stuff. They'll know at that point how the crowds are holding up. That leaves post holiday, or early 2021 as the earliest reasonable closure. If crowds are still big, they can just push it off another year.

I just realized, how odd is it, that in their 6 US parks, that they happen to be building SW land in the two parks that happen to have Star Tours.

Repost from the Disneyland thread, but mostly applies here.

We saw the blueprints for Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and this is what they show – Orange County Register

Article with some new info. The actual blueprints aren't shown, but the following is:
park-try-2.jpg

It gives us a look at how the Millennium Falcon ride will work that we haven't seen yet.

Simulator pods on a turntable. Turntable for the purpose of bringing your pod to load/unload platforms only, not for you to actually feel the motion. The simulator pod itself has its own motion base, like mini Star Tours.

Kinda like Carousel of Progress but with simulators instead of theaters. It's supposed to make it so you don't see people loading into the dozen or so millenium falcons, but rather YOU are in the REAL millenium falcon.