Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, I wonder if that could lead to them being able to use the X-men movie versions in the parks? A legit X men ride with Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, and Ian Mckellen would be interesting.
Hugh Jackman is retiring as Wolverine, so that ride would be outdated before it even opened.

This raises the question of will this be based on the movies or the tv show?

why-not-both.jpg

I don't know if its been mentioned here, but I decided to check today for updates on the UCPM case and saw a new suit filed to foreclose on Stan Thomas's remaining land (I think its all of it, only has a legal description of the land and its hard to tell). I imagine this should put more pressure on him to sell to Universal so he doesn't end up with nothing and even more legal costs? Even if Universal doesn't settle it, they could be looking to get the rest of it in the next foreclosure auction.

2017-CA-009228-O : AFF UNIVERSAL A DELAWARE GENERAL PARTNERSHIP vs. UNIVERSAL CITY PROPERTY MANAGEMENT III LLC

I don't know if its been mentioned here, but I decided to check today for updates on the UCPM case and saw a new suit filed to foreclose on Stan Thomas's remaining land (I think its all of it, only has a legal description of the land and its hard to tell). I imagine this should put more pressure on him to sell to Universal so he doesn't end up with nothing and even more legal costs? Even if Universal doesn't settle it, they could be looking to get the rest of it in the next foreclosure auction.

2017-CA-009228-O : AFF UNIVERSAL A DELAWARE GENERAL PARTNERSHIP vs. UNIVERSAL CITY PROPERTY MANAGEMENT III LLC
Can you link it directly? I don't get there from the title.

This is important, but it's not all of it (UCPM III controls 800 acres in many parcels); it appears to be 3 important parcels from UCPM III and 3 other parcels from Thomas' other vehicles:

Total of 65 acres from UCPM III and 17 from his other vehicles.

But this 65 acres from UCPM III is very important to Universal because it includes parcels touching the lqnd Universal got from the previous foreclosure.

That Parcel #2 appears to be the Mandarin Way parcel right between the westernmost 2 parcels that Universal got on Universal Blvd. It's extremely important.

UCPM Parcel 3 described in Exhibit A hereto (a/k/a UCPM 12 net developable acre parcel - actual acreage 21.105, including pond)
UCPM Parcel 1 described in Exhibit A hereto (a/k/a UCPM 33 net developable acre parcel - actual acreage 34.322, includes power corridor)
UCPM Parcel 2 described in Exhibit A hereto (a/k/a UCPM 20 net developable acre parcel — actual acreage
22.199, includes Mandarin right of way)
OHL Parcel 5 described in Exhibit A hereto (a/k/a 1.5 acre OHL parcel, SW-3)
OHL Parcel 6 described in Exhibit A hereto (a/k/a OHL 6 net developable acre parcel (actual acreage of parcel is 7.4, includes power corridor), SC-7W & SC-9
OHL Parcel 4 described in Exhibit A hereto (a/k/a OHL 9 acre parcel (actual 9.22 acres), SW-1)

This is important, but it's not all of it (UCPM III controls 800 acres in many parcels); it appears to be 3 important parcels from UCPM III and 3 other parcels from Thomas' other vehicles:

But this 65 acres from UCPM III is very important to Universal because it includes parcels touching the lqnd Universal got from the previous foreclosure.

That Parcel #2 appears to be the Mandarin Way parcel right between the westernmost 2 parcels that Universal got on Universal Blvd. It's extremely important.

UCPM Parcel 3 described in Exhibit A hereto (a/k/a UCPM 12 net developable acre parcel - actual acreage 21.105, including pond)
UCPM Parcel 1 described in Exhibit A hereto (a/k/a UCPM 33 net developable acre parcel - actual acreage 34.322, includes power corridor)
UCPM Parcel 2 described in Exhibit A hereto (a/k/a UCPM 20 net developable acre parcel — actual acreage
OHL Parcel 6 described in Exhibit A hereto (a/k/a OHL 6 net developable acre parcel (actual acreage of parcel is 7.4, includes power corridor), SC-7W & SC-9
OHL Parcel 4 described in Exhibit A hereto (a/k/a OHL 9 acre parcel (actual 9.22 acres), SW-1)

But even with this, it may cause him a much larger incentive to sell even more of the land before some of the other parcels get foreclosed on as well.

The company bringing this lawsuit is in the business of loaning money to real estate developers and seemingly nothing else, so if they are successful in their lawsuit I assume this land would be coming up for sale.

I think all of the UCPM parcels could be important, and potentially one of the OHL ones as well:
UCPM Parcel 1: Decent sized area between the land uni already bought and the proposed apartments/ripleys, includes frontage on universal blvd
UCPM Parcel 2: Connects two uni parcels on the western side as described by @zg44
UCPM Parcel 3: Directly southeast of and adjoining to the main uni parcel with a long border on destination pkwy
OHL Parcel 4: Due west of the north OCCC building, would be a perfect spot to put a hotel for convention crowd.
OHL Parcel 5: Barely noticeable speck next to convention center
OHL Parcel 6: 2 pieces, a tiny one adjoining where uni is building a parking lot, and one that will mostly be southern kirkman right of way when it gets extended.

The company bringing this lawsuit is in the business of loaning money to real estate developers and seemingly nothing else, so if they are successful in their lawsuit I assume this land would be coming up for sale.

I think all of the UCPM parcels could be important, and potentially one of the OHL ones as well:
UCPM Parcel 1: Decent sized area between the land uni already bought and the proposed apartments/ripleys, includes frontage on universal blvd
UCPM Parcel 2: Connects two uni parcels on the western side as described by @zg44
UCPM Parcel 3: Directly southeast of and adjoining to the main uni parcel with a long border on destination pkwy
OHL Parcel 4: Due west of the north OCCC building, would be a perfect spot to put a hotel for convention crowd.
OHL Parcel 6: 2 pieces, a tiny one adjoining where uni is building a parking lot, and one that will mostly be southern kirkman right of way when it gets extended.
Yeah, thanks for slotting all of those.

Those UCPM III parcels will be extremely important to Universal. They allow Universal to create two large contiguous plots on Universal Blvd. of 60 acres and 48.5 acres respectively that can feed easily into the 2nd resort.

Looking at this case, now we know why Universal hasn't bought off anything from Stan Thomas yet to try to alleviate the debt payments. Universal doesn't want to pay for connectors or wetland without securing the best land first, but the best land is securing the debt.

Looking ahead, these 6 parcels of 82 acres are backing a $27 million loan.

So that's around what they'd probably end up being valued. I'd say fair value of those lands is somewhere around $25-30 million based on what Orlando Equity Partners has sold its land for, but Comcast has surprised me before as an opportunistic buyer at lower than expected prices.

But even with this, it may cause him a much larger incentive to sell even more of the land before some of the other parcels get foreclosed on as well.
True but these are 3 of the best pieces of UCPM III and FQP. They have road access and are buildable plots next to Universal's hotel plots.

Universal is betting that if they take away the best pieces on Universal Blvd./Destination through bankruptcy then they can buy the wetlands and the rest later from him.

Instead of bailing out Stan Thomas by buying some wetlands or stormwater/drain property to provide him with the ability to refinance these best parcels of land, they're going straight for the best land.

I'd bet Universal's been in contact with the debt holders this entire time, just like how they privately had told Colony Capital that they'd take the 475 acres off them.

This is a complicated dance, but Universal is making the right moves.

A map of these parcels would be helpful. Right now it’s all mystical to me. :saywhat:

Status
Not open for further replies.