Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

I'm down for more TV mazes. So as long as they don't have movies connected to them, resulting in miscommunication between the copyright owners and creative team, leading to last minute changes that make the final product feel weird.

Asylum's atmosphere and characters are definitely the right brand for an HHN attraction; more enticing than Cult's environments and villains. Coven would be great as well, but I feel that they'll drag this brand out for a few more years, which isn't a problem with the different themes and such. Though if the slight possible rumors of Twin Peaks coming next year are true, I could get over Halloween and possibly the Strangers coming as well.

So basically in summary of the mazes we’re looking at:

Most Likely Coming:
- AHS; Cult or Asylum in one form or another
- Blumhouse’s Halloween; either (a) in a stand-alone maze or (b) in BoH Volume if it happens
- Classic Property; Thinking Poltergeist or The Thing
- Original; could be continuation of urban legends series, music maze(plz no), or period piece
- Trick R Treat
- The Walking Dead

Fair Chance of Coming:
- The Strangers: Prey at Night
- Stranger Things
- Horrors of Blumhouse Volume 2 featuring Truth or Dare, The Visit?, Creep?, Get Out, and maybe Halloween
- The Conjuring if everything works out
- IT; if they’re smart they’ll cash in on the success of this
- Twin Peaks; there’s a lot of rumors so who knows

Probably Not Coming:
- Hellraiser
- Scream
- Channel Zero; probably needs more exposure but one can hope(Surprised Creepypastas haven’t been brought yet)
- Slenderman
- Leatherface, Jason, or Friday
- Insidious

Channel Zero most likely a compilation of Candle Cove & No-End House. As for Candle Cove they could just use the characters in Candle Cove along with the demonic teeth boy.

^
Channel Zero most likely a compilation of Candle Cove & No-End House. As for Candle Cove they could just use the characters in Candle Cove along with the demonic teeth boy.
They're probably a little reticent about using too many kid actors. My money's on "clayface pirate" being a major character, a la Bughuul in Sinister this year.

You mean the Skintaker? Sinister didn't use kid actors for HHN so its easy to do a maze without kid actors.
Yes, I blanked out for a second. Skintaker.

Sinister didn't use kid actors, but Sinister was also 1/3rd of a maze and basically repivoted the whole series to focus on Bughuul. Candle-Cove is more or less all about kids or people that look like kids. About the only adult antagonists are the teacher (hard to put in as a scare) and the Skintaker, so by necessity they'll have to throw in some kid actors or just focus the entire maze on Skintaker.

How many would be interested in a Shaun of the Dead maze?

I personally feel like the scarezone was enough. If Uni wants to do an Edgar Wright Cornettos Trilogy maze though, I'd totally be down for that. Have zombies from Shaun, the slashers from Hot Fuzz and the people from World's End. Throw in some wacky hijinks. Bam. Comedy Maze.

I know TWD and Shaun's thing in common is zombies, but literally, none of the environments overlap or have the same feel. It'd be an injustice to SotD as a maze and the potential recreations there could be. Granted, they're not strong environments whatsoever, but if they're going to do it, they might as well do it right. The scarezone actually had a bit of the SotD feel thanks to being on London Street. Like, there'd be no point in a prison scene or a burning cabin, or half of the other things. Night/Dawn/Day of the Dead would be a better fit. Night has a cabin, Dawn could redress the prison maybe as part of a mall, some scenes could be transferred into a underground bunker easily for Day. I don't think Shaun has as many easy transformations. Then again, I don't think many fans would be in an uproar over the environments not being done right.

Man, I've been thinking more about a Cornettos Trilogy maze and honestly, I'd be pretty stoked to see it come.

Have it be like AHS n 2016 or Titans this year, where it begins with a long section (Shaun of the Dead), followed by a short section (Hot Fuzz - favorite movie in the trilogy, but not horror) and then ending with a big special effects showcase (World's End).

Shaun of the Dead could begin in the Convenience Store, go through Shaun's Apartment (with the roommate in the shower) and backyard, through some london streets with Shaun's dad in the car, then past some backyard fences a la El Cucuy and Ash (with Shaun attacking from above, of course). Climax at a Walking Dead style zombie-mob outside the pub.

Hot Fuzz could be a few rooms like the actors' death scene, the flower shop, and the hotel room, before going through the "GREATER GOOD" scene and the pile of corpses with the living statue. Ends during the shootout in the grocery store / the miniature village with some Ash-style character interactions ("FASCIST!" "Hag.").

World's End could be the bathroom fight, the twins, and the fight in the barroom. Stick Walker from Roanoke could become one of the Modern Art statues. Expect lots of dismemberment, people holding heads (blue blood this time!) and maybe even some scenes of Gary King crying.

Have the whole maze end at the pub, with characters from all three attacking; zombies from Shaun, the Sandford citizens from Hot Fuzz, and the Aliens from World's End.

EDIT: Speaking of zombies, 28 days later might be a cool layover for London Streets this year. I know that franchise is apparently dead, but it was awesome while it lasted, and it'd be nice to see some fast zombies for a change.

Last edited:

1. IT (599)
2. The Conjuring (206)
3. Stranger Things (196)
4. Halloween (167)
5. Scream (65)
6. Chucky (53)
7. Jeepers Creepers (50)
8. TRT (40)
9. AHS Cult (39)
10. Hellraiser (36)

That is a surprisingly large amount for Chucky. Surprised it beat out Hellraiser and TRT. If they do bring him back to theatres, he could be a possibility for 2019 or something.

In other news...Christ, that is quite a conversation going on in the IG comments.

Just a reminder: Saw and Black Sabbath are not Warner Brothers properties. Just because a property isn't WB or Uni doesn't mean it can't come.